Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Input on Tesla QC.

Picked up another MS today, a 4880xx VIN, August 2022 production.

Two words: PRETTY DISAPPOINTING.

1. Drooping c-pillar interior trim, with large gap at top.
2. Misaligned front bumper at headlight/fender.
3. Wrinkle and tear at rear 2/3 seat back where it rubs against 1/3 folding seat back.
4. Dents, pick marks in other portion of rear seat back.

All at delivery. Pics to follow….

A. First mile of driving revealed rattle sound from front, center IP, near swivel screen.

Tried to get some addressed or at least recorded by Fort Worth Delivery Ctr, but was told to just file a service request via the app.

Elon: Ten+ years of building MS’s, and well over a year of Palladium MS’s, and you’re STILL shipping six-figure garbage like this?!? PLEASE: Either fix QC at Fremont, or start firing people.

Thanks.
Several and similar issues with mine too: Frunk headlight gap, driver side door did not close flush, trunk not flushed on both sides, misaligned taillights. Paint issues on trunk - one spot is showing metal and another spot has a piece of hair in between the layers. Service center says it will need to go to a body shop to be repainted :(

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Pics or it didn’t happen?

Here are yesterday’s delivery pics from our August-build MS, 4880xx. None were to be repaired prior to or at delivery: “Just use the app to make a service request.”

As you should well know, that means at least some three or more weeks of waiting, perhaps more.

Come on Elon, after TEN friggin’ years of building MS’s Fremont can sure as heck do better than shipping garbage like this. Why put customers into Tesla Service Center Hell on Day 1 of their new rides?!?

Either train Tesla people in Quality (see: W. Edwards Deming) or start rolling heads until you stop shipping Fremont’s problems out for customers to fix: that’s just stupid and you’re not stupid.

Not depicted is the obnoxious rattle in the center IP—doesn’t photograph well….

Even at less than six-figures, this level of quality is pure BS. At six-figures, it’s grossly Unsat.

Fix it STAT as we’ve got an entire planet to save and this makes it so damn hard to recommend Teslas without being embarrassed for all of us on this mission.

Thanks.

FB04B845-CE2F-4CA7-BDFB-8978D3A3454D.jpeg
0D8EBBCF-90BA-4033-AB96-3DC4BAD75025.jpeg
A9A9E92D-5739-4B1F-9AE6-0E09F951ABD3.jpeg
E9EEACD9-2D44-42C7-93AD-A37CFA47C261.jpeg
5745FFDA-DF9E-402E-A64F-EECEDC83539A.jpeg
765C62D6-9D38-4DFF-8EEE-2A7B30BA0F58.jpeg
1822BA72-F5A8-4CE1-B530-16EB6DBD4FF2.jpeg
A706399A-62DF-4551-8662-7B4F5BC7E590.jpeg
EAA992E7-F42E-408C-BFDE-FBDFE836EB5A.jpeg
2C89A988-4521-4522-8711-825CF8D97D9C.jpeg

Pics or it didn’t happen?

Here are yesterday’s delivery pics from our August-build MS, 4880xx. None were to be repaired prior to or at delivery: “Just use the app to make a service request.”

As you should well know, that means at least some three or more weeks of waiting, perhaps more.

Come on Elon, after TEN friggin’ years of building MS’s Fremont can sure as heck do better than shipping garbage like this. Why put customers into Tesla Service Center Hell on Day 1 of their new rides?!?

Either train Tesla people in Quality (see: W. Edwards Deming) or start rolling heads until you stop shipping Fremont’s problems out for customers to fix: that’s just stupid and you’re not stupid.

Not depicted is the obnoxious rattle in the center IP—doesn’t photograph well….

Even at less than six-figures, this level of quality is pure BS. At six-figures, it’s grossly Unsat.

Fix it STAT as we’ve got an entire planet to save and this makes it so damn hard to recommend Teslas without being embarrassed for all of us on this mission.

Thanks.

View attachment 844656View attachment 844657View attachment 844658View attachment 844659View attachment 844660View attachment 844661View attachment 844662View attachment 844663View attachment 844664View attachment 844665
I’d have rejected…

I can't make my upcoming date work and need to reject my car. Anyone know how I actually do that? I tried looking on line at my account and I can't seem to find an option to that. Also, do I just wait for them to reassign me another VIN? Thanks.

Sorry to hear. Man, I’m picking up one on Thursday. Blue/Cream. I picked one in June. Got lucky on that MS and is perfect. Hope this one is as perfect (August build - fingers crossed)
I picked up MSLR Blue/Cream today. Fortunately, it is in good shape. Compared to my white MS, the panel gaps on the hood are are no that tight. But acceptable. Overall I’m a happy camper. I was skeptical about cream interior. It looks great.

Okay, my delivery (Model S LR), is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
ordered 3/6/22
Reservation:11664xxxxx
white/white 19” wheels, FSD
(fingers crossed)
Okay, my delivery (Model S LR), is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
ordered 3/6/22
Reservation:11664xxxxx
white/white 19” wheels, FSD
(fingers crossed)
So is mine

Is there a consensus on the best Apple Watch app to use for Tesla? Thoughts?
It depends on what you want to do. You need the Tesla Apps to access your car and start you car. You can lock and unlock your car anywhere with your phone. You can turn on or off AC or lowering window. You can see where your car is driving if you share the account access to someone else to drive your car.