Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a thousand miles on my MSLR. Saturday, it suddenly told my wife to pull over and then immediately shut down. Roadside assistance sent a tow truck and said it sounds like a rear drive unit. Bummer, huh? Anyone else had this issue? How long does it take them to fix it on average? Any ideas?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does anyone know how long trade in valuation usually takes through Tesla?
To get the valuation or how long it's valid for?
For me, the valuation comes back in about 3 days, valid for 30 days.
Since I've been doing this for 10mo, typically they only ask for a pic of the odometer, but every 4mo or so they want new pics of the whole car.

I have a thousand miles on my MSLR. Saturday, it suddenly told my wife to pull over and then immediately shut down. Roadside assistance sent a tow truck and said it sounds like a rear drive unit. Bummer, huh? Anyone else had this issue? How long does it take them to fix it on average? Any ideas?
Assuming it’s a failed motor inverter, ours took about a week IIRC.

Front motor, 22 MS LR, about 1,200 miles.

No VIN yet. 🤞
TBH it's been a bit of a roller-coaster ride the past few days:

Aug 25: Nothing - no car and no change to EDD 😾
Aug 26: EDD changed to 2022-SEP-07 and 2022-OCT-12 😿
Aug 28: Text message: VIN assigned; EDD 2022-AUG-29 and 2022-SEP-10 😸
Aug 29: Delivery date and time scheduled (2022-SEP-01, 1400 PDT) 😻

Yesterday my wife and I spent the day installing the wall charger and cleaning out the garage with the expectation of the car arriving soon. Then Tesla called me today and scheduled the pickup.

I'll post some pics from the pickup.

That’s good to know. Everything good since?
Yes, we've driven it another 1k miles or so and the front inverter hasn't blown up and the car still drives . . . .

Oddly, Tesla Service Fort Worth didn't seem to think this massive, car dead on side of road, fiasco of a failure even warranted a "we're sorry your car left your stranded" apology, but that's the new Tesla Customer Service: The Customer is The Problem.

Car was returned filthy after a week sitting in sun and dirt, and with the tow truck driver's or mechanic's oil stains on the white seats--thanks Tesla!

So very different from the early days (2013-14) when Tesla gave a damn, but such is life with Tesla repairs these days.

Yes, we've driven it another 1k miles or so and the front inverter hasn't blown up and the car still drives . . . .

Oddly, Tesla Service Fort Worth didn't seem to think this massive, car dead on side of road, fiasco of a failure even warranted a "we're sorry your car left your stranded" apology, but that's the new Tesla Customer Service: The Customer is The Problem.

Car was returned filthy after a week sitting in sun and dirt, and with the tow truck driver's or mechanic's oil stains on the white seats--thanks Tesla!

So very different from the early days (2013-14) when Tesla gave a damn, but such is life with Tesla repairs these days.
This is one of my bigger fears these days as an owner now. Seems like these failures are somewhat rare but there also seems to be no rhyme or reason when or how they fail. If Tesla could be more consistent(quicker) with repairs and service it would be less scary, but I have seen some waiting a month for repairs. Fingers crossed we never encounter it.

Been a minute since I checked out the inventory page. This is new to see. 10 LR in or headed to inventory? How is this even possible when there are people still waiting nearly a year for delivery of a car? Perhaps more people are cancelling or rejecting VINs at delivery? Economy/rates starting to weigh on folks?

1661870099116.png