Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I've seen many people brake pretty much all the way down; maybe try like 75% to 95%?

I feel like unless it's all the way down almost at full force, it doesn't engage, and sometimes even then I get the warning.
Agreed. Does pressing the brake down 100% (touching the floor) damage the brake?

Pretty much the only way to do it. If you look at McLaren, Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, even Kia, etc... they all have similar Launch Modes. Some, like the McLarens, make you wait till boost is optimized, so it's kinda like the Cheetah Stance.
But we're not brake boosting in the EV :D

Lesson learned? First reported case of buyers remorse?
@lbowroom Not overly.... I really love the Plaid, sort of, especially the acceleration and air/adaptive suspension. Had the M3YP been a 2.5s car with a similar suspension, that would have been the one for me. Don't get me wrong, I grin from ear-to-ear when driving the Plaid, but mildly disappointed with Tesla that the older mainstream cars have features that the newest pinnacle model does not. While I haven't sat in the MY's passenger's seat and listened to the audio, I can say from the driver's seat, it's (the MYP) far far superior to my Plaid in the same seat. @WilliamG

Actually, you are. Launch preloads/pretorques the motors with about 50KW. It does that when the suspension lowers, and if you look at the energy output gauge on the bottom of the gauge cluster, you can see it go up juuuust a little.
Interesting. Well then maybe do a bit tuning on the extreme brake mashing just to get a warning and have to mash again lol

Interesting. Well then maybe do a bit tuning on the extreme brake mashing just to get a warning and have to mash again lol
That I agree with for sure. Maybe require a little less pressure, or a "Launch" button on the screen so the car knows what you are doing, and immediately gives you Launch Mode vs. giving you an error.
mashing just to get a warning and have to mash again lol
Whooooweee boi that's a good one for jokes too lol!

That I agree with for sure. Maybe require a little less pressure, or a "Launch" button on the screen so the car knows what you are doing, and immediately gives you Launch Mode vs. giving you an error.

Whooooweee boi that's a good one for jokes too lol!
I like the launch mode button idea