Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering calling the delivery center and rejecting my vin that they pushed back 10 days. They can't account for its whereabouts for two weeks. Left Birmingham two weeks ago and isn't "supposed" to get to Atlanta until today. Feels like funny business.
AH yes please reject your blue/black/19" model S. Hopefully it is in their Chicago hub when you do that :D jk hopefully they find your car and everything works out

Ah just doing my morning lurking rounds. Wanted to see the first charging tests, etc... Very interested in peak charge rate along with that curve.
I just went there to look at performance numbers. They are readily available for their best case scenario, but after 10 minutes of trying to find performance numbers for different models/variants, I realized it's deliberately difficult and gave up.

I just went there to look at performance numbers. They are readily available for their best case scenario, but after 10 minutes of trying to find performance numbers for different models/variants, I realized it's deliberately difficult and gave up.
It's not actually. For some reason they didn't update the site, but the full sheet all the way down to Grand Touring is here. Just scroll down:
lucid-air-comparison-v3.jpg

Touring is 3.2 0-60.

Also, no prices on options.

They are doing 8 builds per day, got a long way to go production wise.

It's not actually. For some reason they didn't update the site, but the full sheet all the way down to Grand Touring is here. Just scroll down:
View attachment 734322
Touring is 3.2 0-60.
I see performance for two models on that sheet but they list 4 models on their web page. Hmmm.....

I see performance for two models on that sheet but they list 4 models on their web page. Hmmm.....
Didn't you see the GT too? They have DE R and DE P in there also.😄
Yeah I just think those specs on the Touring and Pure haven't been finalized yet. Those cars are due to launch next year, so we'll be getting some details soon I think.🙂

View attachment 734322
Touring is 3.2 0-60.

That's pretty impressive efficiency numbers. 263 whr / mi for the 21" wheels? I guess the Plaid is rated at 280 whr / mi, although I've been getting 330 whr / mi.

Also, 1111 HP but only 2.4s 0-60? I guess an extra 500 lbs over the plaid.

I lost interest when they said they had a tri-motor version, but they weren't selling it at launch. Maybe later...

That's pretty impressive efficiency numbers. 263 whr / mi for the 21" wheels? I guess the Plaid is rated at 280 whr / mi, although I've been getting 330 whr / mi.

I lost interest when they said they had a tri-motor version, but they weren't selling it at launch. Maybe later...
I lost interest when their CEO said they aren't a direct competitor with Tesla. EVERYONE is a direct competitor with Tesla. They are all playing catch up after Elon proved EV can mean more than just a Prius.

Well not only that but you've got to remember: the Plaid is really well set up to launch. That's like one of its main things. And the Lucid is running a 7.06:1 reduction ratio (geared low for efficiency and top end pulling power), so wheel torque will be notably lower than Plaid. But clearly has the best power curve outside of Plaid I've ever seen. A 149 mph trap car is no joke!

Well not only that but you've got to remember: the Plaid is really well set up to launch. That's like one of its main things. And the Lucid is running a 7.06:1 reduction ratio (geared low for efficiency and top end pulling power), so wheel torque will be notably lower than Plaid. But clearly has the best power curve outside of Plaid I've ever seen. A 149 mph trap car is no joke!
True. They can make more power with a 118 kWh battery easily, without stressing the cells as much. Tesla is pushing those 18650s hard, over 8C discharge, 818 kW out of a ~99 kwhr battery. Hopefully we don't see early battery degradation or failures.

I'm interested to see how fast the Plaid can charge once we get v4 superchargers! The model 3 manages 250 kW, with only a 96S battery and 80 kwhr. The Plaid is 110S, so at 250 kW, it's pulling 13% less current already. So, if the current was the limit, the plaid should easily be able to charge 13% more than 250 kW. If the cells are the limit, then with a 25% larger battery, it should be able to do 25% kW, or 312 kW.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
True. They can make more power with a 118 kWh battery easily, without stressing the cells as much. Tesla is pushing those 18650s hard, over 8C discharge, 818 kW out of a ~99 kwhr battery. Hopefully we don't see early battery degradation or failures.

I'm interested to see how fast the Plaid can charge once we get v4 superchargers! The model 3 manages 250 kW, with only a 96S battery and 80 kwhr. The Plaid is 110S, so at 250 kW, it's pulling 13% less current already. So, if the current was the limit, the plaid should easily be able to charge 13% more than 250 kW. If the cells are the limit, then with a 25% larger battery, it should be able to do 25% kW, or 312 kW.
I'm excited for that too! I think 350kW is doable for sure. These batteries are brand new, and are going to be in the S and X for a long time, so I bet Tesla has built in that capability already.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and impastu
I'm excited for that too! I think 350kW is doable for sure. These batteries are brand new, and are going to be in the S and X for a long time, so I bet Tesla has built in that capability already.
Though, unless they update the charging curve, 350 kW may not make much difference, since it is already below 250 kW by 34% SoC now: