Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally everything in a Tesla is and will always be beta. Yoke? In beta. Ventilated seats? In beta. Stereo system? In beta.

I mean I guess if you put "beta" next to it, technically it's ok if it doesn't work, isn't that the point?
FSD is in beta, and the alpha testers get to use it while beta users just pay $10k to fund the project. And Elon gets to use pre-alpha.

FSD is in beta, and the alpha testers get to use it while beta users just pay $10k to fund the project. And Elon gets to use pre-alpha.
I'm confused by the numbers...
Supposedly the new FSD Beta 10 is the 2021.24.5 update -- but a lot of us refreshers are at 2021.32.5. Did we just get jumped over?

Hey there @lurker131, nice to see you on this thread again! :)
Got Contessa back from the shop (finally!) and after a couple thousand miles later, realize I missed y'all and especially your endless positivity!!

Wasn't surprised to see the wood trim humor still running on page three-thousand-and-more. hehehe

Got Contessa back from the shop (finally!) and after a couple thousand miles later, realize I missed y'all and especially your endless positivity!!

Wasn't surprised to see the wood trim humor still running on page three-thousand-and-more. hehehe
Well, welcome back! I'm spreading positivity as usual! Hoping you will stick around on the thread, as you often added to those jokes too lol! :)

And oh yeah, even better then the wood jokes was the hilarity at the top of page 3378 lol! Go check it out if you have time.

Last edited:
I'm confused by the numbers...
Supposedly the new FSD Beta 10 is the 2021.24.5 update -- but a lot of us refreshers are at 2021.32.5. Did we just get jumped over?
Honestly none of it makes any sense, or works. I have a brand new $100k car that’s missing features, sugar doesn’t work, 75% of sugar is beta, even the damn owners manual doesn’t work to see what broken features that are there and how to use them 😅😅

Well, welcome back! I'm spreading positivity as usual! Hoping you will stick around on the thread, as you often added to those jokes too lol! :)

And oh yeah, even better then the wood jokes was the hilarity at the top of page 3387 lol! Go check it out if you have time
3387 - back to the future??

Honestly none of it makes any sense, or works. I have a brand new $100k car that’s missing features, sugar doesn’t work, 75% of sugar is beta, even the damn owners manual doesn’t work to see what broken features that are there and how to use them 😅😅
I have to add, the car does drive in forward and reverse so that’s a big positive.

I'm just relieved he's not complaining about the yoke.
We all know that sugar is beta as hell lol, no need to even mention it. I really don’t mind it though, it works. Is it different than round steering wheels with functioning stocks that have been proven to work for many years? Sure. But it still works just fine.
Man what in the hell are they putting in the water down there in Florida?!😂
I’m trying to be positive like @2021plaid but it’s so damn hard when the customer service sucked while waiting, and everyone said it’ll be worth it, but then you get the car and it’s some beta infested prototype that only does one thing right, which is really what the car is supposed to do, drive in forward and reverse.

3686C907-F7F3-4ABE-B69F-BCF8F65C005F.png

This sugar manual says 2021.32 but this Tesla cat tells me my 2021.24 is the latest software. Unreal.

We all know that sugar is beta as hell lol, no need to even mention it. I really don’t mind it though, it works. Is it different than round steering wheels with functioning stocks that have been proven to work for many years? Sure. But it still works just fine.

I’m trying to be positive like @2021plaid but it’s so damn hard when the customer service sucked while waiting, and everyone said it’ll be worth it, but then you get the car and it’s some beta infested prototype that only does one thing right, which is really what the car is supposed to do, drive in forward and reverse.
@Ramphex Well…. My Plaid has, on several occasions, wanted to drive forward into a wall, when I was wanting to reverse out of my garage. That damn “Auto gear select” feature is alpha/beta as well, sooooooo…..

I can't even get the gimmick non-beta-beta tester features to work LOL. I don't know if it has anything to do with the car not updating to the latest software or what.

View attachment 708671

View attachment 708673

View attachment 708674
View attachment 708680

The owners manual still crashes the car too LOL
I submitted a service request on this. As you can see from my pics I am on 2021.32.5 and my maps worked fine for NoA and traffic light control until I recalibrated my cameras on Friday. No NoA and no traffic light control since then. Hopefully they can force update the maps for me.

IMG_5842D.jpeg

IMG_5836D.jpeg

Just confirming the car will raise automatically on rough roads by itself--not sure how/why it decides to do this.
Well the how is pretty easy AFAIK. It's not only an air suspension, but it's also an adaptive one. I know of systems that wait for one wheel to hit something, and then adjust the other wheels, and there are also ones that preemptively scan the road with cameras for bumps, and adjust the suspension as needed. If I had to guess, being a Tesla, it probably does the second option.
So using that same tech, they can likely also see the severity of the bumps, as well as the potential resulting discomfort of the passengers, and potential of bottoming out, and adjust accordingly.
The why is mainly for comfort reasons.😄

@Ramphex Well…. My Plaid has, on several occasions, wanted to drive forward into a wall, when I was wanting to reverse out of my garage. That damn “Auto gear select” feature is alpha/beta as well, sooooooo…..
Yea I don’t even bother turning that on, gimmick feature that’ll never have 100% practicality.

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
I submitted a service request on this. As you can see from my pics I am on 2021.32.5 and my maps worked fine for NoA and traffic light control until I recalibrated my cameras on Friday. No NoA and no traffic light control since then. Hopefully they can force update the maps for me.

View attachment 708722

View attachment 708723
Interesting to see that you have a newer software but still the same stale 2020.48.12628 maps as me

94849915-D803-4737-B32E-EB0CA893B00F.jpeg