Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was also built on the 10th ... we must have gotten the special sauce :) Love the Red too ... now my wife says we have 2 cars that look alike .. geeze
Today while enquiring about my spare tire got to know that my car was built on Nov 15th.. (VIN was assigned very next day). Dropping my car tomorrow for remaining PPF and ceramic, pick-up in two days. I was waiting for my carbon fiber spolier which will take 2-3 weeks, so I decided to do go ahead with the remaining PPF. Detailer will leave space for the spoiler and said they can use your car's cut out shape.

The survey came. The survey was answered.

What I wrote... Ratings are in the attachment. Wonder if anyone actually reads these.

Communication communication communication. Even if it's bad news. Communication is the key. After ordering in March, I learned that these cars weren't even in production, but should have been before end of March, then delayed till June before cars even started coming off the line. Finally a random email in September saying sorry we're delayed. Totally understand delays, it does seem new orders are getting more realistic initial delivery estimates. Tesla Advisors are unaware of issues with production, give them the tools to help. The car is fantastic (aside from the heat and A/C not working at delivery), the wait was terrible, not because of the wait, but having to tailor plans around unreliable estimates. Will I buy another Tesla, probably... Next time maybe do like you did for the Cyber truck page, let people know production is paused. Don't force hard credit checks for financing over and over again with no real delivery in sight. Almost 9 months after order, super excited it's in my garage. Local delivery team was solid. Answered any questions I had. My advisor, didn't have any answers during the wait. Hope someone actually reads these.
There wasn't a personal note from EM at the end "GFY"?

@jebinc with all due respect, it is unfathomable that the transition to NF will miraculously resolve the vibration issue.
Not a NF cut off, per say, just a random newer VIN cut off point to see if this is largely an earlier vin issue, or not. I suppose I could have asked, “anyone with a VIN greater than 458 have the vibration?”

Not a NF cut off, per say, just a random newer VIN cut off point to see if this is largely an earlier vin issue, or not. I suppose I could have asked, “anyone with a VIN greater than 458 have the vibration?”
how about, anyone with an owner not @jebinc have the vibration?

JK...very frustrating I know. Perennial discussions with wife w/r/t our X "idiosyncracies"

I feel like you are looking for a lost dog or something. Like we should put your request on milk cartons.

My model S was delivered yesterday. It is almost flawless. There was one missing piece that is on order. Everything went very smoothly.
The fellow that delivered the car was very personable. He was instructing a trainee as he delivered my car to me. The first fellow has worked for Tesla for four months and that is very telling.
Tesla has a great product that is getting better. They have grown incredibly fast. And despite the fact that they employ very intelligent people they have no depth. And that results in problems of competence in all areas of customer service that fill the pages of this blog.

how about, anyone with an owner not @jebinc have the vibration?

JK...very frustrating I know. Perennial discussions with wife w/r/t our X "idiosyncracies"
Kinda feels like this… 🤣

3285035F-DC24-446F-9DFE-4A0050FA1A0B.gif

My model S was delivered yesterday. It is almost flawless. There was one missing piece that is on order. Everything went very smoothly.
The fellow that delivered the car was very personable. He was instructing a trainee as he delivered my car to me. The first fellow has worked for Tesla for four months and that is very telling.
Tesla has a great product that is getting better. They have grown incredibly fast. And despite the fact that they employ very intelligent people they have no depth. And that results in problems of competence in all areas of customer service that fill the pages of this blog.

Which Store? Costa Mesa? I need to find a better place.