Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regardless, dual chargers don't appear to be an option on a new build. The software update could be something similar to Plugshare and will now give us other charging options instead of relying on Superchargers alone.

You can't order the car with dual chargers anymore. But you can get them installed after delivery at a service center. You need to purchase it from their accessories website.

I agree. I'm expecting something to do with better planning for road trips. Tesla recently made nav standard on all new cars. So I'm expecting Tesla to update the old cars that don't have nav and give it to them for free. And then update the nav software for everyone. This would effectively cover the "entire fleet" with software updates.

My brother had his model S repaired yesterday in Ca. He was given a loaner car with a vin number in the 78xxx range. Needless to say he was surprised by that high vin number. The service center said that production rate has been swift and they are moving cars at an unprecedented pace. Nice!

sorry if this has been answered or discussed previously in this thread (tough to look through all these pages), but how soon does the car go into production after the order is confirmed? unless that's "officially" the first day of production...

what times are some of you seeing until delivery after production has started?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry if this has been answered or discussed previously in this thread (tough to look through all these pages), but how soon does the car go into production after the order is confirmed? unless that's "officially" the first day of production...

thanks

doesnt seem like i can edit my previous post but just wanted to add in that my order is to be confirmed on the 24th of march (this upcoming tuesday) with a "late april" delivery date. trying to contain my excitement and estimate when in late april it will arrive.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

doesnt seem like i can edit my previous post but just wanted to add in that my order is to be confirmed on the 24th of march (this upcoming tuesday) with a "late april" delivery date. trying to contain my excitement and estimate when in late april it will arrive.

Don't expect to see any updates on your dashboard anytime soon! My delivery is scheduled for late march and it still hasn't hit production yet! Basically, you wait a week or week and a half before your delivery time and then it'll actually hit production. Good luck with the wait!

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

If you are excited and wondering about delivery - why haven't you confirmed it yet? You can confirm today and move ahead faster in the process. by delaying confirmation, the factory is not 100% sure you want to do the order.

If you are excited and wondering about delivery - why haven't you confirmed it yet? You can confirm today and move ahead faster in the process. by delaying confirmation, the factory is not 100% sure you want to do the order.

Nico1199 might be having the same problem I did. I didn't have a "Confirm" button mytesla page. All I had after the order was "Accept Terms" in red. I clicked that thinking that I was confirming the order, but the status didn't change. It still said, "Your order is pending. It will be confirmed on March XX". The only button then was the gray "Design" button. I left it like that for a few days thinking I had confirmed until I finally called to make sure and the Tesla rep said, "No it isn't confirmed. Press your confirm button." After I told him I didn't have one, he manually confirmed it for me...so I lost about 4 days. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that my order was taken over the phone at the showroom and not by me on the computer or not. But to nico1199, if you are sure about your order and it doesn't say Order Confirmed (and you don't have the red confirm button), you should call to get it manually pushed through.

Nico1199 might be having the same problem I did. I didn't have a "Confirm" button mytesla page. All I had after the order was "Accept Terms" in red. I clicked that thinking that I was confirming the order, but the status didn't change. It still said, "Your order is pending. It will be confirmed on March XX". The only button then was the gray "Design" button. I left it like that for a few days thinking I had confirmed until I finally called to make sure and the Tesla rep said, "No it isn't confirmed. Press your confirm button." After I told him I didn't have one, he manually confirmed it for me...so I lost about 4 days. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that my order was taken over the phone at the showroom and not by me on the computer or not. But to nico1199, if you are sure about your order and it doesn't say Order Confirmed (and you don't have the red confirm button), you should call to get it manually pushed through.

JMG is right, there is no option to confirm on the my tesla page. don't think it's a browser issue also as i have logged on many times from different computers and devices. looks like you are right -- i will have to call to have it confirmed. had i known, i would have done this a couple of days ago! :)

JMG is right, there is no option to confirm on the my tesla page. don't think it's a browser issue also as i have logged on many times from different computers and devices. looks like you are right -- i will have to call to have it confirmed. had i known, i would have done this a couple of days ago! :)

You are correct, it isn't a browser issue. I tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox and none of them had the Confirm button. I would definitely call and get it confirmed and save you a few days!

Don't expect to see any updates on your dashboard anytime soon! My delivery is scheduled for late march and it still hasn't hit production yet! Basically, you wait a week or week and a half before your delivery time and then it'll actually hit production. Good luck with the wait!

Fakar, did you call your DS yet? I ordered just a couple days before you and I got into production on Tuesday.

Fakar, did you call your DS yet? I ordered just a couple days before you and I got into production on Tuesday.

Wow really? When did you confirm your order? I did contact my DS 3 or 4 days ago. He just said that everything's looking normal and it should hit production anytime for the late March delivery. I'd expect ours to be shipped in one batch since we're both in SoCal!