Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have we in fact established that, in the refreshed S, the brakes are applied before coming to a full stop?

In my M3P, the motors took care of bringing the car to a full stop using a combination of regeneration to a slow speed then reverse torque, and only when the car came to a full stop would the brakes get applied.
You know dude I'm a complete idiot. I should've double checked. I'm pretty sure that the previous MS applied the friction brakes at slow speeds, and I always thought that the M3 and thus MS do so now. Knowing what you've said, then I would think that the MS doesn't actually use the brakes at all besides holding the car, as the new MS is heavily based technology and improvement wise on the M3. Sorry about that guys. I always try to be as well informed as possible.

This pretty much sums up the current state of affairs with the abysmal Tesla customer service. o_O

"Tesla and Elon Musk fan and frontman of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young David Crosby said he has been lied to four times about the delivery date of his electric car, and he is considering taking his business to Porsche if it does not get sorted out.

Crosby is one of the most notable vocal Tesla fans with celebrity status. He has followed Teslarati for some time and says he is an Elon fan. However, Crosby has been waiting for his new Tesla for seven months, and while the company has admittedly struggled with a growing backlog of orders and limited production capacity at its U.S. plant in Fremont, California, the rocker is considering a Porsche instead. It seems Crosby is most upset with the customer service, as his delivery date has not been finalized and it has been changed on several occasions."

1629601832828.png

This pretty much sums up the current state of affairs with the abysmal Tesla customer service. o_O

"Tesla and Elon Musk fan and frontman of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young David Crosby said he has been lied to four times about the delivery date of his electric car, and he is considering taking his business to Porsche if it does not get sorted out.

Crosby is one of the most notable vocal Tesla fans with a celebrity status. He has followed Teslarati for some time and says he is an Elon fan. However, Crosby has been waiting for his new Tesla for seven months, and while the company has admittedly struggled with a growing backlog of orders and limited production capacity at its U.S. plant in Fremont, California, the rocker is considering a Porsche instead. It seems Crosby is most upset with the customer service, as his delivery date has not been finalized and it has been changed on several occasions."

View attachment 699818
I love how people make it seem as though their life depends on a delivery date lol. They "lied"..... IT'S AN ESTIMATE PEOPLE! It's not like they are maniacally laughing behind the scenes, and saying: "Heh, heh, heh we told David his car would be there at X time, SIKE!"
Good luck paying 150k+ for a far inferior performance car that has way less range, and subpar force touch sensitive climate screens🙂

I love how people make it seem as though their life depends on a delivery date lol. They "lied"..... IT'S AN ESTIMATE PEOPLE! It's not like they are maniacally laughing behind the scenes, and saying: "Heh, heh, heh we told David his car would be there at X time, SIKE!"🙂
Nonsense... re-read the article. ;)
Customers have other options available and will walk if this issue is not corrected soon.
He received a confirmed delivery date 4 times from Tesla... their customer service is seriously flawed.

I love how people make it seem as though their life depends on a delivery date lol. They "lied"..... IT'S AN ESTIMATE PEOPLE! It's not like they are maniacally laughing behind the scenes, and saying: "Heh, heh, heh we told David his car would be there at X time, SIKE!"
Good luck paying 150k+ for a far inferior performance car that has way less range, and subpar force touch sensitive climate screens🙂
Plus, when was the last time Crosby had a hit? He should automatically be at the back of the line at all times. 😆

Remember, good ‘ol David’s (and his band mates) brain 🧠 might be, well… not up to par given his decades long love affair with controlled substances….

You know dude I'm a complete idiot. I should've double checked. I'm pretty sure that the previous MS applied the friction brakes at slow speeds, and I always thought that the M3 and thus MS do so now. Knowing what you've said, then I would think that the MS doesn't actually use the brakes at all besides holding the car, as the new MS is heavily based technology and improvement wise on the M3. Sorry about that guys. I always try to be as well informed as possible.
Where do we return the bot?

This doesn't really seem like something you would say. What is he wrong about in his comments? Tesla is lying to people about their delivery dates. They are also not delivering vehicles in an open and fair manner. While all of this is going on, they are completely shutting their customers off from information about why.

If Tesla had said "We don't know, but when we do, we will give you a promised delivery window." then I can see your point. But when you order a car in November, and they tell you they aren't going to build it anymore, and then you order a new model, and they tell you that one is gone as well, and then you order the third time, and you wait 8 months while others are picking up cars in weeks, that's not exactly being honest.

Mocking someone for threatening to go to an inferior product does not invalidate their point. Tesla customer service for the ordering process is about as bad as it can get. No information, random meaningless EDD's, and a seemingly unfair way of deciding who gets a car.

If they say an estimated delivery is 10-14 weeks, and it doesn't happen, they should explain why. They could just say the estimated delivery is a MINIMUM of 10 weeks, but that doesn't get as many people to order one. They know this.

So does the Red and Wood Cream Plaid have the fastest delivery right now? Or is it kinda unknown
I can only confirm from what I have on order, and what others have entered in the tracking sheet. Lots of EDDs in the second half of September for black and cream interior, not much white at all. CF trim also seems delayed versus wood, potentially beyond September, despite what EDDs show.

Haha no worries at all! I believe that’s how Omar’s car behaved when I test drove it, but it’s been a while..

This doesn't really seem like something you would say. What is he wrong about in his comments? Tesla is lying to people about their delivery dates. They are also not delivering vehicles in an open and fair manner. While all of this is going on, they are completely shutting their customers off from information about why.

Is Tesla had said "We don't know, but when we do, we will give you a promised delivery window." then I can see your point. But when you order a car in November, and they tell you they aren't going to build it anymore, and then you order a new model, and they tell you that one is gone as well, and then you order the third time, and you wait 8 months while others are picking up cars in weeks, that's not exactly being honest.

Mocking someone for threatening to go to an inferior product does not invalidate their point. Tesla customer service for the ordering process is about as bad as it can get. No information, random meaningless EDD's, and a seemingly unfair way of deciding who gets a car.

If they say an estimated delivery is 10-14 weeks, and it doesn't happen, they should explain why. They could just say the estimated delivery is a MINIMUM of 10 weeks, but that doesn't get as many people to order one. They know this.
Listen, I know this is out of the norm for me. I'm by no means standing by or condoning what Tesla is doing here. I think they should be wayyy more accurate with their delivery dates, and give priority to the OG orders from last year. The issue seems to be IMO that Tesla gives out internal goals/deadlines for EDDs, which are always never met. All this could in fact be dealt with by improving communication. For example, Tesla had a start of production internal target of October for the CT, which we know won't happen. But these are internal deadlines, either to spur on enthusiasm or to speed up the process.

TBH my dude, I do feel bad about posting that. At the same time, I've gotta be real when people say and act as if this billion dollar corporation knows exactly who they are, and are evilly singling them out to make their lives "miserable" by making them want a little longer for their $100,000 cars, when, in the grand scheme of things, there are MANY people in worse financial and general situations.
I think this whole forum can agree with me on the fact that these are GORGEOUSLY designed and engineered products, and ones we all are happy to be living in the time of. This IS me being positive, as I try to see the greater scheme, and the fact these machines are even being built, as a lucky thing.

Last edited:
I posted this on YouTube 4/15/18

Model 3 Aero Wheels Center Cap Removal

Product in video…
iFixit Heavy Duty Suction Cups Amazon.com: iFixit Heavy-Duty Suction Cups - Electronics, Computer & Tablet Display Opening Tools : Automotive
They are a perfect fit and seems to be the best method of removal
Others have suggested drilling a small hole when using an Allen wrench to pull them out.
This is definitely a much better option
Suction cup, nice! @jebinc: I called it - even if it invited more jokes ;)

Crosby is one of the most notable vocal Tesla fans with celebrity status. He has followed Teslarati for some time and says he is an Elon fan. However, Crosby has been waiting for his new Tesla for seven months, and while the company has admittedly struggled with a growing backlog of orders and limited production capacity at its U.S. plant in Fremont, California, the rocker is considering a Porsche instead. It seems Crosby is most upset with the customer service, as his delivery date has not been finalized and it has been changed on several occasions."

View attachment 699818
This is just a tweet. we dont have any more info. and this guy is just one customer. Pretty much a non-story that Teslarati is trying to pump up the way CNBS pumps up any possibly negative story about Tesla. I happen to live near David and know people who know him. He is really up in years and in poor health. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the tool shed if you know what i mean. A bit more like a cranky old guy. Essentially this is a non-story.

If Tesla had said "We don't know, but when we do, we will give you a promised delivery window." then I can see your point. But when you order a car in November, and they tell you they aren't going to build it anymore, and then you order a new model, and they tell you that one is gone as well, and then you order the third time, and you wait 8 months while others are picking up cars in weeks, that's not exactly being honest.

To add to my other thoughts, I truly don't believe Tesla is manipulating or phrasing things a certain way to get people to order more. Remember, Tesla doesn't count a delivery until that car is in fact sitting in that owner's driveway. There is ZERO benefit to doing this, and it can hurt their reputation and compound the stigma that Tesla never meets its deadlines.

I honestly think Tesla is very much childlike in their optimism for meeting deadlines, and they truly do believe they can hit their estimates. I do believe that they really thought they could ship the cars in March, then went, "OK, we'll surely make next month," and so on, until they finally delivered the first car in June. You could actually see how triumphant and proud the Tesla Team truly was for finally getting this car out. Tesla likely never even imagined this amount of hardship that would occur with the new MS launch.

This is just a tweet. we dont have any more info. and this guy is just one customer. Pretty much a non-story that Teslarati is trying to pump up the way CNBS pumps up any possibly negative story about Tesla. I happen to live near David and know people who know him. He is really up in years and in poor health. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the tool shed if you know what i mean. A bit more like a cranky old guy. Essentially this is a non-story.
Whole “celebrity” grievance tweet is a bunch of bs. This person (don’t know who he/she is) can buy any car they want and the public knows that so to tweet out something of this nature and the threat to go to another luxury brand falls on deaf ears given the current geo situation with covid pandemic. Multiple car manufacturers are sold out of product but none get the press that Tesla does because pushing bad Tesla news pulls much more click bait than anything else.

If anyone is interested, I was able to retrofit the model 3 collar/stalks nicely with the yoke in place, and am working on a modification to make the yoke turn signals into music control while using stalks for turn signals and shifting. TBH it looks, dare i say, good, even with the yoke. I still maintain that removing stalks was silly over-minimalism.
Fascinating. Do you have a thread on this? I would like to follow along.