Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually am changing anesthesiology practices, and will be moving to Austin after the summer. I will be doing mobile dental office anesthesia, and will be lugging these big boxes of drugs/supplies around daily as well as commuting back to Dallas to see my kids on the weekends I have them. I will need more space to lug this stuff around and the boxes are a very tight fit in the backseat of my Taycan. So I am looking to possibly move back into an S, or worst case an X
Great idea- the extra space hidden below the boot (or trunk, as you all seem to know it) would be perfect for the fentanyl, remi, midaz and, most importantly, your Milk of Human Kindness (aka Jacko Juice). Heaps of space for the ventilator in the back.
Larry's, NPAs and tubes in the frunk.
Have a good day!

Plaid vs. LR, but I'm trying to convince myself that a Plaid with the 19s and driven at the speed limit will return the same efficiency as a LR. Anyone have evidence that this would not be the case?
Björn Nyland has checked exactly that. The test he did with the long range was with wheel caps on, the plaid was without. He said this makes a difference between 5-10 wh per kilometer.
To sum it up, they are the same efficiency wise, some psi more or less will make more difference...
please see the statistics at the end of the video

Thomas

Great idea- the extra space hidden below the boot (or trunk, as you all seem to know it) would be perfect for the fentanyl, remi, midaz and, most importantly, your Milk of Human Kindness (aka Jacko Juice). Heaps of space for the ventilator in the back.
Larry's, NPAs and tubes in the frunk.
Have a good day!
Actually, no narcotics at all. Just propofol, nubain and precedex, along with the usual other CV support drugs. No vent. Just a Jackson Reese circuit with some nasal Rae’s. The boxes are big though.

View recent photos.jpeg

Reactions: curleymapper
Delivery scheduled for June 23. Got a message again that I can pick it up earlier on June 22. Went to take a look at it in the Fremont CA delivery lot.
Do the panel gaps and alignment look normal for a typical MS (this is my first Tesla) ?

All photos taken around 5PM in blazing 91 degree CA sun

Looks great! Minimal gap.
Enjoy!!!

re 19’s/21’s and ride comfort - for those sensitive to rough rides, appearance aside, just avoid the 21’s. Lowering the tire pressure helps but especially as the car picks up 2k, 5k, 10k, 20k miles - it just gets worse. I can already feel the difference from brand new to now. Same with the last MSP I had and every other Tesla I’ve owned.

If there’s one thing Tesla could improve that would make a massive quality of life difference, it’s the stiff ride esp with the 21’s. Harsh ride, terrible rebound on severe potholes/bumps…it just sucks. As the other person mentioned it doesn’t do anything particularly well except lower/raise fast and easy…not a performance susp and not a comfort susp, it’s neither. A 2002 Camry rides smoother. I am not a fan of the look of the 19s and not interested in aftermarket or anything that stands out from OEM…otherwise I’d never get the 21’s.

Enjoy!!!

re 19’s/21’s and ride comfort - for those sensitive to rough rides, if you don’t care about the looks just avoid the 21’s. Lowering the tire pressure helps but especially as the car picks up 2k, 5k, 10k, 20k miles - it just gets worse. I can already feel the difference from brand new to now.

If there’s one thing Tesla could improve that would make a massive quality of life difference, it’s the stiff ride esp with the 21’s. Harsh ride, terrible rebound on severe potholes/bumps…it just sucks. As the other person mentioned it doesn’t do anything particularly well except lower/raise fast and easy…not a performance susp and not a comfort susp, it’s neither. A 2002 Camry rides smoother. I am not a fan of the look of the 19s and not interested in aftermarket or anything that stands out from OEM…otherwise I’d never get the 21’s.

Coming from a '21 M3P with Uberturbines, I think the '21 Arachnids are perfect. The Model S tires provide about 1/2 inch more sidewall than the Model 3 outfitted with the larger wheels. I find the 19" to be slushy and soft; I prefer the firmer ride.

Hello all-newbie here-

What kind of waiting period for a VIN will this be? It seems everyone has a little different experience.
The only difference in our builds is that I have 19’s. I’ve been waiting since 23 Dec ‘23. No Cream Interior have been produced since before then and I haven’t been able to get any answers in person or through the app. Good luck!

Reactions: Trunk Gap
Enjoy!!!

re 19’s/21’s and ride comfort - for those sensitive to rough rides, appearance aside, just avoid the 21’s. Lowering the tire pressure helps but especially as the car picks up 2k, 5k, 10k, 20k miles - it just gets worse. I can already feel the difference from brand new to now. Same with the last MSP I had and every other Tesla I’ve owned.

Username checks out! The trunk sits in an inch or so into the rear light housing. That’s not ok

Attachments

• IMG_5850.png
    IMG_5850.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Username checks out! The trunk sits in an inch or so into the rear light housing. That’s not ok

“within spec” 😁 I couldn’t be bothered to be honest but everyone is different.

When you take delivery of your brand new MSP I’m certain you will make sure everything is absolutely perfect, and (after a svc appt or two to remedy) you’re gonna love it!

Enjoy!

When you take delivery of your brand new MSP I’m certain you will make sure everything is absolutely perfect, and (after a svc appt or two to remedy) you’re gonna love it!

Enjoy!

These are my thoughts as well. They are minor and nothing to reject delivery over. If it bothers him, they can correct it via a service appointment. I have a few minor imperfections, too, but nothing worth a special trip. I did, however, open a service request just to log and record them.

Reactions: Trunk Gap
Hello all-newbie here-

What kind of waiting period for a VIN will this be? It seems everyone has a little different experience.

IMG_4516.jpeg

Ordered 6-12
EDD 6-23/30
VIN assigned 6-24
EDD slipped to 7-8/15

Pretty sure they know you won’t get it when they first estimate delivery date, then they make you wait and then slip your delivery date again hoping you’ll tire and take an inventory vehicle. Don’t give in!

Enjoy!

Took delivery of my brand new Ultra Red Plaid last April. Vibration on highway at 80 mph they couldn’t fix after 7 service visits and then a buy back. Didn’t love it….

This time I’ll be test driving a pre-owned one for vibrations before buying.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Took delivery of my brand new Ultra Red Plaid last April. Vibration on highway at 80 mph they couldn’t fix after 7 service visits and then a buy back. Didn’t love it….

This time I’ll be test driving a pre-owned one for vibrations before buying.
Mine seems to have a vibration at full throttle, anywhere from 40 to 80MPH, but I have very limited time in the car so far and it does not seem consistent.

Need to try some different road conditions as I put some miles on.

No other vibrations to speak of at part throttle or at any speed, but I was disappointed when I felt it, don’t recall this on the Model S I test drove last fall.

Reactions: Propofoln
Reactions: zoomer0056
Took delivery last week. If anyone is nervous about ordering a demo car, I wouldn't be. Aside from a little dirt on the inside (and bird poop covering the outside 😁), the car was delivered without issue and looks pretty flawless to me. I'm not a stickler for panel gaps and trunk alignment, so I'll let y'all judge.

This inventory car was $8,000 cheaper than a "new" one. Just 2,000 miles on it and sold with new warranty. I'll take that all day long.

IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2197.jpg

Took delivery last week. If anyone is nervous about ordering a demo car, I wouldn't be. Aside from a little dirt on the inside (and bird poop covering the outside 😁), the car was delivered without issue and looks pretty flawless to me. I'm not a stickler for panel gaps and trunk alignment, so I'll let y'all judge.

This inventory car was $8,000 cheaper than a "new" one. Just 2,000 miles on it and sold with new warranty. I'll take that all day long.

View attachment 1059309View attachment 1059310
Nice, good deal ... and congrats!