Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like how Tesla was kind enough to have the chairs match your car... :cool:

ha! I walked in and saw a few other cars waiting to be delivered, and then I saw mine had a bow on it and was like, aww they're so nice to have put a bow on it for my birthday, then I see a tesla employee putting a bow on the rest of the cars. psh! thought I was special for a split second. haha!

Woohoo! My car is in production! They have done a really good job sticking with the initial production estimate, I should be on target for delivery at the end of the month (the dashboard has maintained "Late March" since I finalized my order in December). To say "I can't wait" is such an understatement!

I was told by DS that mine went into production yesterday and delivery date moved up from April 17 to March 28. (This was in context of me having asked whether a switch to 85D was still possible.) It is the budget-model 85 with pano, leather, tech, air and mommy-friendly jump seats. Confirmed 1/25. VIN assigned around 2/17.

My kids can't wait to get their fingerprints on her. I'm a little scared my kids will seem even louder in its silent confines.

Are you taking delivery in Raleigh or will they be ready in Tyson's by then?
I was told by DS that mine went into production yesterday and delivery date moved up from April 17 to March 28. (This was in context of me having asked whether a switch to 85D was still possible.) It is the budget-model 85 with pano, leather, tech, air and mommy-friendly jump seats. Confirmed 1/25. VIN assigned around 2/17.

My kids can't wait to get their fingerprints on her. I'm a little scared my kids will seem even louder in its silent confines.

Woohoo! My car is in production! They have done a really good job sticking with the initial production estimate, I should be on target for delivery at the end of the month (the dashboard has maintained "Late March" since I finalized my order in December). To say "I can't wait" is such an understatement!

I see you have a Very similar configuration, and later VIN than me (74706). I'm still stuck at "in the production queue" I suspect it's due to some of the Canadian safety standards (daytime running lights etc). I'm happy for you and hope I'll see a similar message soon.

They initially told me that I could take delivery at Tyco (back in Jan). I live about halfway between RDU and Tyco and I would much prefer to drive a new car for the first time around Raleigh (since I used to live there).
Rockville, but prefer Tyco. DS says Tyco won't be ready by end of March. Something about permits, etc......

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! When did you finalize your order? There might be extra paperwork for importing the car into the country, as well. I hope you get yours on time!
I see you have a Very similar configuration, and later VIN than me (74706). I'm still stuck at "in the production queue" I suspect it's due to some of the Canadian safety standards (daytime running lights etc). I'm happy for you and hope I'll see a similar message soon.

woohoo, first post for me! i've been lurking for a while as did my homework, but since i finally pulled the trigger on an S 85 order last week, it's time to change that!

the timeline i was given for delivery is May. gosh, how will i wait that long? i'm already in the habit of reloading the page daily. that seems silly but i'm getting the sense i'm not the only one who does/has done that ;)

Thanks and congrats to you as well! I am having a HPWC installed at the house on Monday, so if you need a charge in L-burg, hit me up. They are really rolling things along on the delivery. I have to take delivery on a weekend so it could be as early as the 21st for me. My kids love Amazement Square. I love Depot Grille, so it's not unusual to find us there. Are you on FB?
awesome! My delivery date now 3/20 at Rockville. Still picking up in Raleigh? If ever in the supercharger dead zone of Cville or Shenandoah Valley, feel free to contact me if need a charge! We frequent Amazement Square with my kiddos and have many friends in Lynchburg area.

Thanks and congrats to you as well! I am having a HPWC installed at the house on Monday, so if you need a charge in L-burg, hit me up. They are really rolling things along on the delivery. I have to take delivery on a weekend so it could be as early as the 21st for me. My kids love Amazement Square. I love Depot Grille, so it's not unusual to find us there. Are you on FB?

Hah! TMC is MY facebook. :)