Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as someone mentioned (maybe in another thread) the 19s are no longer the hold up. Instead, its CF and white interiors. That's fine, Elon, where's my ANC bro? Can they at least ship that feature 3-4 months after launch, like, what's going on? I'd like to reiterate it's one of my top 2 features of why I am buying the car.
ANC? I would be cool with a functioning viewer to view the sentry videos when you enter the car and it tells you there's like 5 events, but no way to view them.

Don't believe it for a second. People are not acting like it's delayed. They're forced to act this way because their SAs are telling them that white interior is delayed to September or even November in my case which is also confirmed by the Blank DD literally everyone with white interior has on their account.
There's been a trend for the last two months that if you ordered MSM/Black or even Blue exterior with Black interior you'll get your car withing 3-4 weeks and if you had cream interior it's about the same time. Nobody saw this same trend with white interiors. I've literally seen like 2 members on this forum who have white interior. Chances are what you saw were Cream interiors and not White. I am sure of it.
Listen, I took pictures of the white interior last time. And it’s one of five I’ve seen in Utah.

Attachments

• F25254CD-CA4A-4E1B-B86E-FADDB05B4F72.jpeg
    F25254CD-CA4A-4E1B-B86E-FADDB05B4F72.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 81
Assistance please.

I have requested a service appointment for this Friday but my fronk won’t close all the way. Any tips?

Sorry for those without their new vehicle seeing this post….
Use painter masking tape around the hood seams so it doesn’t blow open, if you must drive it slow. Why not just schedule a mobile appointment and have Tesla come to you? Oh, and you don’t close the hood on a Tesla like an ICE car. Here, you push it into lock position, and not dropping it into locked position.

Assistance please.

I have requested a service appointment for this Friday but my fronk won’t close all the way. Any tips?

Sorry for those without their new vehicle seeing this post….
Assuming that things haven’t changed dramatically for the refresh…
Take a look at the little rubber bumpers…
They can be twisted to adjust the height.
It’s possible that they are extended to far which may prevent closing.
Both the top and bottom rubber bumpers can be rotated. Although I believe the lower one that looks more like a button i just supposed to be tighten down flush.

here are a few pics from my 2018 MS100D.
524A912B-AA6A-4F6D-89AF-2734E348C2B0.jpeg
DDCC1307-AAFC-4718-83F5-F9839C837EF1.jpeg
5DB7256E-713C-4996-AB5E-011521B1752C.jpeg

Use painter masking tape around the hood seams so it doesn’t blow open, if you must drive it slow. Why not just schedule a mobile appointment and have Tesla come to you? Oh, and you don’t close the hood on a Tesla like an ICE car. Here, you push it into lock position, and not dropping it into locked position.

Thanks! Mobile appointment is scheduled for Friday morning. I was going to drive Monday to the tint shop and I can baby it there with the fronk ajar… I just don’t want to force it down and I feel like I’m doing it just like the videos. The car is pulling to the right so it needs to get looked at anyway.

Assuming that things haven’t changed dramatically for the refresh…
Take a look at the little rubber bumpers…
They can be twisted to adjust the height.
It’s possible that they are extended to far which may prevent closing.
Both the top and bottom rubber bumpers can be rotated. Although I believe the lower one that looks more like a button i just supposed to be tighten down flush.

This did the trick!!

here are a few pics from my 2018 MS100D.
View attachment 693603View attachment 693604View attachment 693605

Taping the gaps won’t help, hoods don’t open because of airflow getting in. Fast air flowing over a flat surface provides lift.

Agreed on the ordering/build/delivery process (and how Tesla operates in general) but read my post on page 2889 and you might forget a bit about the process after you take delivery of your new MS. Time will tell whether or not I would order another Tesla; if so, I would probably order 1-2 years in advance and not even think about it until I receive an email with a VIN and delivery date, lol. I will still be looking at what Lucid, MB, Porsche/Audi, and the other auto mfgr's are doing with their EVs over the next few years but if all goes well and I have few to no problems with my MS Plaid, I may keep it for 4-5 years and then reevaluate what comes next. ;)
I went through this exact same process and felt the same way just 4 months ago with my Model Y order until I received it and all the pain went away.

Yet here I am, only 4 months later doing it all over and I’m just as pissed and impatient as the last time 😬

Last edited: