Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order for a model S LR black/black/21's on 3/30/21. The date was pushed back multiple times and currently says 11/1 to 11/29. Noticing others that ordered way after me are getting VIN numbers. What's the deal? My account profile is complete btw.

Appreciate any help
We live on the west coast. We are generally last in line when it comes to deliveries every quarter.

Whoomp! (There It Is)​

Hopefully someone smart can decipher when it starts :) The letter is dated a month ago. Looking at the previous two model year letter dates, it could be 1 Nov.

Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID

VIN shot.jpg

Last edited:
Placed my order for a model S LR black/black/21's on 3/30/21. The date was pushed back multiple times and currently says 11/1 to 11/29. Noticing others that ordered way after me are getting VIN numbers. What's the deal? My account profile is complete btw.

Appreciate any help
In addition to west coast, many deliveries are going to “next in line” RNs because the intended customer isn’t taking delivery for whatever reason. Once a car is loaded for a particular SC, isn’t unlikely to get sent anywhere else for delivery.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As I await my delivery, November 5, I started thinking those of us who placed Battery Day orders and those who placed orders for Plaid+ but decided to take a Plaid when Tesla withdrew the Plaid+ as an option should start thinking now about how we get Tesla to give us priority on orders for the Plaid+ when it is produced. I am trying to get ahead of this so that we can avoid the whining and moaning that we know will come if Tesla does not do something for those who showed confidence in Tesla while the Plaid+ was just a concept on paper.

Whoomp! (There It Is)​

Hopefully someone smart can decipher when it starts :) The letter is dated a month ago. Looking at the previous two model year letter dates, it could be 1 Nov.

Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID

View attachment 727992
A new reason keep this browser tab open waiting to see the first November production VIN to be posted while I also continue to refresh the Tesla.com page to see if I get a VIN. Oh and the Twitter search refresh for the "latest" posts on "Tesla Model S" and Google Search filtered to the last 24 hours.