Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were a number of paint issues that they bungled up and it took them an inordinate amount of time to fix. These are issues I'd potentially encounter with another car (dealt with Tesla's in the past). They didn't say it was worthy - I requested it because they effed up so many times. They granted it since the car only had two miles driven and spent almost 3 months in their shop for very easily solvable problems. In any case, they granted my request but with the fact that a replacement may be no better and interest rates increases to car loans resulting in a $3k difference in cost along with the changes in the new car pricing (another $1-2k).....and I already had PPF installed (which actually may get refunded because I've just had the worst luck the last few months)...it would cost too much time and money to get out of it, especially since there is no major issue with the car other than the SC messing crap up.

Of the many issues I had with my MXP, one of them was due to them repainting the hatch for no apparent reason. On the first service visit after I bought it, they had it for nearly a month even though it was supposed to be just a week. When I got there to pick it up, they told me they needed to keep the car for another day. I asked why and was told the hatch badges needed to be put back on. I asked her why and she didn't know. I told her that I couldn't wait and that I was leaving on a trip for 3 weeks and they'd either need to keep the car or give it back to me and I could return for them to install the badging. When I got home and looked at it the next day in the sun, I realized that the color was totally off. A turquoise greenish tint to rear hatch vs the metallic blue of the rest of the car. When I brought it back a month later, I confronted them with a sentry video of my MXP backing up into a very dirty third party body shop that is NOT on their approved list. Also, by this point, the bumper started showing paint shrinkage and a strange pattern.

At this point, they disclosed to me that the rear hatch and bumper had been repainted. It was clear the bumper had suffered significant damage and whatever was used as a filler was shrinking. I asked them many times to disclose the nature of the damage or accident and they never did.

Due to the other issues and over 105 days in service and 60 more days where I couldn't use it for rear passengers, I finally contacted a law firm and negotiated a buyback. I won't miss it. I did get refunded for the PPF as well.

Hey, can you get pictures of the right rear door where it meets the quarter panel? Also, can you please tell me the name of the manager you spoke with that said they're on hold?
IMG_5745.jpeg

I only had this picture,
I sent you a pm

• Love
Reactions: teko and sorka
View attachment 1015252

I only had this picture,
I sent you a pm

I got it. I had already called them back and spoke to a women named Cherish and she said she'd have Jeremy call me back. Ended up getting a callback from third person who confirmed that they can't release any MSLRs until the 13th and claims it's a nationwide thing due to EPA changes "STILL COMING". He said Jeremy was completely wrong for insisting that they could be released and he and Thomas, the manager will get with him. i.e I just made you waste a trip :(

So did the reddit user who posed pictures (one in front of his house) fake it or did they screw up releasing it? Or is it truly a California only thing and it's being released in other states. Answer is no if it's EPA related.

So the EPA changes "still coming" statement is interesting. Could the answer to why the LR wasn't reduced in range be because it really is and they're just waiting for the EPA number before they can sell it?????

EDIT: the reddit user who posted pictures of his steering wheel who claims he took delivery was for a Plaid. It's already had the EPA changes finalized.

Last edited:
So, I've learned to not pay much attention to panel alignment. It's usually possible to position your viewing position so it looks good.

Seat wrinkles are harder, but seat towels work.

Here are two pics from my '22. Sorry for the poorly lot garage view, but I don't take the car out in weather.

YGMV (Your Gaps May Vary)

Attachments

• IMG_20240204_131627166.jpg
    IMG_20240204_131627166.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240204_131657910.jpg
    IMG_20240204_131657910.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 17
I got it. I had already called them back and spoke to a women named Cherish and she said she'd have Jeremy call me back. Ended up getting a callback from third person who confirmed that they can't release any MSLRs until the 13th and claims it's a nationwide thing due to EPA changes "STILL COMING". He said Jeremy was completely wrong for insisting that they could be released and he and Thomas, the manager will get with him. i.e I just made you waste a trip :(

So did the reddit user who posed pictures (one in front of his house) fake it or did they screw up releasing it? Or is it truly a California only thing and it's being released in other states. Answer is no if it's EPA related.

So the EPA changes "still coming" statement is interesting. Could the answer to why the LR wasn't reduced in range be because it really is and they're just waiting for the EPA number before they can sell it?????

EDIT: the reddit user who posted pictures of his steering wheel who claims he took delivery was for a Plaid. It's already had the EPA changes finalized.
when i talked to them face to face,
he told me Plaid cannot be delivered as well,
on reddit, there is one user, claimed, he picked up from San Diego.

My problem is,
I ordered LR on November, On Jnuary 4th, i got assigned a VIN, due to medical reason I put it on hold until 18th, on 16th price increased
Last week, app offered me the inventory car, available to pick up immediately, but $2500 more expensive, when I asked to get tthat car, they told me since i put on hold once, i will never get a car from old price, so i accepted the inventory car by paying more, because i am on rental (sold M3), and they I was accepting i can get the car immediately.
One day after accepting the higher price, and many phone calls, they told me not they cannot deliver until 13th!!!!
and my car was on shop floor, not as test drive, but everyone was opening and sitting inside and playing with it. ..........

This story getting crazy.

My problem is,
I ordered LR on November, On Jnuary 4th, i got assigned a VIN, due to medical reason I put it on hold until 18th, on 16th price increased
Last week, app offered me the inventory car, available to pick up immediately, but $2500 more expensive, when I asked to get tthat car, they told me since i put on hold once, i will never get a car from old price, so i accepted the inventory car by paying more, because i am on rental (sold M3), and they I was accepting i can get the car immediately.
One day after accepting the higher price, and many phone calls, they told me not they cannot deliver until 13th!!!!
and my car was on shop floor, not as test drive, but everyone was opening and sitting inside and playing with it. ..........

I suspect the car they assigned to me is of the same fate, sitting on showroom floor with people slobbering over it. Plus they changed my order agreement without my consent. I think I might forget about Model S and just get something else.

My problem is,

I need to stop by that store after work after I grab a 20 pack of White Castle sliders to see how comfy/ventilated those seats are with shorts on.

• Funny
Reactions: teko
The epic saga continues…

- Nov 2023: ordered MSLR
- Early Dec: assigned 2023 VIN
- Request 14-day hold
- Late Dec: assigned new 2023 VIN
- Canceled order ($250 order fee lost)
- Feb 1: placed new order
- Feb 2: Tesla reinstitutes FUSC transfer
- Feb 3: canceled order ($250 order fee lost)
- Feb 4: placed new order with FUSC transfer (wife’s 2017 MX with FUSC) on wife’s account

4 months and $500 later. This is the Tesla way 🤣
I lost one $250 order fee and the $250 referral discount. But, I made more money in interest in my high yield savings account sitting on the $100k while waiting for the car, so there's that!

Reactions: nyucla and teko