Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good questions, but I have a couple more. I see people bagging hard core on the 19” wheels, but want mud flaps. At first, I thought the concept was a joke. It’s real.

Question I have is, if you get the car PPF’d, mud flaps won’t protect it anymore will it?

I don’t know the numbers, but it just has to affect drag?

I mean, it’s not a Jeep. Isn’t the goal lower drag?
I think the flaps protect the ppf. The flaps get ceramic coating so the air glides over it. If you ceramic coat a frying pan, eggs will not stick! (DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR PANS! PELIGRO!

Last edited:
Wow, are they able to track where the car is? I had assumed once you get a VIN it was just a matter of logistics and they had already laid out a plan.
Nope. The car sat at the factory for a month. It is supposedly moving now but I'm expected to believe that it takes two weeks to get from California to Indiana.

Good questions, but I have a couple more. I see people bagging hard core on the 19” wheels, but want mud flaps. At first, I thought the concept was a joke. It’s real.

Question I have is, if you get the car PPF’d, mud flaps won’t protect it anymore will it?

Lower drag is a concern but range is not the only consideration. I won't sacrifice the paint on my car just so I can go an extra few miles before charging. Just like I am not going to by $5000 rims, to save 70 lbs, when I am 50 lbs over weight.

The extended rear fenders are getting destroyed by rocks. So you have to consider how much that extra few miles are worth. Is it worth the car looking like crap in two years? I'll take the mud flaps.

It will affect drag but it will not be significant.

After seeing the damage rock chips did to my car just on the 150 miles from the delivery center to my home I am sure that PPF will not hold up over the long term. The wide tires especially will need mud flaps in addition to PPF.

Lower drag is a concern but range is not the only consideration. I won't sacrifice the paint on my car just so I can go an extra few miles before charging. Just like I am not going to by $5000 rims, to save 70 lbs, when I am 50 lbs over weight.

The extended rear fenders are getting destroyed by rocks. So you have to consider how much that extra few miles are worth. Is it worth the car looking like crap in two years? I'll take the mud flaps.
I get it. The company I talked to about PPF led me to believe that PPF would actually protect the paint, even from things like vandalism. Still learning here. Until this car, I looked at scratches like badges lol.
On another note, your crack about your weight reminded me of flying gliders. Best way to increase your L/D was to lose weight. The pilot, not the plane. I laughed

I get it. The company I talked to about PPF led me to believe that PPF would actually protect the paint, even from things like vandalism. Still learning here. Until this car, I looked at scratches like badges lol.
On another note, your crack about your weight reminded me of flying gliders. Best way to increase your L/D was to lose weight. The pilot, not the plane. I laughed
Yeah I was a bicyclist for many years. I always chuckled at the people who spent an extra $3k to shave a half a pound off the bike frame, while still being 10-20 lbs. over weight.

@GrnSqrl, I am assuming the MSLR (Blk, Blk, 19") is the one sitting in the Devon lot I visited yesterday. Looking real nice...very jealous...I ordered mine 4 days after yours and somehow have a EDD that is 3 months from now....Makes no sense.
Sweet, thanks. Just got confirmation that pick up day is today, 5:00 EDT!

Hang in there, you could get an earlier date now that production seems to be flowing better!

PM me if you want to check it out after that take delivery and get it back from PPF.

I didnt want to derail the thread further. Im in support therapy to try and ignore really bad opinions. I think Im makng progress. ;)

Meanwhile MY DATES HAVE *not CHANGED FOR MY MODEL S OR MODEL 3 IN A WEEK. Im feeling lonely about that...
I am with you, 19" incher (that did not come out right) looking at two week window for a while (9/3-9/16). Stay strong.

Cant access the account page currently..

1629901865022.png

Wow, logged in this morning just to double-check everything was in order on my end (I'm a bit paranoid) and was surprised to see the original estimated delivery date of March 2022 pulled waaaay forward to October 30 - November 19!

RN1154, Order modified (I switched from black interior to white) on 8/8/21 - Black/White/CF/21's Plaid
In not so typical fashion (sarcasm), looks like Plaid white interiors will get priority. RN1154 is a late June / early July order?

Any self respecting significant other would have ordered her a LR before the price increase :)
Unless of course she is getting one of the "other" Plaid orders.
No Plaid for her, and definitely no LR as she always wants to one-up me (hence her P90D shortly after I got my P85D) so she’s waiting for the Roadster.

Luckily for me, Elon is in no hurry to make those, so I may finally have the faster car for a few years 😁