Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hopefully this will mean CCS2 plugs in European markets (at last)
That should hopefully be the case, given that there is a new larger charge inlet for the new taillights that was seen in the parts catalog when it was first updated.

1639158649728.png

That black bar is held on by tape essentially so I’m less concerned about that than I am a new hatch.

What is behind the bar? Would it looks good if you removed it? I assumed the hatch was new, but maybe not.

Looks like there are some clips or something behind it

1639158778628.png

I don't think the new taillights will fit. At least it will require more than just the taillights. You'll need a new charge port, too. And probably a new busbar going from the charge port to the battery. The charge port will sit a little further back in the vehicle in order to accommodate CCS (for Europe).

Likely for the China market, similar to all the improvements made there on the 3/Y models, not yet rolling out here.
Guys the Plaid isn't due in China until next quarter lol. The reason why 3 and Y get changes in China first is because GigaShanghai is designed by Tesla from the ground up, and it's easier to make changes there. S and X are built at Fremont, so there's no reason to do this.

Cybertruck on the test track!!!!!
5:42 mark

i couldn't spot it - tried about 5 times. i did see a ton of white interiors at the logistics lot at 6:22 or so - however i saw a bunch of wheels and stalks - i can't really differentiate the models, other than the X having the gaps on the roof.
hopeful, lots and lots of activity at the logistics lot!
Still, I thought i'd have a VIN by now.

i couldn't spot it - tried about 5 times. i did see a ton of white interiors at the logistics lot at 6:22 or so - however i saw a bunch of wheels and stalks - i can't really differentiate the models, other than the X having the gaps on the roof.
hopeful, lots and lots of activity at the logistics lot!
Still, I thought i'd have a VIN by now.
Ok try this one then lol. You'll see it just fine lol!

Why? It's testing at Fremont already, and I *think* I some other Model S in the lot without the taillight bar.

It is on one vehicle on the track. We do not know it is being tested for anything. They also had a wing on a car but that does not make it inevitable,

I am routing for new lights and do think that they will update the lights at some point in the next two weeks...