Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update here. When I spoke to the Tesla rep, he mentioned the Tesla I was getting was am October build. I just checked the VIN assigned to me now and it is a MF430. Correct me if I am wrong but that is an early refresh S from back in May correct and there were problems.......so this car could be a Fremont back lot car that has been reworked 6+ months
I believe carfax reports only come from insurance claims. MF430 was very early. I’d pass if you can wait.

Hey guys, new here and been lurking for a few weeks. Got a call from Tesla today and they said there is a car that matched me but had repair work done. No accident or structural damage. But 12K of repair. Mainly paint and remove and assembly in order to paint. Would you guys take it? I feel that it went through quality check and now should have less issues. The guy said the repair might show up on Carfax. But it doesn’t make sense since it wasn’t in an accident.
I was offered a similar car, I wonder if it is the same one. Plaid, MSM, black interior? In any case, even with a 4k discount I decided to pass.

Until I see it on my car it is just Capricorn One.

Strange thing. Picked up my phone to see the download in progress. It is installing now.

1640317465038.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I believe carfax reports only come from insurance claims. MF430 was very early. I’d pass if you can wait.
I called Tesla tonight and the rep I spoke to said the car was made Oct and that VIN numbers are not sequential and that MF430 does not mean May. Not sure what to believe cuz with Tesla the story always changes :) He also made a strong push for me to take delivery in 72 hours in my driveway and pay with plaid :)

I called Tesla tonight and the rep I spoke to said the car was made Oct and that VIN numbers are not sequential and that MF430 does not mean May. Not sure what to believe cuz with Tesla the story always changes :) He also made a strong push for me to take delivery in 72 hours in my driveway and pay with plaid :)
Complete BS.

Have him send you a picture of the tire pressure sticker in the driver's door jamb. (It should have the production month/year printed on it.)
Will do. Now I am starting to think that the car "started" production in may but didn't "finish" till oct due to it being so messed up or parts shortages or all the peeps on this thread turning down the car prior. I am probably sloppy 4th or fifth at this point.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid