Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jebinc @Venom @lawteam @neadams99

Really happy with the install of the Radenso RC M with laser jammers. Looks discrete. Will have an opportunity tomorrow to really put it through its paces. Will plan to report back about the radar detection and laser jamming tomorrow night.
Looks very clean. I only have to question the cost of the unit and installation? I guess is you're expecting to speed quite a lot and this actually jams the radar effectively, it could be cost effective looking at the cost of several speeding tickets and insurance premium bumps? For myself, it would be cost prohibitive. Nevertheless, it is cool and looks to be professionally installed. Congrats!

I had the UHFS on my 2015 MS. I Also upgraded it to the LIght Harmonic Amp speakers with a SQ Subwoofer. It was significantly better than the original UHFS system that came with the 2015.
My Plaid sound system is better than my previously upgraded system in every way. Clearer mids/highs, volume, and bass.

I spent hours on the phone with Reus before getting my car, discussing the options to upgrade my Plaid system with them. He pretty much told me that the mids are as good as it gets and no need to upgrade them.
For $4500 they would change out the tweeters, add a center tweeter behind the mirror and add a sub.

Since taking possession of the car, I'm not sure the car needs it.
Sounds like you're quite the audiophile and even your expert A/V guy agrees that the new MS audio system is quite good. For those that think it sucks or lacks bass or whatever, geez...could you be any more nit-picky (and dare I say anal, lol)? :rolleyes:😜 It's similar when we hear about those who cancelled their MS orders after they saw one side of the hood gap was 3mm vs. the other side of the hood gap was 4mm...I mean, F' ME...no f'way...that's just too anal and crazy, imho...even for a $100k+ vehicle. Sometimes in life, you have to chill out a little and compromise. God knows how people like that can stay married, lol. 🤔o_O

My delivery eta changed from February to November.

7850BAA5-2E9D-4C69-804B-529D3F63E603.jpeg

excited and nervous at the same time.

Looks very clean. I only have to question the cost of the unit and installation? I guess is you're expecting to speed quite a lot and this actually jams the radar effectively, it could be cost effective looking at the cost of several speeding tickets and insurance premium bumps? For myself, it would be cost prohibitive. Nevertheless, it is cool and looks to be professionally installed. Congrats!
I actually included a photo of the receipt with the cost breakdown. I do plan to speed a lot and spend some time in triples alley when it’s safe to do so (no risk to passengers or other drivers). As you’re probably aware North Carolina is the home to NASCAR (plenty of drivers that like to race) so enforcement tends to be harsh. Further I live smack dab in the area of a number of race team headquarters so plenty of opportunities for the police to pass out tickets. 🤦‍♀️

I have to say... reading these comments on the sub-par (pun 😜 ) sound system is incredibly disappointing. As much as I loved other aspects of the MS, for my next car I had a few 'must-haves': 1) quick, 2) ventilated seats, 3) excellent insulation / low road noise, and 4) great sound system.

It excels at #1, checks the box for 2, and I presume once ANC is activated it'll do a decent job at 3... but for #4, when a car just shy of 100k says it has "the best listening experience at home or on the road", then I expect a very good listening experience.

I'm certainly not an audiophile, but I have put a 5.1.2 (Dolby Atmos) sound system into our home theater, and use the Sonos 5 into my home office, and I love the clarity, balance, and nuance these systems produce... I didn't expect Tesla to actually beat (or even match) these listening experiences... but I do expect that they would come pretty close. C'mon, Tesla!

As subjective as audio is to strangers on the internet, I would not get on Tesla until you hear for your self the system and then judge. Sub-par is in the ear of the beholder. There are people who also like the system.

@jebinc @Venom @lawteam @neadams99

Really happy with the install of the Radenso RC M with laser jammers. Looks discreet. Will have an opportunity tomorrow to really put it through its paces. Will plan to report back about the radar detection and laser jamming tomorrow night.
Looks great. Any chance they took pics to show where they went through the firewall?

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21 inch wheels. Kansas city, Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. 7/26 I started showing 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10
8/11 showed 8/25-9/1
8/12 showed 10/16-11/5
8/13 showed 8/27-9/7
8/14 showed 8/28-9/7
8/15 showed 8/29-9/7
8/16 showed 8/30-9/7
8/17 showed 8/31-9/7

8/18 at 7am showed 8/31-9/3 with VIN
8/18 at 9am showed 8/28-9/4 with VIN
8/18 at 11am shows 8/27-9/3 with VIN
VIN is 5YJSA1E50MF440XXX

Noon 8/18 I called and asked "since I have the VIN should I go ahead and figure out my financing with the bank" the rep at the Tesla dealership said that "it looks like we will receive the car 8/31 or 9/1 and we will get ahold of you to schedule a pick up 9/2 or 9/3.

8/19-8/23 EDD showed a range of 8/28-9/3.

8/24-8/27 the EDD changed to 9/1-9/7

8/28-8/30 the EDD changed to 8/30-9/3

I went ahead and called yesterday, 8/30, afternoon and asked if the car would actually be in, he checked and said the car will be in 9/1 and available for pick up 9/2.

8/31(today) EDD shows 9/2 at 11am!!!!

I have the charger installed and all weather floor mats being delivered today. Am I missing anything else?
Solar Panels

I have had premium systems in cars before (Meridian in Rover being best) and the Tesla sounds great to me. I maybe I am just getting old and both my hearing and standards are getting worse...
Put in Dark Side of the Moon. That album hits everything you need to hit to judge the quality.

For the love of god. Please don’t put mud flaps on that car. “Head slap emoji”

😀
There's a few threads dedicated to the best solution for keeping the rear fenders protected from the daily sand blasting of the front tires.

I was going to wait to see if carbon fiber low-profile flaps looked on the refresh, but currently I'm holding out as I can't bear the idea. Going to see how long my full Xpel PPF lasts in various areas as a "test run".