Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the hard reset could be another option. The hardest possible reset you can do is to physically unplug the 12v battery, but that's rather extreme, so this is one notch below that. IIRC, you power off the vehicle from the "Power Off" button under "Safety and Security." REALLY important that all doors and windows are closed, and that you don't touch, or open anything. AT ALL. No pushing pedals, nothing. Then, after around 2 minutes, you can start to open the vehicle again, and that should initiate it again I believe.
I'd want to bring a crowbar with me just in case! ;)

Well the hard reset could be another option. The hardest possible reset you can do is to physically unplug the 12v battery, but that's rather extreme, so this is one notch below that. IIRC, you power off the vehicle from the "Power Off" button under "Safety and Security." REALLY important that all doors and windows are closed, and that you don't touch, or open anything. AT ALL. No pushing pedals, nothing. Then, after around 2 minutes, you can start to open the vehicle again, and that should initiate it again I believe.

Ok, I am curious now. What happens if I open or touch anything or doing any of the taboo items?

Yeah my service guy said the same thing until I gave him another members details to look up their car (on 2021.32.10) and he was shocked. He was so damn sure that I was on the latest version as well…

View attachment 708728
32.10 finally pushed out today, let's see if it fixes anything
So what happens if you're driving and a reset happens. Do you lose any driving functions temporarily? Honest Tesla newb question.
Driving? No. It only affects infotainment (music, nav, etc) really, even the AC stays on. Plus the manual "shift" buttons light up below the phone chargers in case you need to "change gears"

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No bueno! tried all tricks on that page but no audio 😿
Ok, well I'm not sure what else can be done then.....I mean, you could try the really hard reset by unplugging the 12v, but I don't recommend that at all, unless you are really careful. Screw up that polarity and you're ****ed. So there are 2 main options, try and reach out to a technical support person or an SA; or just wait for the next update. If this is a big problem, then Tesla will likely be releasing another update soon to remedy it. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
I have 2021.11.102 also. Just got the car a few days ago. However, there's a YouTube from a few weeks ago that shows updates with 2021.24.3 that includes on-screen viewer and a few other options. (
). I would love to see my FSD option come back. I had it on Day 1 then it disappeared on Day 2. WTF Elon??????
four minutes ago I got a “software available“ notice.

dreams do come true.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ok, well I'm not sure what else can be done then.....I mean, you could try the really hard reset by unplugging the 12v, but I don't recommend that at all, unless you are really careful. Screw up that polarity and you're ****ed. So there are 2 main options, try and reach out to a technical support person or an SA; or just wait for the next update. If this is a big problem, then Tesla will likely be releasing another update soon to remedy it. :)
One more tip is to change the wheel configuration that forces a hard reset sometimes that fixes the issue. You can change it back afterwards. Try it out.

Newbie Q. Do we get a J1772 converter with S or should I order it separately?

Also are the floor mats that come with S any good or should I order all weather ones from Tesla's website? (*I am hearing that many a not getting floor mats. Dont know how that looks like.)
You still get a J1772 and a standard US outlet 120V mobile charger. No 240V NEMA adapters.

Mats in my opinion are fine, unless you want / wanted all weather mats. The "no mat at delivery" is temporary and Tesla will fulfill them. In two weeks. #ElonTime