Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RE: Laser Jammer - AL-P ordered:
ALP-Configure AL Priority System Configurator
CPU (Main Control Unit & Wired Controller): CPU with HiFi Wired Controller & External Speaker - $449.95
How Many Front Laser Sensors: 2 Regular + 1 TX Sensor - $999.85
Do you want to add Rear Laser Sensors: None
Bluetooth: Yes - $129.95
Need Extension Cables for the Rear Laser Sensors? : No
Add Radar Antenna Package (Requires HiFi or BT): No
Add GPS Antenna (Required for new ALP Systems): Yes - $59.95
$1,653.00 with shipping​

+ ~ $500.00 installation at local shop, so about $2,153.00 total including installation. Thank you guys for letting everyone know about this; as recommended, I called AL just to confirm the best configuration and what's required. 👍 :cool: @KZ-CLT & @impastu
So, no radar detector, just laser jamming?

I got home late yesterday. I left the building at 5:30, but a coworker stopped me in the parking lot. He wanted to check out the car, so we went for a quick spin. When we got back, I parked in front to let him out. Another person walked out and wanted to see the car. Before I knew it, about 8 people were around the car. I demonstrated the suspension, sound effects, opened the frunk and took the rear cover off. It was 6:30 before they all left. As I was closing everything up, someone else came out and also wanted to go for a ride. I think there will be a lot of Tesla's at my work in the near on the straight section, I bring the car to a full stop, and then punch it.
Within about 4 months of when I got my P100D, 2 friends at work got Tesla’s. Now my father is on board and my sister has a Tesla on order. I’m confident within a few more months, at least 2 more (friends/family) will be buying Tesla’s.
Don’t forget to give them your referral code lol.

Hmmm just downloaded 2021.32 with ‘suspension improvements’ and definitely feels more stable in the turns. Also feels a bit quicker/smoother under full acceleration from a full stop, with better tire contact. Anyone else seeing (feeling) this?
YES, I thought it was in my head, re quicker/smoother acceleration - It seems like they tweaked the Traction Control Algorithm. Others?

In the USA, it depends on which of the 50 states you are in at the time of the violation. In Virginia, for example, 20mph over the speed limit can result in a Reckless Driving charge:

RECKLESS DRIVING IN VIRGINIA​

• In Virginia, reckless driving occurs when you (i) exceed the posted speed limit by 20 miles per hour or more, or (ii) you exceed 80 miles per hour, regardless of the posted speed limit.

• Virginia Code 46.2-862 makes reckless driving a class 1 misdemeanor. It’s a serious criminal offense.

• Potential penalties include six DMV points, a fine of $2,500, a jail sentence of 12 months, and a license suspension of up to six months.

However, I've learned over the years, that being charged with reckless vs being charged with a lesser speeding ticket, is up to the discretion of the officer, with another factor being how you react when being stopped. Higher chance of getting charged with reckless if you have your music up loud, camera phone aimed in the face of the cop, and generally speaking, behaving in a belligerent/less than cooperative manner. If (like me) you pull over to a safe spot, turn the car off, music off, have the drivers window already down, both hands on top of the steering wheel, and simply do as told and act respectfully? Higher chance of not getting the reckless ticket, especially if your act wasnt aggregious (ie, doing 160 mph in a 25), but say doing 76mph in a 55mph empty interstate.
Yep- I know that law all too well. Another neat thing about Virginia, if the DMV has you on a restricted license already (points) but the judge decides to take your license for the min (10 days) that you receive no points which means the DMV cannot take your license. Found that out the hard way, but it was 25 years ago so may be different now.

Hmmm just downloaded 2021.32 with ‘suspension improvements’ and definitely feels more stable in the turns. Also feels a bit quicker/smoother under full acceleration from a full stop, with better tire contact. Anyone else seeing (feeling) this?
My software updated to 2021.32.5 yesterday. Last night driving, I thought I felt a difference but I wasn’t sure if it was just in my head.

In the USA, it depends on which of the 50 states you are in at the time of the violation. In Virginia, for example, 20mph over the speed limit can result in a Reckless Driving charge:

RECKLESS DRIVING IN VIRGINIA​

• In Virginia, reckless driving occurs when you (i) exceed the posted speed limit by 20 miles per hour or more, or (ii) you exceed 80 miles per hour, regardless of the posted speed limit.

• Virginia Code 46.2-862 makes reckless driving a class 1 misdemeanor. It’s a serious criminal offense.

• Potential penalties include six DMV points, a fine of $2,500, a jail sentence of 12 months, and a license suspension of up to six months.

However, I've learned over the years, that being charged with reckless vs being charged with a lesser speeding ticket, is up to the discretion of the officer, with another factor being how you react when being stopped. Higher chance of getting charged with reckless if you have your music up loud, camera phone aimed in the face of the cop, and generally speaking, behaving in a belligerent/less than cooperative manner. If (like me) you pull over to a safe spot, turn the car off, music off, have the drivers window already down, both hands on top of the steering wheel, and simply do as told and act respectfully? Higher chance of not getting the reckless ticket, especially if your act wasnt aggregious (ie, doing 160 mph in a 25), but say doing 76mph in a 55mph empty interstate.

I’m pretty sure DE and VA have the strictest driving punishments in the country.
TX and NJ are the most lenient.

The rest of day one, and day two of driving my car to work:

I got home late yesterday. I left the building at 5:30, but a coworker stopped me in the parking lot. He wanted to check out the car, so we went for a quick spin. When we got back, I parked in front to let him out. Another person walked out and wanted to see the car. Before I knew it, about 8 people were around the car. I demonstrated the suspension, sound effects, opened the frunk and took the rear cover off. It was 6:30 before they all left. As I was closing everything up, someone else came out and also wanted to go for a ride. I think there will be a lot of Tesla's at my work in the near future.

When I finally got home last night, I sat on the couch with my wife and dogs, thinking about the Tesla. I asked my wife if she would like to go sit in the car to mess with some of the options. She jumped at the opportunity. We spent the next hour messing with the audio controls, driver profiles, and sound effects. It was a lot of fun just sitting in the garage.

This morning, as I left for work, I noticed the seats were covered in the white dog hair that was stuck to our shirts. I realized black interior with a white dog is going to be trouble. Now I am in the market for a decent hand vac.

The drive in was just as fun as the previous day. I'm really starting to lean on the voice commands for audio streaming. I spent the whole trip trying to think of songs I haven't heard in awhile, and then sending Tesla out into the web to bring it to me. It did not disappoint. I love how each time I ask for a song, it tries to theme the next song based on that selection. I spent time using the left scroll wheel to click through the next selection, to see what else I might like. What I did not know is all of my requests are stored and displayed. I would get in trouble later tonight, when my wife frantically closed my audio app, so my 10 year old daughter did not see "She Loves My C@%& by Jackyl". Oops.

Word was starting to spread throughout the building from the test drives I gave the previous day. Several times I tried to get through the halls, only to be stopped by someone who heard about my car. While talking to them, someone who rode with me would stop to try and describe just how ridiculous the car is.

I ended up giving three more rides today. There is a stretch of straight road two streets over, so I show them the basics before we start, take them down the street, and with no traffic on the straight section, I bring the car to a full stop, and then punch it. It only lasts a few seconds, because by then I am pushing 70. I brake back to 40, and then punch it at 40 just to show how violently it accelerates even while driving. Most of the descriptions I get involve references to roller coasters, how it's the fastest thing they have ever experienced, and how they feel the acceleration in their gut.

I planned on the ride home being my last until Friday, because we are under a flash flood warning for the next two days. I decided I would get a few accelerations in, if I get the chance at a light, but other than that, I'll just flow with traffic. I hit a red light about a mile from work. There was a nice looking Audi behind me. That Audi would prove to be the most eventful part of my whole day.

The light turned green and I punched it. I pushed it to 50 and then released the accelerator back to 45. The Audi went hard as well, but also dropped off at 45 about 200 feet behind me. This road has been heavily patrolled with radar traps for months. This is a tourist town in the summer, so everyone knows to watch it on this stretch. A few miles later, traffic bunches up. The Audi has been behind me in the other lane up until now. There is a space of about one car length between me and the car ahead of me in the Audi lane. The Audi sped up and cut in front of me, with just a few feet of separation. That made me angry.

