Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! It would still require the pressing of both pedals, but it would be more purposeful then. Or automatically prep it when D/S Mode is pressed, so there's no error message.
Exactly. It would just make the car acknowledge that next time you're double pedalling, you're trying to launch

Exactly. It would just make the car acknowledge that next time you're double pedalling, you're trying to launch
Yup! Launch Mode has dramatically improved over the years from that weird sequence with the brake and accelerator, so they may do some more updates later. TBH, it's not too bad as of now, but it can still be a little irritable sometimes, especially in rushed situations.

Off topic, but what are your thoughts on these wheels? Apparently the lightest wheels available for the Model S:

Meh, especially for almost 2x the cost of the lightweight forged Signature wheels (with much nicer designs imho). https://www.signaturewheel.com/products

Was that with the 20" Signature's?

I haven't heard of Michaelin Cup 2 tires before, are they better than the pilot 4s?
Yes! SV104s I believe. IIRC it was 20 by 10.5 inches in front, and 20 by 11 inches in the rear. 305s in the rear, 285s up front.

They are insane, once they have heat in them. The Cup 2/Cup 2R is really a street legal racing slick. Not the best for the road, as they start to chunk up and don't really last too long, but they are the best possible tires for the track IMHO. In all other cases though, I would mount PS4S' to these wheels, as they are way more road friendly, and can be usably quicker to 60, as they don't have to be as warmed up as much.

Yes! SV104s I believe. IIRC it was 20 by 10.5 inches in front, and 20 by 11 inches in the rear. 305s in the rear, 285s up front.

They are insane, once they have heat in them. The Cup 2/Cup 2R is really a street legal racing slick. Not the best for the road, as they start to chunk up and don't really last too long, but they are the best possible tires for the track IMHO. In all other cases though, I would mount PS4S' to these wheels, as they are way more road friendly, and can be usably quicker to 60, as they don't have to be as warmed up as much.
Did he talk about having any issues with the wider tires in the front? (+20)

Reactions: impastu

Awesome. If I got Signatures 19s should it still be 19 by 10.5 inches in front and 19 by 11 in rear?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wasn't impressed with the 0 - 60 times i've seen with signature wheels. I haven't seen any 19" signatures doing 0 - 60, but I saw the 20" Signature's were doing the same as the stock 19s
Seems like you would need to rip out all the seats for a significant weight savings to see better 1/4 mi runs. Honestly, to me at least, it’s not about running 1/4 mi or 0-60mph at the track because the MS Plaid blows EVERYTHING away, even 100% bone stock with stock wheels and 1-5 people inside the car! 😳

Yes, one reason why I bought the lightweight forged Signature wheels is because of the unsprung weight reduction (thinking it would be a touch quicker) but mostly, it was because I liked the look of the wheels better than oem stock Arachnids or the Tempest wheels and wanted my MS Plaid to be a little different than most others. 😎

So it would seem that changing out the wheels to reduce each corner by 10-12lb or whatever makes virtually no difference in performance at least in terms of how quick the car is. It could help with performance in terms of cornering and handling though; that’s a little more difficult to capture data on though. 🤔

@ssv22 It's a joke, and the joke is on us! Pretty lame that the pedestrian high volume MY cars are automated/motorized and the $150K "top of the line" model is manual.... Aside from the Plaid's "Plaid" acceleration, there are numerous things better in my new MYP than the Plaid (e.g., audio system, lay flat rear seats, panel gaps, UI, came with flaps and rear door PPF, and the list goes on...)

View attachment 711440
Add to that the lack of ANC and on top of that, the latest update took away my audio completely.

Picked up the vehicle today. The Saturday delivery was delayed due to some shipping damage on the front fascia. Super minor stuff during my inspection. Used the mega list and the extra stuff on the front page of the thread.
- Nearly imperceptible gap differences on the fascia between right and left.
- Looked like sealant or glue fingerprints on the new fascia.
- Some minor paint blemishes on the fascia, like rubbed areas.
- Passenger side frunk seal misaligned by maybe 1/4"
- Passenger side film in front of rear tire not properly applied. (a few tiny bubbles)
- Some kind of flashing on the inside of the driver side rear fender inside of the wheel. (barely noticeable)

Everything else was top notch. The car is so damn beautiful it gives me butterflies. Removed the hubcaps almost immediately.

I love the regen braking. Basically single pedal if you drive with some basic planning skills.
I have no issue with the yoke (yet). Sharp slow speed turns seems like handing one corner of the yoke to the other hand. What is the problem?
Did not use the right buttons but like the turn signals.

The car is stupid, in a good way. For my wife, half pedal in sport from a 20 roll is about all she wants to deal with.
Took my oldest, just bought a 550 hp Viper last month, and gave him the plaid treatment from 20 to 80/100 a couple of times. (Mind blown)
Now to get the 20" forged units on there. PPF and tint.

Let's Go!!!

Attachments

• 20210919_101114[1].jpg
    20210919_101114[1].jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210919_145415[1].jpg
    20210919_145415[1].jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 57