Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024 Model S Plaid delivery update: Picked her up this morning and the initial exterior/interior inspections went well except for: (1) left rear passenger door panel loose and (2) paint chipped along edge of right rear passenger door. Alignment also a little off (pulls slightly to right) but I planned on doing a full alignment anyway after the rear camber arms & lowering links are installed. Delivery process was smooth & friendly - super easy. Delivery person told me this was the first 2024 Plaid he had seen delivered, for whatever that is worth.

Attachments

• IMG_7068.jpg
    IMG_7068.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7079.jpg
    IMG_7079.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7080.jpg
    IMG_7080.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7082.jpg
    IMG_7082.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 17
2024 Model S Plaid delivery update: Picked her up this morning and the initial exterior/interior inspections went well except for: (1) left rear passenger door panel loose and (2) paint chipped along edge of right rear passenger door. Alignment also a little off (pulls slightly to right) but I planned on doing a full alignment anyway after the rear camber arms & lowering links are installed. Delivery process was smooth & friendly - super easy. Delivery person told me this was the first 2024 Plaid he had seen delivered, for whatever that is worth.
Make sure to have Tesla do an alignment first since it includes the right height calibration. If this is off, it can cause an alignment issue and a pull even if the actual alignment isn't off.

The rear door where it meets the quarter panel also looks good. It's slightly off between the front and rear door. Also, sometimes door alignment issues can stem from the front fenders not being adjusted correctly. The fenders have quite a bit of adjustability and often need to be done in conjunction with door alignments depending. Sometimes door alignments are off because fenders are not right and those go on first.

So one more in the column of MSLRs are on hold but MSPs aren't.

Reactions: aerodyne
Make sure to have Tesla do an alignment first since it includes the right height calibration. If this is off, it can cause an alignment issue and a pull even if the actual alignment isn't off.

The rear door where it meets the quarter panel also looks good. It's slightly off between the front and rear door. Also, sometimes door alignment issues can stem from the front fenders not being adjusted correctly. The fenders have quite a bit of adjustability and often need to be done in conjunction with door alignments depending. Sometimes door alignments are off because fenders are not right and those go on first.

So one more in the column of MSLRs are on hold but MSPs aren't.
Sounds good - thanks for the advice. Service request scheduled for the panel, paint and alignment check.

Sounds good - thanks for the advice. Service request scheduled for the panel, paint and alignment check.

If they give you an estimate for the alignment cost, make sure to point out to them that it was pulling as soon as you left the lot. Hopefully you pulled over and logged issue in the app since they can see the mileage your car was at when you update or create a ticket. Ask them to go on a test drive with you so you can show them the pull. If they don't add a charge in the estimate, then don't worry about it :)

Congrats! Will there be a "Film at 11" (YouTube Vid?)

Looks like a good delivery, better than mine.
Interior trim looks good, no seat wrinkles. I assume you looked under the car and no damage under esp at front bumper cover.

I have no experience at Costa Mesa or Buena Park, but every SvC I have been to (More than 5 in Socal) has left me unhappy. Even Mobile just forgets to bring parts and broke stuff. Most techs are unfamiliar with MS and MX these days.

Although there is no reason you should fix Tesla's mistakes, consider fixing it yourself, I think it will be less frustrating in the long run.

Set energy to percent and Enjoy!

Reactions: tdroesch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204-203347.png
    Screenshot_20240204-203347.png
    493.1 KB · Views: 15
The epic saga continues…

- Nov 2023: ordered MSLR
- Early Dec: assigned 2023 VIN
- Request 14-day hold
- Late Dec: assigned new 2023 VIN
- Canceled order ($250 order fee lost)
- Feb 1: placed new order
- Feb 2: Tesla reinstitutes FUSC transfer
- Feb 3: canceled order ($250 order fee lost)
- Feb 4: placed new order with FUSC transfer (wife’s 2017 MX with FUSC) on wife’s account

4 months and $500 later. This is the Tesla way 🤣
How did Tesla let you keep Supercharging transfer? I would have waited but they said order had to say 2023 delivery.

New offer on S/X/Y if you take delivery by 3/31. FUSC and/or FSD transfer!
Oh well. That's exactly what I asked them to do for me being a 14 year Tesla customer but glad they extended it. They could have announced that back in December. Would have helped but guess they wanted their numbers. Didn't miss too much other than center horn. Will see if the front bumper camera makes an appearance but doubt they'd let me transfer it again. Wouldn't really want to anyway. This car is pretty good. Big upgrade from P85.

Oh well. That's exactly what I asked them to do for me being a 14 year Tesla customer but glad they extended it. They could have announced that back in December. Would have helped but guess they wanted their numbers. Didn't miss too much other than center horn. Will see if the front bumper camera makes an appearance but doubt they'd let me transfer it again. Wouldn't really want to anyway. This car is pretty good. Big upgrade from P85.
Tell me about it man. Average Tesla behavior sheesh. Lost $500 worth of order fees and $250 referral discount and all I got was a damn center horn LOL. But hey, how dare I complain? By their merciful grace, I’m able to transfer my wife’s FUSC. 🙄😆

You have me beat. 12 year Tesla customer here (S, X, 3, Y, in that order). Asked for mercy on the $250 order fee from Feb 1. The response was an emphatic HELL NAH 😂

I guess I’m a glutton for punishment. I think we all are!

Tell me about it man. Average Tesla behavior sheesh. Lost $500 worth of order fees and $250 referral discount and all I got was a damn center horn LOL. But hey, how dare I complain? By their merciful grace, I’m able to transfer my wife’s FUSC. 🙄😆
It would have cost them nothing to extend the window if they knew they were going to do it anyway. Pretty annoying but hope they at least offer the retrofit on the horn. That's the reason I really wanted to delay it anyway. And if it's only $700, still come out ahead since Ultra Red is now $2,500.

Reactions: nyucla