Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize we are only getting to the half way point in the year. While this sounds ready for a fortune-cookie, some of us with orders might have cars sooner and some later, even into calendar 2023.

It used to be easy to determine your Tesla's "year" based on manufacturing date. Some posts on this forum suggest Tesla caved and started to use an arbitrary date to determine a vehicle's "year" like other manufacturers.

With that said, does anyone know the arbtitary date when Tesla S's arrive as 2023? Is the VIN expected to change from "NF" to "OF" for vehicles manufactured after that date?

I know for a Tesla it's just a number, but...

Thanks

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I realize we are only getting to the half way point in the year. While this sounds ready for a fortune-cookie, some of us with orders might have cars sooner and some later, even into calendar 2023.

It used to be easy to determine your Tesla's "year" based on manufacturing date. Some posts on this forum suggest Tesla caved and started to use an arbitrary date to determine a vehicle's "year" like other manufacturers.

With that said, does anyone know the arbtitary date when Tesla S's arrive as 2023? Is the VIN expected to change from "NF" to "OF" for vehicles manufactured after that date?

I know for a Tesla it's just a number, but...

Thanks

My arbitrary guess would be similar to last year's timing. Late Nov to early December IIRC...

Few things.
1) Updated charge port is not flush. definitely needs to be corrected and was noted at delivery.
2) sunken/recessed rear passenger side and front driver side door handles.
3) driver seat inches forward and back by a few millimeters everytime i accelerate/regen. bothers me so its my primary concern and should be an easy fix (tightened/replaced).
4) Spoiler isn’t glued correctly. flush on the left side, lifting on the right side… glue slightly visible on the lifted side - not a big deal (easy fix).

Apart from that, all panels are great. no visible panel gaps. All weather sealing is perfectly placed/installed. Cabin is astonishingly quiet. not a creek, or sound.
Way less wrinkling (if any) on the white seats. Almost all i’d seen in the past had some level of wrinkling.

All in all, quality has definitely gone up considerably since my August 2021 MSM Plaid which I sold because I wanted a Red one with the new lights.

View attachment 809322
A8E154B9-7FDB-4998-937A-A4E553FA1C7B.gif