Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it's safe to keep the ride height in low all the time? I love how the car feels in low, but just worried it'll scrape the ground or something. Perhaps a better question would be - when is it not safe to keep the ride height in low?

Currently I always hit raise suspension before a big dip, like when entering a parking lot.
I've never had any issues with low setting. Even at low its still relatively high and clears every dip/speed bump

If you want to be extra safe just drive slow over bumps/dips.

I can't even get the gimmick non-beta-beta tester features to work LOL. I don't know if it has anything to do with the car not updating to the latest software or what.

View attachment 708671

View attachment 708673

View attachment 708674
View attachment 708680

The owners manual still crashes the car too LOL
I submitted a service request to push the damn update. I paid 10k, take delivery and can’t use the normal FSD feature. Kinda pissed honestly. Anyone getting FSD should absolutely get latest maps. These maps are from November 2020. And won’t allow any FSD features. I almost ran a red light not realizing it was just cruise control. That’s on me but wtf.

I thought I saw you out working in your yard. It is okay to swim naked but can you please put on a towel when you get out to go get the mail?

I would, but I can't afford one (peasant mobile, remember?). Do you have a square to spare?

Oh and my apologies to your wife.

I know it's not an excuse, but I did grow up in the jungle. Out there, we are all naked. Clothes get you killed!

The whole car is right in front of a spoiler yet the spoiler makes a huge impact 🤔🤔

Don’t know. What I do know is after I added the 4 mud flaps to my Jag I-Pace EV, the max battery range wasn’t affected one bit. I would assume the same would hold true for the MS Plaid. Maybe we should ask a couple TMC members who already have (home made / modified) mud flaps on their MS?

I would, but I can't afford one (peasant mobile, remember?). Do you have a square to spare?

Oh and my apologies to your wife.

I know it's not an excuse, but I did grow up in the jungle. Out there, we are all naked. Clothes get you killed!

No apologies needed to the wife - she got a good chuckle out of it.

@widodh : I am sorry for the way this thread has turned out. I have posted nothing but on-topic posts. I am only one man and can only do so much.
I've done my part to keep things on topic.

1631503739883.png

Respectfully, would you mind elaborating?
@AnselmDante means that like most air suspension setups that have adjustable ride height, the Low setting may have the least natural comfort. Now, suspension stiffness set to "Comfort" would offset this, but just something to note. One more thing: There is like a curve to the comfort. So if you go too high, the same may occur. They don't stay up above like 15 mph for the Very High setting, and 35 mph for the High setting, so it doesn't really matter if you put it up there. :) They usually like to be in the Normal, or Low setting though.

Last edited:
Wonder if you should reach out to someone at Tesla or put in for a service request? Lol! Don’t know but at least maybe swing by your local Service Ctr to ask them about it? Maybe you just need a s/w update?

I figure FSD won’t be available until at least the end of the year at best but more like next year…maybe…or the year after that…maybe? IDK. I’m really thinking this Tesla MS Plaid will be my first AND last Tesla. Hoping that Lucid comes out swinging and has good reliability and makes some decent improvements over the next few years!
I put in a software ticket and they closed it out saying everything is fine and that I have the latest software available lol, despite the manual listing a newer version number 😅😅

Here’s a video of the owners manual crashing the display on 2021.24.4

I’m about as impressed with the service after purchase as I was while waiting 🤔

Also for those who did not get FSD, don’t bother, huge waste of money as of now, only provides useful features to select people who get the beta of the beta. THE only way it would be worth getting now is if the price went up again later AND one day it became useful (which from the sound of it many people have been holding their breath for years)

I put in a software ticket and they closed it out saying everything is fine and that I have the latest software available lol, despite the manual listing a newer version number 😅😅

Here’s a video of the owners manual crashing the display on 2021.24.4

I’m about as impressed with the service after purchase as I was while waiting 🤔

Also for those who did not get FSD, don’t bother, huge waste of money as of now, only provides useful features to select people who get the beta of the beta. THE only way it would be worth getting now is if the price went up again later AND one day it became useful (which from the sound of it many people have been holding their breath for years)
NICE MUSIC LOL. JAMIN'!🤣

Attachments

• what-is-love-jamming.gif
    what-is-love-jamming.gif
    675.7 KB · Views: 29