Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tweaks complete…

Red Brake Calipers-$950
28% (I think) tint on all sides, legal-$600 tinting
70% (I think) on front, legal
OEM Spoiler-$200
PPF on Front-$1750
Ceramic finish over the rest of the car-$300, monthly $100 per month for 2 full details, detailing club to maintain showroom look
No badging or de badging, free

Joy of launching once on my 3 mile commute…priceless!
Car looks sharp. I'll have the exact same build in a few days. The only thing I would suggest is adding the front mud flaps to protect those rear fenders, There is a whole thread about it.

Tweaks complete…

Red Brake Calipers-$950
OEM Spoiler-$200
PPF on Front-$1750
Ceramic finish over the rest of the car-$300, monthly $100 per month for 2 full details, detailing club to maintain showroom look

Hell yeah, looks awesome! Those are some dark ass windows though, hoping to get mine about as dark, too. I like incognito...don't need people staring at me while I cruise around, baby.

Also - the OEM spoiler is only $200? Was that a typo or did you get it from somewhere other than Tesla? The spoiler, tinted windows and some PPF around certain parts are what I plan on doing (oh and making the badges black as well).

Why is the GMC in the garage and the Plaid is punished like the red (get it <insert rim shot>) headed step child?

Still working on the parking arrangement. I have half the garage as a gym and we have a third vehicle. My wife like the kid hauler to not be super hot when she has to go somewhere. The Tesla keeps itself cool, with all kinds of sounds…lol

Hell yeah, looks awesome! Those are some dark ass windows though, hoping to get mine about as dark, too. I like incognito...don't need people staring at me while I cruise around, baby.

Also - the OEM spoiler is only $200? Was that a typo or did you get it from somewhere other than Tesla? The spoiler, tinted windows and some PPF around certain parts are what I plan on doing (oh and making the badges black as well).

Oh sorry, I got the spoiler here wrong acronym;

FYI gentleman, although it seems to be quite region dependent, but now I've added partial ppf to my MS Plaid detailing order...still doing the Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty all over) + window tint for all 4 windows & rear window of course + chrome delete on the 2 Tesla & PLAID emblems, but now I've also added ppf to the entire front of the car (hood, front bumper/fascia/lip spoiler), front fenders, mirrors & headlights (and possibly the 2 rear quarter panels) for $3,850.00 for everything (not including the 2 rear quarter panels but I can add those for about another $1,000-$1,500)...3 days total for all the work...what do you guys think?

Car looks great! Hows the fit and finish of the spoiler? Is it truly OEM-spec? Also, curious to know why you went for glossy (I believe the Plaid OEM spoilers are Matte finish)

Car looks sharp. I'll have the exact same build in a few days. The only thing I would suggest is adding the front mud flaps to protect those rear fenders, There is a whole thread about it.

I am seriously considering that.

Can you share the thread?

The car has so much power it kicks up dust leaving my driveway. I want to see how the ceramic works to wash off the dirt for a couple of days.

Just got my mud flaps from Amazon today. Gonna look like a redneck in a Tesla here shortly....IF I EVER GET THE DAMN CAR.
WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???

iu-4.jpeg

Car looks great! Hows the fit and finish of the spoiler? Is it truly OEM-spec? Also, curious to know why you went for glossy (I believe the Plaid OEM spoilers are Matte finish)

Sorry, I used the wrong acronym.

I liked glossy, I’m a proud LR driver so I didn’t want to match the Plaid 100% anyway.

Tweaks complete…

Red Brake Calipers-$950
OEM Spoiler-$200
PPF on Front-$1750

That looks amazing!! And Semper Fi (TYFYS). I may have to see what that spoiler would look like on my black LR

Got it. Thanks. I do believe RPM Tesla is supposed to be measuring and matching the new Plaid spoiler for potential fitment changes. Let us know if this one comes off or if any issues. $250 is an incredible deal, though! Tesla wants $1500 (HAHAHA). But the ass of the car needs that little extra something, imo.

Also - would love to see that glossy spoiler in direct Florida sunlight if you wanted to hook us up with a 30 second video clip. ;) Ill take more pix as well!

So a word of caution for folks thinking about swapping out trim at a later date. Pre-refresh, this was trivial. With the Palladium cars, it is a bit more complicated. The door and dash trim is still straightforward. The issue comes from the insert in the 2nd row arm-rest. From what I can decipher from the EPC, the insert is not available separately and the armrest is also not available separately. You have to get the entire left seat assembly which is $2K--it is also "restricted" which is an additional hurdle. Now, perhaps Service has something they can do, but make sure you do your due diligence if you are planning to swap out trim.
Is there prices on the door, dash and console?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got it. Thanks. I do believe RPM Tesla is supposed to be measuring and matching the new Plaid spoiler for potential fitment changes. Let us know if this one comes off or if any issues. $250 is an incredible deal, though! Tesla wants $1500 (HAHAHA). But the ass of the car needs that little extra something, imo.

Also - would love to see that glossy spoiler in direct Florida sunlight if you wanted to hook us up with a 30 second video clip. ;) Ill take more pix as well!

The EV studio wrapped a Plaid and he had to take off the spoiler and he assured me $1500 was waaaay too much to pay for that spoiler. He said the one I had was good quality. I’ll be sure to post if it flies off but feels like it is on there firmly.

Question for the Yoda's on here, the OGs that are rollin' dirty in their new 2021 MSLR/Plaid, I purchased some lighted sill plates for my car, WHICH I STILL DON'T HAVE. Anyway, I digress. If you look back a few thousand pages you'll see where I was inspired to acquire these (@artsci). They look sharp so far but the installer is hesitant to attempt the install until he has some idea of which wire to connect the sill plates wires to. So has anyone installed/had installed on a 2021, lighted sill plates?
iu-6.jpeg

Will do! It has rained for like the last 4 days straight and I was waiting for the ceramic appointment to be done. I should be able to get a video tomorrow morning as well as other pics. In my opinion with my iPhone 12 Pro a photo still doesn’t do it justice. The red pops so hard! It is stunning in person.

Anyone who’s received their car - any of y’all been rained on yet? On a scale from “bad” to “atrocious” how’re the auto wipers on the new S?

I’ve been thinking that the longer hood compared to the 3 might help with the road spray that makes the auto wipers a joke on that car. Any thoughts? Oh, also, could someone confirm for me that if you hit the wiper button the left scroll controls the speed setting for a few seconds after?

@Hayseed_MS @jebinc and trying to think of others who don’t live in deserts, I mean, California. Thanks!