Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am enjoying this circus

agree 100%

Ansel and Tiger are just dissapointed because the LR is slower from the redlight then a Model S Performance.

My perspective is everyone should buy what they desire not my business. What i dont like is judging other poeple like why are people buying Plaids etc. i know deep inside you guys want a Plaid but you will never admit.

Excuse me. I never said I wanted a Plaid and cry to myself every night because I didn't get one, thank you!

The Plaid has cool talking points, 99.9999999% of all people who buy it will never need them other than to sound cool at some country club. I value range over performance. If I were gonna blow $150k on a car, well I'd just wait for the Roadster which has both (it also looks cooler and more unique). ;)

Elon is dead wrong on this. It is only worth what people are willing to pay. He quoted FSD being worth $100K , but who would pay for that? If Tesla beats everyone to FSD, without any competition on the horizon, they can definitely charge more, but not more than the car itself.

I'm pretty sure his marketing team would break out their bell curve of profitability and find out that selling FSD for $100,000 is not the best approach. Especially because there is no hardware investment and a lot of the data was provided by people paying to help.
I doubt this generation will be worth a lot because it's going to be "beta" for the foreseeable future. However, it's like video cards for Bitcoin mining. I bought one for $1,350 and play games on it occasionally. When I'm not using it I am mining because who want's a $1,350 video card just collecting dust when it can make $10 per day for $0.90 in power. One year later, I have $3,000 cash in my bank account and have spent about $300 on power for a $3,000-300=$2,700 annual passive income profit. The card is probably currently worth $2,000 on the used market so it has appreciated. When they were impossible to get in stock it was worth about $3,500 used. This is what will happen if you are allowed to send your car out to do pick-up and drop off with no intervention. If I buy a car for $50k but have to pay 100k for FSD, if the car makes 50k per year in passive income it's only a two year payback. They can increase the price of FSD to reduce the demand for it to ensure the market does not get saturated.

There is a real chance FSD can be sold as a revenue generator for a lot of money even if it's a huge adder for a "commercial version" that does automated pickup-drop off.

Last edited:
Same here. As I've said before, the major difference appears to be on the street.:)
@2021plaid Good morning, bro!

I would say the main differences between the two wheel-sets are;

1. Looks/Cool factor (21s)
2. Comfort (19s)
3. Range/efficiency (19s)
4. Cost (19s - 19s are $4500 less than 21s; and tires are less expensive to replace on 19s)

YOMV; where "O" is "Opinions" ;)

2. Comfort (19s)
4. Cost (19s - 19s $4500 less than 21s; and tires are less expensive to replace on 19s)

YOMV, where "O" is "Opinions" ;)
Good morning to you! 😄
I would also add:
1) Handling and grip improvements with a smaller sidewall. (21s)
2) Quieter ride with the 21s as documented by members here. (21s)
3) Street performance with the better tires. (21s)
All of your 19 inch points are completely valid.:)

I'm actually kinda neutral on the 19s vs 21s, as ideally, the ZeroGs would be the wheel for me, as they will be lighter, smaller (better range), and wider, with more grip and performance. The real sweet spot IMO.

I ordered a LR because the plaid did not offer anywhere near 40k worth of value over the LR for me
The acceleration is nice, but I learned from the last time I upgraded a standard model to a performance, the fun wears out.
The carbon fiber trim is nice but the dark wood in my opinion looks better, more classy.
The carbon fiber spoiler is a must! It completes the car and worst case scenario it’ll cost me 1500 bucks for an OEM or 200 for an aftermarket one.

Tesla did a terrible job at differentiating the 2 trims, I’m sure they would have sold more plaids if they offered more.

Good morning to you! 😄
I would also add:
1) Handling and grip improvements with a smaller sidewall. (21s)
2) Quieter ride with the 21s as documented by members here. (21s)
3) Street performance with the better tires. (21s)
All of your 19 inch points are completely valid.:)

Ideally, the ZeroGs would be the wheel for me, as they will be lighter, smaller (better range), and wider, with more grip and performance. The real sweet spot IMO.
@2021plaid I agree with all, except #2. First, it's not logical that 21s, with hardly any sidewall, would be "quieter" than 19s (both tires has foam, I think), and second, I think there was only one TMC member who has both cars and reported that. In their unique one off case, the difference could have had a bad 19' tire, or something else that caused his 19" equipped car to seem a bit more noisy, no? So, I would say there isn't enough facts and data to support #2, like there is on all other points.

2. Comfort (19s)
4. Cost (19s - 19s are $4500 less than 21s; and tires are less expensive to replace on 19s)

YOMV; where "O" is "Opinions" ;)
From my personal experience, I would say the 21's are quieter than the 19's with less road noise.

@2021plaid I agree with all, except #2. First, it's not logical that 21s, with hardly any sidewall, would be "noisier" than 19s (both tires has foam, I think), and second, I think there was only one TMC member who has both cars and reported that. In their unique one off case, the difference could have had a bad 19' tire, or something else that caused his 19" equipped car to seem a bit more noisy, no? So, I would say there isn't enough facts and data to support #2, like there is on all other points.
Nah, even @lolachampcar admits that something is going on with the 21s, as his smaller aftermarket wheels made more noise. In the EPC, the 21s are apparently like $7,500. I bet this is due to some trickery with noise cancelling wheels/tires like Lexus does with its bigger wheels and tire options. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I think @lolachampcar actually posted a photo of the inside of the 21 inch tire, and it some special foam in there if IIRC. You would have to ask him more about that though.

Nah, even @lolachampcar admits that something is going on with the 21s, as his smaller aftermarket wheels made more noise. In the EPC, the 21s are apparently like $7,500. I bet this is due to some trickery with noise cancelling wheels/tires like Lexus does with its bigger wheels and tire options. Would surprise me at all. I think @lolachampcar actually posted a photo of the inside of the 21 inch tire, and it some special foam in there if IIRC. You would have to ask him more about that though.
@2021plaid Still sounds inconclusive on point #2, and I don't think you can compare stock 21s with aftermarket rims and tires. Many of the tires folks are putting on those smaller (and lighter) aftermarket rims do not have the sound deadening foam. Anyways, moving on!

@2021plaid Still sounds inconclusive on point #2, and I don't think you can compare stock 21s with aftermarket rims and tires. Many of the tires folks are putting on those smaller (and lighter) aftermarket rims do not have the sound deadening foam. Anyways, moving on!
Well I would ask him about it anyways, as he did do a teardown of sorts on the 21s IIRC.😀😁

Reactions: impastu