I beeped my horn. One because I was upset, and two to save the Teslacam footage. I completely forgot about my demo rides, so I got even more irritated when my horn finished off by playing La Cucaracha. I promised myself to turn that crap off, to avoid future embarrassments on the road. I'm laughing about it while typing this, but in the moment, it was humiliating.

The Audi slowed down and got beside me. It was two little *sugar* teen-ager boys, driving their daddy's RS 7. They spent the rest of that road just eyeballing me in the next lane. They turned off onto a side road eventually, and I continued to the freeway. There is only one way out of this section of town, the freeway I was heading to. What I did not know was they were planning to jump on that freeway an exit early.

As I merged onto the freeway, there they were, about 1500 feet behind me. There was no other traffic. They came up behind me at a fairly brisk pace, and then slowed as they approached. Right before they reached me, I saw there suspension shift and they pulled into the other lane to blow by me. I hit the throttle. Even though they started accelerating first, they never reached my front bumper, and lost ground fast. I slowed as we approached traffic. They pulled beside me and flipped me off, then took an exit. I hit the horn again to save the footage.

Never before have I been driving a car that is capable of shutting down anyone else looking to prove a point. I called my wife to tell her what just happened. I said I need to get this footage. Maybe I can put it on this forum, maybe even send it to Wham Bam Teslacam as my first submission. I can take the footage of them cutting me off, and then add that to the freeway footage. I couldn't wait to see them fading away in my side camera.

I got into the garage, put the vehicle in park, and pulled up the dashcam viewer. Man was this going to be awesome. That's when I found out my dashcam was not saving footage...

I had a bunch of corrupted files that were not viewable, but nothing saved from this day. I spent the next hour trying to figure it out. One thing I found, is even though I know I turned on horn beep for save feature, it was off again. Also, the Tesla SSD would not save anything. I set up my 500GB SSD, the one I should have set up last week. I verified it can record, and also with the horn. Hopefully, next time I will be ready.

All told, it was a very exciting day. Tonight we all went out for dinner, just because I needed an excuse to drive again. I saved a few dashcam files on the drive. I did one launch at a light, and wouldn't you know it, the file is missing two minutes of footage right where the launch happens. I'm guessing the force of the launch pulled on the cord. I'll investigate that more this weekend. Now to get through the next two days without driving the Tesla. I think this car may become my newest addiction. I guess there could be worse ones. :cool:
All those test drives!
"Distance from work - 5 miles, 5% use state of charge expected"
"Actual miles - 25 (with demos) - 5% state of charge left"
I enjoyed the read, but the worst of it was both "messing arounds" with your wife in that car involved tesla options. Sigh...then again, I'm married and my wife wouldn't even be interested in the options, so dead stop there for me...

I’m pretty sure DE and VA have the strictest driving punishments in the country.
TX and NJ are the most lenient.
I got my first speeding ticket while on my way to my honeymoon in Virginia. I was 21 years old. The road kept switching between 45 and 55 MPH. I was tagged by a trooper coming the other way, while doing 53 in a 45. I had "just married" plastered all over the windows, and junk hanging from the back bumper. I showed him my military orders, and explained I was due to report to Tucson Arizona in 2 weeks. He said "Well, if you can't make it to court, I guess you'll just have to pay the fine." I was handed the ticket and he left. I like to think that bitter man had miserable life.

CPU (Main Control Unit & Wired Controller): CPU with HiFi Wired Controller & External Speaker - $449.95
$1,653.00 with shipping​

+ ~ $500.00 installation at local shop, so about $2,153.00 total including installation. Thank you guys for letting everyone know about this; as recommended, I called AL just to confirm the best configuration and what's required. 👍 :cool: @KZ-CLT & @impastu
What are you doing for the radar detector portion? Dont recall if you had one already.. If not, the NetRadar add on to the ALP is very good. It is mounted behind the front bumper on mine (so not visible) and works great.

Does anyone want this Plaid before I cancel the order?

