Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering calling the delivery center and rejecting my vin that they pushed back 10 days. They can't account for its whereabouts for two weeks. Left Birmingham two weeks ago and isn't "supposed" to get to Atlanta until today. Feels like funny business.
I called to reject the vin and was told that the lady that was short with me and had no answers is the only person that can help me. So I am waiting for a return call. When she called and told me my appt for the 18th (set 10 days earlier) would no longer work and that the 27th was the earliest they could set an appt, I asked what had happened. Here immediate response was, "so you are not willing to set an appt?" I told her I was just hoping for more details. We'll see what happens.

Producing at their volume - of course quality will increase over Tesla. But let's see how they do at scale. I am rooting for them (bought their stock) but looks too much like a grandfather's Buick.

We not my grandfather's, perhaps, but I agree about the looks.

I do like the view from the inside better than the EQS.

Anything to get rid of the MB ICE in the garage. We only need one nice EV with decent CS and service. Seems like you can't get both from Tesla anymore.

I can always rent a Tesla if I get nostalgic.

I hope Air Touring demand is low, so I have a chance at delivery in a year.

I called to reject the vin and was told that the lady that was short with me and had no answers is the only person that can help me. So I am waiting for a return call. When she called and told me my appt for the 18th (set 10 days earlier) would no longer work and that the 27th was the earliest they could set an appt, I asked what had happened. Here immediate response was, "so you are not willing to set an appt?" I told her I was just hoping for more details. We'll see what happens.

Would this be helpful?

Which is why I canceled my order for the touring. The sound system along with wheels would put it way over the model S (at the time)

I can't put a price on being treated respectfully, talking to real people when needed, and having warranty work honored. That's why I am considering a air order. Refundable after all.

I can't put a price on being treated respectfully, talking to real people when needed, and having warranty work honored. That's why I am considering a air order. Refundable after all.
Yes- and I would say when I cancelled my Air order they were good (not great) to deal with. They kept the word and refunded. But the lack of transparency on options pricing is just a deal killer.

To help this roll further away from topic... Rivian has good customer service and will be looking there next.

Tick tock tick tock

1637256798008.png

Last edited:
Would this be helpful?

I had AP1 on my Model X. It was very reliable on the highway with no phantom braking.

I registered for the Lucid forum also. It’s great to see a couple owners on the Lucid forum. I think the closest showroom is in South Florida. I’m tempted to order one also. It would be as rare as an albino peacock 🦚 .

My Model Y delivery is next week. Unfortunately, the Model Y is not a peacock.