Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I tell it to set ride height to "high" when reaching that location, then selecting the prompt to remember it. Will it automatically go back to "low" when i leave that location?
Yes. As long as you have your default ride height set to low. Otherwise it will go to standard.

btw - um, I'm not mad at all. I just have better things to do after I get my MS Plaid (and all is well with the vehicle I hope) than hang around here posting on TMC. No offense to others on here who already have their MS Plaids/LRs but perhaps you all don't have much else to do? Don't know. But if you've noticed, I can count more than a dozen fellows that were on here posting daily back in Feb and March and April and even May and June...who are no longer active on TMC....because they already took delivery of their MS Plaids/LRs (or canceled their orders?) and have no reason to spend time on here. That's a simple fact. Other people like, ahem, I can name a few, who have already taken delivery and driving around in their MS Plaids or LRs...it's like dude, wft are you still here? Do you not have a life? LOL. 🤔 😜 So, I'm not mad at all and while your post was silly and tongue-in-cheek, it's inaccurate.

Having the car should not make a difference in if you have a life or not. Your position is sad.

I am one that has had a June delivery and "does not have a life" so I spend all of about 10 minutes or so a day looking. I am on here still for a few reasons:
1) Share knowledge/experience I gained from other here to those still waiting
2) Can learn of new items or issues that I would not find out about from Tesla
3) Camaraderie. Most of my posts are smart ass and do not add to anyone but I enjoy it. I think I have made a few friends along the way.

Why wait for your car?

We got our Tesla! After waiting 10 months, we picked it up in Ft. Myers. Car was in perfect condition (as far as we can tell) and the delivery team did a great job getting it ready for delivery. And, as everyone says, all the drama of waiting goes away when you walk out, get in the car and drive away.

Three random thoughts. 1) if you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
2) After you take possession, and download the app, the manual is not available. Manual for S & X are on the car only. Understand that is because there are always updates and manual is constantly revising. We downloaded the manual a few weeks ago and have found it useful to browse the basic info & features. 3) Not excited about the look of the wheels.
.View attachment 707125View attachment 707126
.View attachment 707123
Congratulations!!! So glad you finally got it!! Hope to see you driving around SW Florida

We got our Tesla! After waiting 10 months, we picked it up in Ft. Myers. Car was in perfect condition (as far as we can tell) and the delivery team did a great job getting it ready for delivery. And, as everyone says, all the drama of waiting goes away when you walk out, get in the car and drive away.

Three random thoughts. 1) if you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
2) After you take possession, and download the app, the manual is not available. Manual for S & X are on the car only. Understand that is because there are always updates and manual is constantly revising. We downloaded the manual a few weeks ago and have found it useful to browse the basic info & features. 3) Not excited about the look of the wheels.
.View attachment 707125View attachment 707126
.View attachment 707123
Have to agree about the stock 19" wheels. I ordered these 19" set from @SignatureWheel for my winter tires...
0823-15.JPG

Took delivery of my Plaid yesterday.

Specs​

Model S Plaid
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Tempest Wheels
Basic Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Pay Per Use Supercharging
CF Interior
Black Leather Seats

I used the "list" provided by MarcG. The only things I found were:
Worm/vein in yoke airbag cover (Very Slight, almost not noticeable)
Windshield/rear/side windows glass distortion (Rear window has distortion on the bottom drivers side). I don't think anybody will do anything about this.
One not on the list was the trunk would not close (and latch). It wouldn't latch when automatically closing the trunk. Service adjusted the "stops" and the trunk would close and latch when the trunk close button was pressed.
And the big one. The Plaid came with "Summer P Zero tires". This was noted and I need to contact Tesla in October and they will replace the tires with the All Seasons that the car was supposed to come with. As I live in the North East, it only makes sense to have All Seasons on the car.

Regarding my questions from before, I am not entitled to any $2000 rebate (that might have been on FSD from a couple of years ago). And my SA told me today that in 7 to 10 days a buddy and I will get the 1000 free supercharger miles.

Last but not least, this car is awesome. Still trying to learn about the features. People I have taken for a ride love it and one person who I let drive it wants one now.

VIN 5YJSA1E66MF439XXX Ordered as a Plaid Plus the day after battery day and converted to Plaid in June.
Are they swapping your summer tires for all seasons at no charge?

Seems to be lots of confusion on this, some folks who got this were told it was a one-off and not happening for everyone. I've got summer tires coming on my LR (pickup this Monday), which I'm not wild about either (also in the northeast).