CB87E8D5-B416-4C99-A251-9CEDA5CE3AC2.png

61AC9818-321E-4E0D-B473-0A21E688B719.png

I ran into my first Tesla malfunction just now. I left the car home today, but logged into the app to check on it. It was still at 51%, even though it should have been charged to 90% by 7:30 this morning. The app still said it was scheduled to charge at 7:30 this morning. Also, the update cycle didn't happen at the bottom of the app screen, even though all the data was showing as new. I tried resetting the app. I also noticed the Tesla Charger icon was missing, and it just showed a cord sticking out of the Tesla, leading to nowhere.

I tried to turn on climate control, just to see if I had control of the vehicle. The A/C turned on and temp began dropping, but when I tried to turn it off it failed to do so. I called my wife, and asked her to go to the garage. The car would not recognize her phone, so she had to go get her card. She called me and told me the screen was off and she could not get it to turn on. I got her to do soft reset. The screen returned and everything was functional again, except my wall charger icon is still missing from the app. The car is charging properly, but I wonder if all of this was caused by the software update.

$1,653.00 with shipping​

I had that on my P85D, did not use wired controller and speaker, the ALP connect module was the way I went, you will hear it via your phone from bluetooth package and app, also nothing showing in your car. Also had a StiR radar detector added on, not sure it thats an option now.

I ran into my first Tesla malfunction just now. I left the car home today, but logged into the app to check on it. It was still at 51%, even though it should have been charged to 90% by 7:30 this morning. The app still said it was scheduled to charge at 7:30 this morning. Also, the update cycle didn't happen at the bottom of the app screen, even though all the data was showing as new. I tried resetting the app. I also noticed the Tesla Charger icon was missing, and it just showed a cord sticking out of the Tesla, leading to nowhere.

I tried to turn on climate control, just to see if I had control of the vehicle. The A/C turned on and temp began dropping, but when I tried to turn it off it failed to do so. I called my wife, and asked her to go to the garage. The car would not recognize her phone, so she had to go get her card. She called me and told me the screen was off and she could not get it to turn on. I got her to do soft reset. The screen returned and everything was functional again, except my wall charger icon is still missing from the app. The car is charging properly, but I wonder if all of this was caused by the software update.
Been reading that the new version of the app is a bit wonky. Couple that with the in-car software issues and I bet that is the source of your issues. Especially since your wife had issues even getting the screen to turn on.

The rest of day one, and day two of driving my car to work:

I got home late yesterday. I left the building at 5:30, but a coworker stopped me in the parking lot. He wanted to check out the car, so we went for a quick spin. When we got back, I parked in front to let him out. Another person walked out and wanted to see the car. Before I knew it, about 8 people were around the car. I demonstrated the suspension, sound effects, opened the frunk and took the rear cover off. It was 6:30 before they all left. As I was closing everything up, someone else came out and also wanted to go for a ride. I think there will be a lot of Tesla's at my work in the near future.

When I finally got home last night, I sat on the couch with my wife and dogs, thinking about the Tesla. I asked my wife if she would like to go sit in the car to mess with some of the options. She jumped at the opportunity. We spent the next hour messing with the audio controls, driver profiles, and sound effects. It was a lot of fun just sitting in the garage.

This morning, as I left for work, I noticed the seats were covered in the white dog hair that was stuck to our shirts. I realized black interior with a white dog is going to be trouble. Now I am in the market for a decent hand vac.

The drive in was just as fun as the previous day. I'm really starting to lean on the voice commands for audio streaming. I spent the whole trip trying to think of songs I haven't heard in awhile, and then sending Tesla out into the web to bring it to me. It did not disappoint. I love how each time I ask for a song, it tries to theme the next song based on that selection. I spent time using the left scroll wheel to click through the next selection, to see what else I might like. What I did not know is all of my requests are stored and displayed. I would get in trouble later tonight, when my wife frantically closed my audio app, so my 10 year old daughter did not see "She Loves My C@%& by Jackyl". Oops.

Word was starting to spread throughout the building from the test drives I gave the previous day. Several times I tried to get through the halls, only to be stopped by someone who heard about my car. While talking to them, someone who rode with me would stop to try and describe just how ridiculous the car is.

