Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check with your SA. My SA told me that I can easily be placed in the que for a Jan 2022 EDD (w/o price changes) if my EDD rolls up and I need to do so. I may do this to avoid the paying of taxes next April (for my stock sale to pay for car). What's another month after this long??
Tip: do NOT sell shares of TSLA to actually buy a Tesla.

It'll be the most expensive car you'll ever buy if you do that . . . .

Instead, just take out an auto loan from any of the many CU's that offer rock bottom interest rates on Teslas; there's a thread here with a daily-update spreadsheet IIRC.

824D0FC8-E92D-49B4-B107-0955A9FCFBB4.jpeg
picked it up yesterday. Love it so far. Going to drop off for orange wrap and tint in a few days. only two problems but otherwise it’s fine with me. Trunk does not always latch and passenger door needs to be brought up a bit as it just hits the rocker. I do have the worm in the air bag but seriously it’s not even noticeable if it was not pointed out to me.

View attachment 724141picked it up yesterday. Love it so far. Going to drop off for orange wrap and tint in a few days. only two problems but otherwise it’s fine with me. Trunk does not always latch and passenger door needs to be brought up a bit as it just hits the rocker. I do have the worm in the air bag but seriously it’s not even noticeable if it was not pointed out to me.
Hot. Send proddy pix!

View attachment 724141picked it up yesterday. Love it so far. Going to drop off for orange wrap and tint in a few days. only two problems but otherwise it’s fine with me. Trunk does not always latch and passenger door needs to be brought up a bit as it just hits the rocker. I do have the worm in the air bag but seriously it’s not even noticeable if it was not pointed out to me.
Orange? But it looks so good right now. Those spider wheels are going to really stand out.

If you can wait then wait to get NF win, you already got Y and wont be driving this until next summer. If i am at your place i would wait. Rest of your choice.

I have been told by multiple sources that you can delay your delivery at no cost up to six months.

Confirm this with your SA and get it in writing.

Not sure if this applies if you have been assigned a VIN.

Have you asked them to Price Match Carvana's offer, or is Tesla being just that stupid (again) and won't do that any longer?

If so, then I'm boggled as we're in the same boat: trade-in value from Tesla on our '19 MS Perf w/8k miles is some $25k to $30k LESS than the same, or older/higher mileage MS Perf's on EV-TSLA.com. And, yes, both of our MS Perf's have the pre-paid FSD that we've been scammed with for the last four or five years now.

Elon: Tesla's trade-in values are a true insult.
Couldn’t agree with you more. Got disgusting trade in offer from Tesla on my 2015 MS85D. Sold it on line for 20k higher.

Tip: do NOT sell shares of TSLA to actually buy a Tesla.

It'll be the most expensive car you'll ever buy if you do that . . . .

Instead, just take out an auto loan from any of the many CU's that offer rock bottom interest rates on Teslas; there's a thread here with a daily-update spreadsheet IIRC.

I'll go one step further....do not sell any shares of blue chip or index funds to buy any depreciating purchases.

Note, I did not say assets. Cars are not assets unless they are making money for you...

Checking back in after a long while and forgot how much I missed reading the forum every day (but I don't miss refreshing my Tesla account daily). I'm really glad to see some who suffered as long or longer than I did waiting finally get their cars or VINs at least. As much as I complained while waiting, I am very happy now so I wish those of you still waiting luck in finally getting your cars.

Some more impressions. First, here is a quick phone pic post PPF + ceramic + powder coating the "fugly" 19" wheels gloss black. I would have changed to the 21s if Elon didn't make them $14,500 post price increase. While some here said powder coating the 19s is like putting lipstick on a pig, I now think the pig here looks mighty fine with lipstick on but my standards are probably lower than most (or I have perpetual beer goggles).

View attachment 723666

Build quality wise, overall I got pretty lucky esp. for an EOQ car. I did go in with this forum's checklist, inspected the car for 2+ hours and came away with a long list of little things that I scheduled a service appointment for. The next day in the sun, I couldn't find most of the issues again even with all the photos so cut my list down to 2 things. Also, I got all the pieces it was supposed to come with. Based on prior posts, I know I am definitely more forgiving than many here so take this with a grain of salt.

I said this before but the Yoke is fine but definitely not better. I am pretty comfortable driving one handed now (bringing back the muscle memory of driving a stick as a kid b/c Dad was too cheap to pay for an automatic which for you young ones out there used to cost extra to get). However, I had a scary moment when I had to quickly make a sharp turn b/c someone cut quickly in my path and I almost had an accident as I grabbed reflexively at air where the top of a round steering wheel would be.

The car is really fun to drive and I don't think I will ever tire of the INSTANT acceleration. I finally understand why my friends with Teslas drive in such a car sick inducing way. Roller coasters are fun and driving even my LR is crazy fast and fun. I don't have the Plaid to compare it to so can't imagine anything faster. I won't repeat all the other issues people have with stalks and turn signals (agree) and shifting (which is fine for me at least)

Good luck to everyone still waiting esp. those with white interiors. I repeat many when I say it was worth it and I got a lot of laughs on this forum.
Satin Black lipstick, I think looks pretty good on my pig....

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 50
Not really, since I'm in Europe. But would really like to hear something from Tesla. There's no info about european deliveries. We have MS LR and MX Plaid coming but no idea when🤔
Neither do many of us in the US. Have any idea. My Plaid EDD gets pushed out every other day by two days once it has past the first range date. Original order was 9/22/20.

I really don’t care any more when it comes. Just want to know when.

Last edited: