Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen this before, they might be filling first the orders with the higher price. They've done it before. This way they try to push the old priced orders to give up and ask for the car that is in inventory but at the higher price.
And here we go proof is in the pudding. Exact same car I ordered is showing up in local inventory, but it is not assigned to me. Tesla is really pissing me off. Maybe they should not be getting any of my money.

Lets see if they assign it today.

And here we go proof is in the pudding. Exact same car I ordered is showing up in local inventory, but it is not assigned to me. Tesla is really pissing me off. Maybe they should not be getting any of my money.

Lets see if they assign it today.

Yeah, it takes a few days sometimes. I saw my exact configuration in inventory for a few days and I thought I was safe because I accepted the updated order terms. But, then it was assigned to me later. I have no idea why it isn't instant.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I doubt it's worth the labor. They should just drop some more discount on them and they'll sell.

Yea, I forgot to add my own smiley face at the end of my not-serious question. I don't think it's even the labor that would keep them from doing it as it's just a few minutes for each of these tasks. I think the real hassle would be updating the configs in their system.

ordered the S Plaid in Dec still waiting for VIN, date got pushed back from jan-feb to late feb-late march. My speculation is, after the range reduction re-order email, the updated Plaid/S draws more power for some new instruments, 37miles difference is significant, not saying that original EPA was accurate, but at least half of the power usage points to maybe ambient or front cam? No idea but i will wait.
*edit location, Ontario Canada.

ordered the S Plaid in Dec still waiting for VIN, date got pushed back from jan-feb to late feb-late march. My speculation is, after the range reduction re-order email, the updated Plaid/S draws more power for some new instruments, 37miles difference is significant, not saying that original EPA was accurate, but at least half of the power usage points to maybe ambient or front cam? No idea but i will wait.
😅 Definitely.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne and cwanja

But no range reduction for the MSLR.

That is baffling, since it seems like the tires are the same....

Even more baffling is the MXLR range dropped a lot but the MXP only dropped a tiny bit so there's only 9 miles of range difference. The only difference between the MXP and the MSP is track mode but since the LRs also have dragstrip mode and the EPA is now testing with that mode on both trims, why didn't the MSLR range drop at all with the same tires.

Starting to wonder if maybe there's a more significant change coming for the MSP that hasn't been announced. Perhaps one that on paper makes it a Sapphire beater.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
@n2mb_racing I see a new Service Bulletin for a creak/rattle on the Model S and X vehicles. I wonder if they finally identified the problem that was plaguing your vehicle. (I think it was you that had the issue they couldn't find.)

Condition

On some Model S and Model X vehicles, the LH and RH frame rail bolts might not have been tightened to specification, which could result in a creak or rattle noise coming from the front of the vehicle while turning the steering wheel at low speeds. This condition does not affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.

7 Nm still isn't very tight, so they must be really loose to be causing an issue.

Same here except for the pricing, waiting for my VIN.

Attachments

• IMG_5473.png
    IMG_5473.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I've seen this before, they might be filling first the orders with the higher price. They've done it before. This way they try to push the old priced orders to give up and ask for the car that is in inventory but at the higher price.
Isn't the Stealth Grey the same price though? I can see them making money off other colors but just assign some VINs to the Stealth Grey peoples.

@n2mb_racing I see a new Service Bulletin for a creak/rattle on the Model S and X vehicles. I wonder if they finally identified the problem that was plaguing your vehicle. (I think it was you that had the issue they couldn't find.)

7 Nm still isn't very tight, so they must be really loose to be causing an issue.
They never solved the noise issue. I got them to buy back my car. That's good to see a service bulletin that might help others.