Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I'm actually a fan of the Air, and I think that Lucid has really good technology, but what was NOT cool was comparing those two. The Air at 80k is RWD, and not nearly as fast, for like 1 more mile of range.
Yeah I am not a fanboy looking to find fault, but saying a $170k car is going to give the LR a run is just silly.

You only MAKE $$ when you sell, so...have you actually sold TSLA and cashed out some? If so, you got some big capital gains tax, no? Nothing wrong with it either way but just saying. ;) If not, then it's just $$ in your investment account and may likely just stay there and be passed on to your children (assuming you have kids) as part of their inheritance. I mean, I think it's funny when people are like "yeah, I've made soooooo much money on TSLA that I basically bought a new $100k+ Tesla for free" or whatever when poor schlumps like me just pay for mine with cash without selling any stock whatsoever. 😜
or even better (for some) who didnt sell their TSLA, put the cash they could have paid for their refresh in more stock, then used high credit rating to get loan for the refresh under 2%..

Wow, logged in this morning just to double-check everything was in order on my end (I'm a bit paranoid) and was surprised to see the original estimated delivery date of March 2022 pulled waaaay forward to October 30 - November 19!

RN1154, Order modified (I switched from black interior to white) on 8/8/21 - Black/White/CF/21's Plaid
This makes no sense. I'm RN1153 with the exact same config and mine updated to December-Jan this morning :(

Do not care for the car but absolutely love the range push this will give Tesla to deliver on that 520 mile plus Plaid+ order I originally had.
Agree re. Range. That and carbon motors was why I ordered + originally. Glad that Lucid is coming out with a quality product but FSD and charging network are distinctive advantages for me. The charging network may open up which will dilute that advantage but I have confidence that FSD is years ahead of others.

Nice article. IMO, the Lucid is likely to be the best engineered EV on the road when or if it ever comes out. They focused on the things people care about, versus slap some *sugar* together with iffy QC so people on YouTube can talk about how fast it is.

However, I hate the look of the interior and exterior rear. Screams old rich man. No sex appeal at all.

Also, I applaud rivian for allowing paying customers to be the first to drive the car, like Tesla, versus journalists for marketing.

I still hold this thought: lucid is a better product than the model s engineering wise but will fail because of the Tesla cult. Rivian offers a new path to EVs, with tons of money from people who also know what they are doing. They will be around a while (but will be bought).
Agreed on what's going to happen to Rivian. Respectfully disagree that Lucid will fail because of the "Tesla cult". Every brand has their crazy fans (AHEM corvette), but that wouldn't kill Lucid. Lucid's going to have a cult of their own. And they're not even trying to compete with Tesla. There's no chance. By the time Lucid reaches the 25k pricing (if they want to) Tesla will be wayyy too far ahead. Additionally, they are very clearly trying to be a luxury brand first. Not transition the world to sustainable energy, but transitioning luxury to sustainable energy. Completely different missions and targets.

Also, I have to disagree with your notion that the Lucid is engineered better. I think there are plusses and minuses to both, and both come out to be even. Yeah the Lucid has more power, but can't use that power as efficiently. 144-146 trap vs. 153 for the Plaid, even with almost 100 more hp. The Plaid is a master at holding power. The Lucid is quite a bit heavier as well. The Plaid is like a scalpel in performance. Additionally, the 924 volt architecture is awesome, but I doubt that they will be able to use the 400 volt Tesla Superchargers, even if they're open to manufacturers, unless there was some type of adapter.

I'll leave off with this: while the Lucid is an awesome car, and as a fan of the brand, I'm excited for them, it's VERY important to remember that things for this small company can go really well, or really bad really fast. Even as a LCID investor, I have to acknowledge that fact. Tesla is an experienced EV manufacturer with the chargers and knowledge to back it up.

Agreed on what's going to happen to Rivian. Respectfully disagree that Lucid will fail because of the "Tesla cult". Every brand has their crazy fans (AHEM corvette), but that wouldn't kill Lucid. Lucid's going to have a cult of their own. And they're not even trying to compete with Tesla. There's no chance. By the time Lucid reaches the 25k pricing (if they want to) Tesla will be wayyy too far ahead. Additionally, they are very clearly trying to be a luxury brand first. Not transition the world to sustainable energy, but transitioning luxury to sustainable energy. Completely different missions and targets.

Also, I have to disagree with your notion that the Lucid is engineered better. I think there are plusses and minuses to both, and both come out to be even. Yeah the Lucid has more power, but can't use that power as efficiently. 144-146 trap vs. 153 for the Plaid, even with almost 100 more hp. The Plaid is a master at holding power. The Lucid is quite a bit heavier as well. The Plaid is like a scalpel in performance. Additionally, the 924 volt architecture is awesome, but I doubt that they will be able to use the 400 volt Tesla Superchargers, even if they're open to manufacturers, unless there was some type of adapter.

I'll leave off with this: while the Lucid is an awesome car, and as a fan of the brand, I'm excited for them, it's VERY important to remember that things for this small company can go really well, or really bad really fast. Even as a LCID investor, I have to acknowledge that fact. Tesla is an experienced EV manufacturer with the chargers and knowledge to back it up.

Disagree. Their entire customer base are going to be disillusioned Tesla buyers. That's it. Not enough. Tesla was lightning in a bottle.