Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S on January 27th. Long Range, Silver, White Seats, Arachnid wheels. Original estimate was March, but the estimate has disappeared and reappeared to be a later date several times. Most recently the estimate said August, but that is gone now too. Tesla contact at my local store said internal tools are showing November now, but I'm holding out hope that it may come sooner.

Really can't afford further delays, as my first kid is coming in December and I need a new vehicle regardless to accommodate a car seat. I've even told them I'd consider upgrading to a Plaid if it meant getting it sooner, but it doesn't appear that those sorts of strings are available for local delivery employees to pull.
November?! Wow. Just wow.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks! It really is a beauty. Love just looking at the car and can’t wait to use it on a 400 mile (each way) trip next weekend. These things, and the LRs in particular, are such amazing all around cars. Refined, fast, and roomy enough for trips and/or kids. The communication during the wait is absolute BS, but it does feel nice once it’s over.

I’m still rooting for more competition with the next cycle though 😁
Add another one.

This place is getting full. The fire marshal is gonna notice soon 😬

Stroller might not fit in the frunk now due to the addition of the heat pump, since it's made the 21 frunk a lot smaller.
Ours does fit
E451BD32-73C3-4768-B3E8-C8111E65665E.jpeg

The way things have been, I have a feeling your wish will come true.

Glad to hear you liked the car. My experience last Saturday was also great and our feedback are almost identical. Similar to your thinking, the car seemed lower than I expected as well so I guess it wasn’t our imagination. Good write up 👌
Thx for the short impression cant wait damn. 🚀🚀🎉🎉

Another delivery!

My SA called me yesterday and helped finalize everything and got me an earlier appointment to pick up today. Super smooth delivery, everything was setup for me and my car was pristine! It was missing a little black nob on the hatch and the Delivery rep scrounged one up while I was setting up my profile.

Initial thoughts;
-OMG the car is so quick I can’t imagine what you Plaid people are working with. The LR is fantastic.
-I love the yoke, this is what the steering wheel should have been like from the beginning. I got it setup in a perfect position for max comfort and drivability.

Totally worth the wait. This being my first new car and first Tesla I had lowered my expectations from some of the issues pointed out and n this thread but dang this car is slick.

I will schedule service next week as the car is pulling to the right a bit otherwise zero issues. Also scheduled for some personalization next week.
an A+ for the socks :cool:

I ordered a Model S on January 27th. Long Range, Silver, White Seats, Arachnid wheels. Original estimate was March, but the estimate has disappeared and reappeared to be a later date several times. Most recently the estimate said August, but that is gone now too. Tesla contact at my local store said internal tools are showing November now, but I'm holding out hope that it may come sooner.

Really can't afford further delays, as my first kid is coming in December and I need a new vehicle regardless to accommodate a car seat. I've even told them I'd consider upgrading to a Plaid if it meant getting it sooner, but it doesn't appear that those sorts of strings are available for local delivery employees to pull.
Feel like those estimates are garbage. From what I have been told, the factory team literally controls what it showing there. If November was the case, why does it not just show November? Makes no sense. Just feel like people are throwing out the date of the last time they looked at the designer or are currently looking at the designer.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It is called paying it forward and it was my pleasure.
LeoDoc is next on my list :)

Owners in the past have been kind enough to do the same for me while I was anxiously waiting. It is nice to have a chance to return the favor to the forum.
I can't thank you enough for extending me the same offer. To be honest, i haven't even seen a refreshed S yet... Part of me doesn't want to until i take delivery on mine. Basically, I'm holding out till my wedding day. It'll make it that much more special ❤️❤️

The biggest thing driving me to take you up on the offer though is that I've never experienced acceleration like that ...m3p, charger hellcat, Merc c63s, Audi rs5.... All crap compared to the plaid. Part of me wants to feel that pull.

Hope there isn't an expiration date😉

I can't thank you enough for extending me the same offer. To be honest, i haven't even seen a refreshed S yet... Part of me doesn't want to until i take delivery on mine. Basically, I'm holding out till my wedding day. It'll make it that much more special ❤️❤️

The biggest thing driving me to take you up on the offer though is that I've never experienced acceleration like that ...m3p, charger hellcat, Merc c63s, Audi rs5.... All crap compared to the plaid. Part of me wants to feel that pull.

Do it. Super nice, helpful, & knowledgeable guy and his car is gorgeous...I can see ALL of us getting together soon after we all have our MS Plaids. Whether we meet for lunch or a beer or whatever and talk & laugh about our experiences with this entire process. But, yeah, the car is worth it! I've owned/driven some quick cars before but not like this. It's like lolachampcar said, it just has the same power delivery from any speed...instant TQ and always there, time & time again. That's extremely unique for any vehicle and quite an exhilaration when you stomp on the accelerator. Don't believe those who might say that you'll lose control when you stomp on it...um, no you won't; you'll have full control over the EV even at very rapid acceleration and high speeds...it's extremely heavy and stable!

You can PM both lolachampcar and I with your name & phone number and we'll be sure to stay in contact after you & I get our MS Plaids. The ordering & delivery process sucks, but the car is worth the wait! True. :cool:

Only thing that disappoints me is the real-world max battery range from what lolachampcar said, it's < 300 mi and nowhere near the approx 348 mi. I'm still okay with it as my Jag I-Pace EV had a max battery range of 250 mi. so even if my real-world max battery range of my Tesla MS Plaid is ~ 270-280 mi, I'm still fine with that...but initially I was super excited to see > 400 mi. and then ~ 350 mi. but no, apparently it's not even close to that (for mostly hwy/mix hwy & city driving). Oh well.

Last edited:
That’s a nice looking car in red. Love the front plate too. I was going to say I loved EVERYTHING about the pic until I saw your shirt. I can’t give too much credit to a squid, lol. My brother is Class of 01, so at least I know I’m at the top of the family tree hahaha.

Go Air Force, Sink Navy!!
Except your name sounds very....Navy

The way things have been, I have a feeling your wish will come true.

Glad to hear you liked the car. My experience last Saturday was also great and our feedback are almost identical. Similar to your thinking, the car seemed lower than I expected as well so I guess it wasn’t our imagination. Good write up 👌
Actually, mine is currently 1/2" lower than low so not representative of a stock Plaid.

Do it. Super nice, helpful, & knowledgeable guy and his car is gorgeous...I can see ALL of us getting together soon after we all have our MS Plaids. :cool:
Did you notice that none of the LR folks are invited? It’s Peacocks Only! 😁 I’d be affronted, but I don’t even have a LR yet.

BTW gang, the peacock 🦚vanity plate is available on eBay.

Nope

It is called paying it forward and it was my pleasure.
LeoDoc is next on my list :)

Owners in the past have been kind enough to do the same for me while I was anxiously waiting. It is nice to have a chance to return the favor to the forum.
I think it’s time for all of us to recognize that you, sir, are the Eastern King of knowledge and helpful, astute and technical Tesla information. (Omar being the Western King.) 😀 I bow down to your mastery.
Now, one more “student“ question. With 20x10 1/2 rears, would you go with 295’s or 305’s if both fit properly?

I think it’s time for all of us to recognize that you, sir, are the Eastern King of knowledge and helpful, astute and technical Tesla information. (Omar being the Western King.) 😀 I bow down to your mastery.
Now, one more “student“ question. With 20x10 1/2 rears, would you go with 295’s or 305’s if both fir properly?
I kept iterating until I was happy with presentation. I'm a little strange so I'm probably not the best to ask when it comes to matters of taste.

I have way more to do to be even mentioned in the same breath as Omar but thank you for the kind words.