Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s the guy…I’m hoping he brings my update.
If you have an iPhone, you can try this: Check for a new version of the Tesla app in the Apple app store. Download it, and start it up. When I did this, it triggered the software update immediately. (Not sure if coincidence, but it worked for someone else, too.)

Last edited:
1640324663013.jpeg

I called Tesla tonight and the rep I spoke to said the car was made Oct and that VIN numbers are not sequential and that MF430 does not mean May. Not sure what to believe cuz with Tesla the story always changes :) He also made a strong push for me to take delivery in 72 hours in my driveway and pay with plaid :)
The “born on” date is a later gate from the VIN birth. The car could have been assembled in May but put aside prior to the end of production (born on date) due to any number of issues which were finally cleared up recently, hence the later born on date. My experience is that this means there was a mess up on the line that took time to fix, or some final QC failure (if you believe that they have QC).

As part of the Holiday update, “Passenger Play” will now be locked while your car is in motion.

Anyone take new refresh with larger side repeater cameras through carwash with brushes? Issues?

Need it bad and weather too cold to hand wash. Brushless ones does pooey job.
You take a Tesla with the infamous soft paint though a Car Wash! Next thing you'll tell us you drive it in the rain. The horror...

Hey everyone. Just got a call from Tesla that they found a match for me today as I am in my current delivery window. It is a 2021 Oct build but there's a catch. It sounds like some pre-delivery cosmetic repairs were done and they are taking an additional $3k off my price (ordered in May pre price hikes). Could be car was damaged while offloading from trailer or a customer decline? Also not clear if such repairs will turn up on carfax. Presume that any vin match today still means I can decline at delivery if the car doesn't look right. Anyone else get similar phone calls this week?
I think we all pretty much share the same sentiment here. I don't know your situation so I can't judge, but we're talking about roughly a 3% savings for who knows what kind of damage. Patience will get you a better product here. Don't touch the tainted car

I think we all pretty much share the same sentiment here. I don't know your situation so I can't judge, but we're talking about roughly a 3% savings for who knows what kind of damage. Patience will get you a better product here. Don't touch the tainted car
Maybe if they offered a Plaid for the price of a LR, but otherwise I'd pass.