Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Porsche/Audi fits my parents. That is why they switched from the Y to the E-Tron. They do not need more than 150-200 miles (99% charge at home so network a non-issue). They wanted a luxury car with air suspension and good ride. The price difference was not an issue for them. For me and my driving, the Porsche/Audi would be a huge nogo.

I just cant believe they dont have one pedal driving/auto hold on those cars. Ridiculous. After having it for a year and then driving the peasant mobile I have now that requires the brake I have told myself: I will never buy another car without one pedal driving again. It just makes no sense to have to sit there with your foot on the brake once you get to experience what driving shouldve felt like all along. the brake is for absolute emergencies only in Teslas/some other EVs.

VW - get yo *sugar* together.

As someone who hasn't been here very long and whose order is much younger, at 2 months, than many here, I can tell you that I've thought long and hard about my first move to EV's. This process could only be a little more balled up than it is. I'm not buying an EV to "save the planet" but certainly recognize the benefits. And based upon recent range increases, I thought this could now make sense for me. I don't care about EV credits or that type of stuff. Saving money is nice...but I'm lucky enough to be in a financial position to generally buy what I want. I could have bought a Plaid, but chose to buy the LR as its sufficient to fit my needs (e.g. I'm at a point in my life where I don't need to be the fastest guy).

But this is crazy. Part of my long and hard thought process includes what I'm buying and whether it amounts to a prudent decision. I've heard about the quality control and software issues, and while problematic, they haven't amounted to deal breakers for me. But @Tigers post made think again. All in, this is $92K and I got in prior to LR price hikes. This may not make sense for me, right now, based upon what is happening around us. I'm not slated to take delivery until November 15 - December 5. I'll likely stick this out for another month or two, but without significant movement in the right direction regarding the software issues, I may fall back on a M3P. To the longtime Tesla folks: is this an overreaction?
Curious to know! What are the software issues that you speak of?
Bear in mind that the main purpose of YT videos and reviews is to tear down every negative facet and no car is without any issues.

Aww thanks Bill, appreciate the thought.

It would really not be a big deal at all, had I not been told “July” delivery and hence sold my M3P on July 31st. Silly me for trusting Tesla on that one.

But I have to admit, I AM having fun toying with the 4 different orders I now have (latest 3 placed at $100 bet each). It’s like playing with gambling money knowing I will lose it, but enjoying the entertainment.

I’m actually strongly considering the MSM Plaid with wood trim now, given its EDD is from today (!) to September 1st. Let’s see if Tesla gives it a VIN soon! Then I’ll have to fight the fight to get it price-adjusted.

More fun times ahead! :)
Go MSM! Once you go MSM, you won't go back! 😋 Cream/Walnut interior?

I just cant believe they dont have one pedal driving/auto hold on those cars. Ridiculous. After having it for a year and then driving the peasant mobile I have now that requires the brake I have told myself: I will never buy another car without one pedal driving again. It just makes no sense to have to sit there with your foot on the brake once you get to experience what driving shouldve felt like all along. the brake is for absolute emergencies only in Teslas/some other EVs.

VW - get yo *sugar* together.
My stinger had auto hold :) it's amazing not all cars have auto hold.

Watched Doug demuro review of a plaid blue/white/wood on YouTube and now doubting the white/wood interior. The wood didn’t look as nice in the video as it looks like in the design studio. This decision making is driving me crazy. I’ll be so bummed if I pick up the car and not in love with interior colors. White/CF or black/CF may be the way to go
I've sat in a cream/wood Plaid, and I've gotta say: the wood is very nice. Great texture, and a really nice medium brown. And I'm the last type of person to say that. I personally would always go with CF, but if you like the wood, I doubt you would be disappointed.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted previously... Tesla more than doubles its non-refundable order fee

"Last year, Tesla gave up on its seven-day, no questions asked return policy, but the non-refundable order fee stayed.
Today, we learn that Tesla more than doubled the order fee to $250 in an update to its online configurator overnight:

The reason for the change is unknown, but it comes as the time between ordering a new Tesla and taking delivery is significantly increasing.
As we previously reported, Tesla has recently pushed almost all new delivery timelines for new car orders."

Screen-Shot-2021-08-20-at-9.49.47-AM.jpg
This is @MarcG 's fault 100% 🤣🤪🤣🤪

Why would you go always CF??? Just picking your 🧠
No problem! I just like the idea of any performance car having CF if available. There is also the enhanced contrast of the CF with the interior color (besides black of course). Additionally, a really nice detail in the interior is the way the console trim goes all the way up and under/beside the wireless phone chargers. This detail is more easily appreciable with CF, and it just looks out of this world IMHO, with that matte/satin dry-carbon weave.