Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke to the sales manager at the SF store. Even though my EDD is blank, he was able to see in their internal system that my Plaid with 19” wheels and CF trim will be produced between mid-August to mid-September. He recommended I wait for the 19s instead of switching to the 21s, nice guy.
I forgot to cc @DukeofURL since we are config twins :)

This forum has a lot of great info, some inaccurate info, and some alarmist type of stuff.
I'm seriously wondering if it is "healthier" to step back - I think some folks have mentioned they are doing that.
When I ordered in May, the EDD was September.
So why the F am I checking daily, panicking when I see on the forum new LRs not until February, etc.?
It has been an emotional roller coaster -- for a friggin car.
I think I'm going to take a chill pill, and hopefully (periodically) check in and see folks getting their beasts.
I think the Tesla monkey is an angry, vindictive beast, but I see no reason for me to put on a tin foil hat and read about Tesla conspiracy theories. YMMV.
That is the healthy thing to do. I did it. Yes I'm back here for now, but we'll see for how long. Hoping for Sept delivery but it could be Oct. So probably won't get my VIN until at least the end of Aug if not Sept.

I’m actually curious about how often anyone uses their mobile charger on the road. Going on 3 years and never been far enough from a supercharger to bother to even carry it. The odds of poor planning leading to an emergency charge that ends with me finding only a mobile home park or outside power plug to continue is pretty slim.
never for me. However, living on the East coast right near I95 with trips to the DC/MD/VA area (most of my trips), the SC's are plentiful. I literally never unplug my mobile connector from the wall in my garage to take with me anywhere. Worst case in some sort of pinch I'd find a destination charger at a hotel, a Tesla service center (not many, I get it), or I'd get on this forum and put out an APB for emergency help with a connector. LOL

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just called Tesla and got what was clearly a canned corporate response immediately: you'll be waiting till December-February for your car. RN1150 placed late May. Last week the timeline was September.

Well, I think that - if true - that's that for the Model S for me. I want to take advantage of great used car prices and move on from my Model 3 which is a great car but not relevant to my needs anymore...

Just called Tesla and got what was clearly a canned corporate response immediately: you'll be waiting till December-February for your car. RN1150 placed late May. Last week the timeline was September.

Well, I think that - if true - that's that for the Model S for me. I want to take advantage of great used car prices and move on from my Model 3 which is a great car but not relevant to my needs anymore...
Crap .. that’s my reservation range RN1150 June 1st order. Says october/blank/October/blank/October…

Will it be in my account settings?
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 2.14.17 PM.png

Yep

• Helpful
Called a new SA today just for fun. She spent 15m (!) looking through my account and talking to her manager. It was satisfying in that she seemed to actually make an effort (compared to my assigned SA who has never responded to an email or returned a call).

Their conclusion was that my battery day plaid+ order with white CF would be produced in October based on what they found in the account.

🙃🔫

This 🌧 on my hope that I would be covered in a September EOQ push, but miracles could happen. Lol.

😭
Yeah, I am hearing October from my SA too which almost sounds like Nov/Dec 😭

How do you find out who your SA is? I reached out to Tesla through the customer service chat and, once they realized I already had an order, was told that my SA would contact me. Unsurprisingly, that never happened.

What's the best way to establish first contact with a human being at Tesla?
Call a local service center / delivery center. And they will either assign you someone or give you some information.