Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone posted a picture of the whole car with the 19" covers pulled off?

The lighting makes them look brighter than reality.

1629152411088.png

Hello, everyone. Was not checking the forum for a bit over a week and gosh... this thread... tried to check the last 60 pages... nope I can't handle it :D

Congrats, to everyone who got their cars in the past two weeks, and wishes others who are still waiting to be strong!

My plaid is doing great we have passed the 4000 milestones already (3000 miles I put on the car driving from MD to WA). Can't stop smiling every time I took the car for a ride!).

No mechanical issues so far but software glitched are killing me. Currently stuck on 2021.12.25.5.

Recently I was trying to fix some interior panels fitment issues and have discovered that the car has ambient light under decor panels on doors but for some reason, my car doesn't have a light engine :D Will talk about it with Tesla this week when I'll drop the car for door respray.

Can't wait to refinish the door, do a paint correction and drop the car for full-body PPF, and then put a ceramic coating over the ppf.

Attachments

• photo1628713129.jpeg
    photo1628713129.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 58
Hello, everyone. Was not checking the forum for a bit over a week and gosh... this thread... tried to check the last 60 pages... nope I can't handle it :D

Congrats, to everyone who got their cars in the past two weeks, and wishes others who are still waiting to be strong!

My plaid is doing great we have passed the 4000 milestones already (3000 miles I put on the car driving from MD to WA). Can't stop smiling every time I took the car for a ride!).

No mechanical issues so far but software glitched are killing me. Currently stuck on 2021.12.25.5.

Recently I was trying to fix some interior panels fitment issues and have discovered that the car has ambient light under decor panels on doors but for some reason, my car doesn't have a light engine :D Will talk about it with Tesla this week when I'll drop the car for door respray.

Can't wait to refinish the door, do a paint correction and drop the car for full-body PPF, and then put a ceramic coating over the ppf.
I have clean-garage envy! :)

So Freemont just called me.
I'm a Plaid + convert. ED is Mid-Late Sept.
They have a car for me if I accept the wood trim. My order is CF.
Im thinking get it and change out the interior down the road when the Service Center has CF trim in stock.

Thoughts?
I doubt they'll ever have all the cf pieces 'in stock'. They can't even get me a white bumper or a door handle quickly.... still waiting and no call today like they said they would.

Im thinking get it and change out the interior down the road when the Service Center has CF trim in stock.

Thoughts?
It's more a question of whether you want to absorb the cost of conversion. That said, did they give you any timeline for CF? That is - is it worth it to get it now for you or can you hold out indefinitely?

It's more a question of whether you want to absorb the cost of conversion. That said, did they give you any timeline for CF? That is - is it worth it to get it now for you or can you hold out indefinitely?
The timeline for the CF car is late Sept. I've actually converted my previous car to CF. It took a long while to get parts, but I made it happen. I suspect it will be the same this time around.
I think Im going to go for the the wood and convert later one providing the VIN is a recent one and not a car that's been sitting around for months.

The timeline for the CF car is late Sept. I've actually converted my previous car to CF. It took a long while to get parts, but I made it happen. I suspect it will be the same this time around.
I think Im going to go for the the wood and convert later one providing the VIN is a recent one and not a car that's been sitting around for months.
Edit: I called back to take it, and it was "automatched" 5 mins after I hung up with him!
So, looks like I'm still waiting.

Thoughts?

Do it. You can always pay to switch later. Then again, I personally would have taken wood to begin.