Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got assigned a vin 5YJSA1E50PF510… is there a way to tell if it has HW4? Is there a way to make sure it wasn’t a car someone else rejected?
VINs above 510xxx will have cameras. Tesla has been increasingly reluctant to say what HW 4 will do or if the car has the Phoenix Radar, but most SA's I've talked to, including store managers, insist new cameras, mean the car has HW4.

Elon mentioned in the earning call today something about Hardware being ahead of Software on the new cars. He also said HW 3 cars will be capable of FSD.

You can still see the factory build date in the source data on the order page, that would be you best way to determine if it is a reject.

No reason not to order a car now, and have your SA track it. You might get another price drop which I think is likely before June. If you cancel, you are only out the order fee which is a small fraction of a future price drop.

Why the heck to you care about self driving capabilities. Aren’t you an individual who likes to DRIVE your own car?
You must not be aware of Elon's promises re: FSD?

FSD matters a LOT because it's arguably the greatest single-step valuation creation in the history of humans, and Elon may be waffling on if HW 3.0 cars will be able to ACTUALLY have FSD, despite promises to the contrary over the past many, many years . . . .

HW 4.0 cars will likely be able to pull it off before the end of the decade. HW 3.0, well, it's more questionable.

You must not be aware of Elon's promises re: FSD?

FSD matters a LOT because it's arguably the greatest single-step valuation creation in the history of humans, and Elon may be waffling on if HW 3.0 cars will be able to ACTUALLY have FSD, despite promises to the contrary over the past many, many years . . . .

HW 4.0 cars will likely be able to pull it off before the end of the decade. HW 3.0, well, it's more questionable.
EM doubled down on HW3 being FSD capable at today's earnings call.

That said, I question that...

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
You can still see the factory build date in the source data on the order page, that would be you best way to determine if it is a reject.
what page is considered the order page? I can go to the dashboard and then click on manage the reservation but I don't see any other pages.

What’s the odds on another price drop? I’d say 50/50.
99% but it could be a week from now or months from now

Why the heck to you care about self driving capabilities. Aren’t you an individual who likes to DRIVE your own car?
not everyone enjoys driving, and I would rather have the newest model for resale purposes, especially if the costs are the same.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Price just went up moments ago, actually. Plaid S up from $104,990 -> $107,490. Yoke is now a $250 option. Tesla has lost its mind if you ask me. Regular S also up the same $2.5k.
Also see 3 years of free supercharging with a new model S/X. I guess they will soon offer FUSC on inventory S , then I will upgrade 😀

Price just went up moments ago, actually. Plaid S up from $104,990 -> $107,490. Yoke is now a $250 option. Tesla has lost its mind if you ask me. Regular S also up the same $2.5k.
Looks like they added 3 years of “free” prepaid supercharging to the price. 😂

They’re just stabbing around in the dark trying to incentivize fence sitters. A surprising number of people are motivated by “free” supercharging.

Tesla lost its mind = Elon late at night thinking he has some brilliant idea which turns out to be a horrible idea. Price will go back down again in a few weeks.

Makes sense. There’s no real volume in the S or X compared to the 3 and Y.

yes complete sense, no sales lets increase the price lol

Reactions: TSLA Pilot