Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand why everyone keeps saying this. I’ve seen plenty. Here’s a LR white exterior and white interior that was delivered a week or 2 ago:

They are saying it because hardly anyone with a white interior is getting a VIN, even early orders. The tracking sheet shows, at scale, that there are no white VINs right now...

But it isnt zero white interior are being delivered, its very few.

Every time I see someone else post that they got a 19" config VIN, four things happen:
- I look at their signature
- I see a later order date (seriously, good on you guys)
- I roll my eyes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
- I update my account page to find no EDD and no VIN
Everytime I see someone with a VIN with 19s and I see black/cream interior in their signature I roll my eyes to the back of my f*cking head. Then I see their order date and I check my pulse to make sure I'm still breathing.

Do we think the range on refreshed cara delivered this year will ever benefit from a range increase down the road, or are early adopters likely F’d like all is 3 earlier adopters? Is there anything out on this?
Nope, not with current hardware. They will add 4680 to this chassis and call it Plaid+ or some crap once Lucid starts delivering their cars with over 500 miles range. You're better off not giving benefit of the doubt to Tesla unless you love to be disappointed every single time

Same. At least you are on the west coast. I’m doomed.
I hear you. The recent 19" config VIN announcements have not been CA. (not that I recall, but could be my own whiny confirmation bias action)

I wonder if CA gets VINs later with same eventual delivery range given shorter time for logistics.

Omg, @boonedocks ! You prompted me to check! I’m with you my Tesla twin! I now have 8/21-9/4 date range. Hope springs eternal! 😀
I got 8/21 - 9/3 this morning too.. Although with you guys getting dates at same time, im wondering if this actually real estimate or just v something done automatically and there for will go blank again....

Where are you guys located?

Confirming the app has to be suspended in the background for phone key to work. Doesn’t have to be open in the foreground. Will not work if the app is force closed.
Any way to take your key fob with you in the car, leave it in there while you of course take your phone (with the Tesla app) out of the car? I.E. can you lock the vehicle with your key fob still in the car (and same for card key)?

So after having my plaid car undelivered (after being delivered and even shown in the mobile app temporarily), because I didn't leave the parking lot due to the car having all sorts of computer issues that was not caught during their triple inspection (that only took me to turn on the car to see).

Now it seems that I have been talking to a bot over the phone at delivery department, confirmed by my SA. At this point I don't know whether I should laugh or be angry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-112215_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-112215_Messages.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 75
A lot of people cutting the line. I'm gonna have to check with the bouncers. The heck is going on?!

Welcome to the club. I hate you.

Congrats
Yea it really doesn’t make sense I ordered not long ago compared to most people on here but got in before the price increase so I can’t say they go by who ordered first or who’s paying more 🤷‍♂️