Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crickets came early tonight. This place is dead!

4EF3F06F-89E5-46DE-8D8F-9F66C301F2D4.gif

So, what would you all say the non white interior Plaid lead time from order to delivery is these days? So few reported orders and deliveries here lately.

My opinions...

Orders...folks are waiting until after EOY to ensure the former denizens of the dusty lots are cleared out, and the pipelines are full of NF's

Deliveries... impacted by the software update and holiday.

Quite a bit of activity in the LR delivery thread. Lack of serious problem reports is encouraging.

Myself, firmly on the fence. LR, plaid, or keep the nose cone, all are possible.

I have it on good sources, those being the hamsters on the wheel in my head sending me night tremors about edd’s and elons december plan. I order white and the white plaid 19 or 21’s are still showing to ship Dec 21. There has to be a shite ton of base configuration of the MSLR with white ext., blk interior and 19’s so all they gotta do is push these out the door with all the other white plaid’s and quota for quarter completely satisfied. Additionally, all the “cheap” pre-price increase orders are off the books for the S and q1 2022 will be nothing but high volume higher cost vehicles. It’s a win win for tesla to get the pre increase customers fulfilled and then start dedicating the next quarter to a much more profitable albeit slightly lower production output volume. My delivery date range for my RN11516 is Dec 11-Dec31. Not only do I believe there’s not chance in heck i’ll be waiting past that, I have a feeling it will now be happening closer to mid month than not at all. I’m s/w of chicago and would have to figure two weeks to travel and 3 days to prep so to get it by Dec 17 Friday, pre holiday, I most certainly should expect a vin by, oh, December 1. Updates to be continued but I’m staying confident here. December 17 is a nice whole number too. It will be exactly 6 months from order to delivery. I say bring on the next 3 weeks, it’s all making perfect sense now.

Picking up tomorrow. Did a little recon and found the car tonight. Two items looking for some insight.

1) Rear drivers side window is not all the way up and has the code “AL” marked on the window.

2) Windshield has FC marked on the windshield in the upper drivers side corner.

Both concern me as my current plan is to go right to the the PPF and tint shop.

Everything else looks pretty good. Couldn’t get a great look in limited light tonight.

I have it on good sources, those being the hamsters on the wheel in my head sending me night tremors about edd’s and elons december plan. I order white and the white plaid 19 or 21’s are still showing to ship Dec 21. There has to be a shite ton of base configuration of the MSLR with white ext., blk interior and 19’s so all they gotta do is push these out the door with all the other white plaid’s and quota for quarter completely satisfied. Additionally, all the “cheap” pre-price increase orders are off the books for the S and q1 2022 will be nothing but high volume higher cost vehicles. It’s a win win for tesla to get the pre increase customers fulfilled and then start dedicating the next quarter to a much more profitable albeit slightly lower production output volume. My delivery date range for my RN11516 is Dec 11-Dec31. Not only do I believe there’s not chance in heck i’ll be waiting past that, I have a feeling it will now be happening closer to mid month than not at all. I’m s/w of chicago and would have to figure two weeks to travel and 3 days to prep so to get it by Dec 17 Friday, pre holiday, I most certainly should expect a vin by, oh, December 1. Updates to be continued but I’m staying confident here. December 17 is a nice whole number too. It will be exactly 6 months from order to delivery. I say bring on the next 3 weeks, it’s all making perfect sense now.

Former Downers Grove resident here...

I know it is hard to wait, but there are battery day folks going on over a year. Not that this will happen to you, but why the rush?

Let's say you get the car more or less the last week of Dec. All is perfect, except for crowds, and getting the bums rush to accept the car. You miss one thing, and the SvC is booked out a month.

Wouldn't it be better to wait a bit, and be ensured of a '22 car? Maybe even one without missing floor mats and such...hate to use a car in the winter there without mats...

There are so few reports of 2022 LR/Plaid deliveries. I'm curious how the build quality is now, as compared to this past summer when that long list of issues checklist was prepared and posted (see link below). Has build quality improved? For those who used this checklist on a 2022 delivery, what issues still exist? What new issues are there? @WilliamG

mega-consolidated-delivery-quality-issues-thread-and-checklist.236802
I just looked at five of them today and what definitely stuck out is door alignment, pun intended. Every one had some issue. Either high low alignment from trim to trim on the panels or in/out alignment at the front quarter panel. The front of the cars looked fairly well done. The trunk areas also had alignment issues but not as much as the doors. All dirty so hard to see the paint.

mine came by train, should have been 2 weeks to travel, but born on 11/8, won't arrive till 12/1, maybe delivery now 12/3. transportation delays are real. :(