Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaking oil from the motors, and it breaks down after the track run. Hmmm
The oil I wouldn't worry about too much, as Tesla will surely fix it if a problem arises, and it's possible that new ones coming off the line right now don't have that issue. Regarding the warnings, like Rich said, Tesla said this is a VERY rare issue, and likely some of the bugs needing to be worked out in the initial run.
What the video gave off to me though is how truly insanely engineered the Plaid is. Rich seemed genuinely impressed, and that's a hard thing to do. He's said himself that he is "a cheap bastard" and he kept saying how it was worth every penny, and how Tesla is stepping up the game big time. That is huge to me.

The oil I wouldn't worry about too much, as Tesla will surely fix it if a problem arises, and it's possible that new ones coming off the line right now don't have that issue. Regarding the warnings, like Rich said, Tesla said this is a VERY rare issue, and likely some of the bugs needing to be worked out in the initial run.
What the video gave off to me though is how truly insanely engineered the Plaid is. Rich seemed genuinely impressed, and that's a hard thing to do. He's said himself that he is "a cheap bastard" and he kept saying how it was worth every penny, and how Tesla is stepping up the game big time. That is huge to me.
It is definitely impressive underneath. I didn’t see any cheap crap like the wood bracket holding up pieces of the cooling system in early Model Ys.

My SA offered me a MSM/Black MSLR 21” this afternoon. It was built June 29th.
Do you think that’s too old to consider?
Could MSM/Black be considered a peacock? 🦚
Should I take it if they throw in free oil changes for life?

/undecided
Ormond Beach? I think anybody that’s in Florida that doesn’t have a white car needs their head examined. That said, I’d take it at this point 😀

My SA offered me a MSM/Black MSLR 21” this afternoon. It was built June 29th.
Do you think that’s too old to consider?
Could MSM/Black be considered a peacock? 🦚
Should I take it if they throw in free oil changes for life?

/undecided
Mine is a June 3rd build and overall it is great. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I guess the question for folks who have had Model S for 5+ years… Have you had any motor issues requiring fixes/replacements? It’s my first EV and am used to expecting maintenance issues after certain miles depending on the make I own but no idea on the EV side.
There was an annoying noise from the back right motor when I accelerated in my 2013 MS. It was fixed under warranty (motor replaced). The car has been silent ever since. It was an annoyance more than a "real" issue.

I just cant believe they dont have one pedal driving/auto hold on those cars. Ridiculous. After having it for a year and then driving the peasant mobile I have now that requires the brake I have told myself: I will never buy another car without one pedal driving again. It just makes no sense to have to sit there with your foot on the brake once you get to experience what driving shouldve felt like all along. the brake is for absolute emergencies only in Teslas/some other EVs.

VW - get yo *sugar* together.
They do have it
Question for those that "have theirs." Has anyone installed lighted sill plates (kick plates) in their doors? And/or new puddle lights? If so, can I pick your brain for a bit? Thanks in advance.
Have not seen any of the round ones like on the 2021 out yet, but it would be nice

I usually get white cars, but I thought blue with a light interior would work too.

Blue is not too bad in the sun. I have stayed in over 100F sun for a few days in it and no big deal. The issue is the roof is the same color on all models - and it seems that is where I am feeling most of the heat on the car. I do agree that white would be cooler overall.