Wow, I hit a nerve. When you start insulting someone's intelligence, you've lost the argument.

I'll dumb it down for you too:

One pedal driving is decelerating or accelerating using one pedal. Coming to a complete stop is an enhancement to this process. I guess in your world, every time someone improves upon an existing concept, they are now the creator of said concept.

The original poster said Tesla is a leader for using one pedal driving. ALL of their cars have it as a default function. They have been doing it since 2008. Telling the original poster they are wrong, because BMW added to the concept, makes you wrong.

Did that help? If not, go back and read as it may have confused you.
Semantics. You are the one despreately trying to "win" this argument. Here, I can find a link to support my argument as well:

What IS 'one-pedal driving' in an electric car?
Have a hard time understanding the value of this debate...

Are they swapping your summer tires for all seasons at no charge?

Seems to be lots of confusion on this, some folks who got this were told it was a one-off and not happening for everyone. I've got summer tires coming on my LR (pickup this Monday), which I'm not wild about either (also in the northeast).
Mt. Kisco SC rep (where you will take delivery) told me that they are receiving only summer tires on all MSs

If it existed long before Tesla, why are you trying so hard to give credit to BMW?

It sounds like you are taking something Tesla gets credit for, one pedal driving, and then saying BMW is the true innovator because they "supposedly" improved upon the idea.

I don't think everyone "copied" Tesla. But clearly Tesla was first with one pedal driving (2008). Saying an improved version of that negates their timeline is just silly.

If we want to get really silly, we can go back to 1830 to figure out who really did what first. Or, you can just admit you are wrong here and move on.
How are you not a lawyer? 😂

btw - um, I'm not mad at all. I just have better things to do after I get my MS Plaid (and all is well with the vehicle I hope) than hang around here posting on TMC. No offense to others on here who already have their MS Plaids/LRs but perhaps you all don't have much else to do? Don't know. But if you've noticed, I can count more than a dozen fellows that were on here posting daily back in Feb and March and April and even May and June...who are no longer active on TMC....because they already took delivery of their MS Plaids/LRs (or canceled their orders?) and have no reason to spend time on here. That's a simple fact. Other people like, ahem, I can name a few, who have already taken delivery and driving around in their MS Plaids or LRs...it's like dude, wft are you still here? Do you not have a life? LOL. 🤔 😜 So, I'm not mad at all and while your post was silly and tongue-in-cheek, it's inaccurate.
Being new to EVs and Tesla, I will assuredly be on here after I finally get my S. There are way too many OTA updates and other functions which differ wildly from ICE vehicles. It will help me to hear about such updates or other functionality from experienced folks. Maybe we'll all start using the greater forum, as opposed to only posting here? 😂

Question on PFF/Ceramic timing… I am picking up Saturday…. Have a last minute schedule open up on Monday to get it in for PPF and Ceramic…. My question is… should I wait until after inspection and make sure nothing significant needs work before applying PPF (in case service has to tear it off to do something) ? Or cross my fingers it will be perfect.. Thoughts ?

Question on PFF/Ceramic timing… I am picking up Saturday…. Have a last minute schedule open up on Monday to get it in for PPF and Ceramic…. My question is… should I wait until after inspection and make sure nothing significant needs work before applying PPF (in case service has to tear it off to do something) ? Or cross my fingers it will be perfect.. Thoughts ?
You should know anything that is cosmetically wrong with it that would prevent you from keeping your PPF appointment on Saturday.... or the PPF shop will let you know Monday.

IMO, and what I will be doing is, book it in for PPF as soon as you can after delivery, but delay it if there's any bodywork that needs fixing, till after that work is done.

First post, but been reading the threads for a few months. Beginning of Aug I ordered a MS LR. Delivery was set for Dec/Jan. Then on 9/4 contacted my SC and spoke to a SA and changed to a plaid and opted for the carbon trim. Now today my acct has a VIN and EDD at the end of this week. IS that even possible, or did I just get lucky? Midnight gray, 21" Beige, carbon, FSD build. Feels like I totally jumped a very long line. Live in Connecticut delivery will be in NY as CT wont let you buy direct from Tesla.
Same thing happened with us, we got matched just two weeks after placing the order.. However at inspection, it was clear why. We walked away from the car. Back in line. Car had an awful paint job and many interior issues.