I ended up giving three more rides today. There is a stretch of straight road two streets over, so I show them the basics before we start, take them down the street, and with no traffic on the straight section, I bring the car to a full stop, and then punch it. It only lasts a few seconds, because by then I am pushing 70. I brake back to 40, and then punch it at 40 just to show how violently it accelerates even while driving. Most of the descriptions I get involve references to roller coasters, how it's the fastest thing they have ever experienced, and how they feel the acceleration in their gut.

I planned on the ride home being my last until Friday, because we are under a flash flood warning for the next two days. I decided I would get a few accelerations in, if I get the chance at a light, but other than that, I'll just flow with traffic. I hit a red light about a mile from work. There was a nice looking Audi behind me. That Audi would prove to be the most eventful part of my whole day.

The light turned green and I punched it. I pushed it to 50 and then released the accelerator back to 45. The Audi went hard as well, but also dropped off at 45 about 200 feet behind me. This road has been heavily patrolled with radar traps for months. This is a tourist town in the summer, so everyone knows to watch it on this stretch. A few miles later, traffic bunches up. The Audi has been behind me in the other lane up until now. There is a space of about one car length between me and the car ahead of me in the Audi lane. The Audi sped up and cut in front of me, with just a few feet of separation. That made me angry.

I beeped my horn. One because I was upset, and two to save the Teslacam footage. I completely forgot about my demo rides, so I got even more irritated when my horn finished off by playing La Cucaracha. I promised myself to turn that crap off, to avoid future embarrassments on the road. I'm laughing about it while typing this, but in the moment, it was humiliating.

The Audi slowed down and got beside me. It was two little *sugar* teen-ager boys, driving their daddy's RS 7. They spent the rest of that road just eyeballing me in the next lane. They turned off onto a side road eventually, and I continued to the freeway. There is only one way out of this section of town, the freeway I was heading to. What I did not know was they were planning to jump on that freeway an exit early.

As I merged onto the freeway, there they were, about 1500 feet behind me. There was no other traffic. They came up behind me at a fairly brisk pace, and then slowed as they approached. Right before they reached me, I saw there suspension shift and they pulled into the other lane to blow by me. I hit the throttle. Even though they started accelerating first, they never reached my front bumper, and lost ground fast. I slowed as we approached traffic. They pulled beside me and flipped me off, then took an exit. I hit the horn again to save the footage.

Never before have I been driving a car that is capable of shutting down anyone else looking to prove a point. I called my wife to tell her what just happened. I said I need to get this footage. Maybe I can put it on this forum, maybe even send it to Wham Bam Teslacam as my first submission. I can take the footage of them cutting me off, and then add that to the freeway footage. I couldn't wait to see them fading away in my side camera.

I got into the garage, put the vehicle in park, and pulled up the dashcam viewer. Man was this going to be awesome. That's when I found out my dashcam was not saving footage...

I had a bunch of corrupted files that were not viewable, but nothing saved from this day. I spent the next hour trying to figure it out. One thing I found, is even though I know I turned on horn beep for save feature, it was off again. Also, the Tesla SSD would not save anything. I set up my 500GB SSD, the one I should have set up last week. I verified it can record, and also with the horn. Hopefully, next time I will be ready.

All told, it was a very exciting day. Tonight we all went out for dinner, just because I needed an excuse to drive again. I saved a few dashcam files on the drive. I did one launch at a light, and wouldn't you know it, the file is missing two minutes of footage right where the launch happens. I'm guessing the force of the launch pulled on the cord. I'll investigate that more this weekend. Now to get through the next two days without driving the Tesla. I think this car may become my newest addiction. I guess there could be worse ones. :cool:
I loved this post the best. I had to laugh when the silver spoon kids pulled up next to you and flipped you off. I had to wonder, if you had mud flaps on that car, would they have laughed instead? 😀

Please keep your stories coming at least until I take delivery?

I'd try a hard boot. Something got confused and that seems to repair most glitches. Been on TMC for years and the most common assumption is that all perceived problems are due to new firmware updates.