Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you looking for out of the car?
It will be my daily driver, to and from work, around town. My wife will also take it to things where she doesn’t need to have the kids. We have a 2 and 6 year old who may ride sometimes.

I do like the spoiler and plan to spend the $700 to add it. Also prefer carbon fiber to wood, but believe the wood could grow on me.

It’s really close, just don’t want to have FOMO.

Yes, but it's always to the right. Basically in order to keep going straight, as soon as I start to accelerate even slightly, I have to turn the wheel to the left. It does not get worse the harder you accelerate unlike my MXP which pulled to the left and did so more the harder you accelerated. My P85DL stayed straight as an arrow under maximum acceleration.
Maybe a bad alignment from the factory.

It will be my daily driver, to and from work, around town. My wife will also take it to things where she doesn’t need to have the kids. We have a 2 and 6 year old who may ride sometimes.

I do like the spoiler and plan to spend the $700 to add it. Also prefer carbon fiber to wood, but believe the wood could grow on me.

The MSLR is breathtakingly fast and by all measurements we would be raving about how fast it is, if the Plaid didn’t exist. My guess is the MSLR is the way to go, but it’s super easy to demo drive or even take an overnight demo of an MSLR. I think you should do that and get more comfortable with the decision.

Reactions: RyanC1384

Controversial take incoming.

The Plaid is fantastic I imagine and the speed is great. But realistically, how often are you using the Plaid to its full potential?

Had and currently have a LR, both are daily drivers and are perfect to pass idiots on the road no issues. If I had the Plaid, sure it would be ‘easier’, but I (personally) would not gain value by having a Plaid.

The interior is going to be a personal decision. Believe Tesla still locks down the carbon fiber parts to a VIN, so you cannot order them to swap it. The wood looks ‘fine’ in my opinion.

My kids (4 & 2) love when I punch my LR and it’s the same grin and childish laughter I make myself when I do it every time.

The Plaid is fantastic I imagine and the speed is great. But realistically, how often are you using the Plaid to its full potential?

Had and currently have a LR, both are daily drivers and are perfect to pass idiots on the road no issues. If I had the Plaid, sure it would be ‘easier’, but I (personally) would not gain value by having a Plaid.

The interior is going to be a personal decision. Believe Tesla still locks down the carbon fiber parts to a VIN, so you cannot order them to swap it. The wood looks ‘fine’ in my opinion.

My kids (4 & 2) love when I punch my LR and it’s the same grin and childish laughter I make myself when I do it every time.
What’s your take on a carbon vinyl wrap over the wood internally? Will it look cheap? Picked one up on TWraps.

There’s also an option for an overlay from RPM Tesla that looks nice for $1400

Reactions: Milan Djabirov

Also, to truly access what Plaid can do, it will cost much more than $16,000. You'll want summer tires and they are more expensive and don't last as long when it comes time to replace them. So $1,600 every 15-20k miles or so. Also, you might what the track package too. I'm sure it's really fun, just didn't see the need as long range is over a second quicker than my old P85.

What’s your take on a carbon vinyl wrap over the wood internally? Will it look cheap? Picked one up on TWraps.

I purchased the kit in Jan... "Anticipation buying". I unboxed my mats about 2-3 weeks ago and they have been sitting in one of my empty rooms getting the bends out of them. A thought came across my mind... if I were to get a refreshed model with a front bumper camera and interior refresh to the point that the kit I bought didn't fit... honestly I would even be mad. I prefer the CF look over the ebony wood. I guess I'll find out when after I take delivery of my MSLR/SG/Ebony Interior/19" Wheels/Steering Wheel/FSD EDD:
Screenshot 2024-03-03 094924-1.png
I'm past the point of return on the kit so I would be up to selling it at a discounted price to someone who wants. It was the second 'accessory purchase' next to the mats. The larger the window of time... the more accessory shopping I've been doing... running out of stuff to buy but practicing patience.
rpm interior kit upgrade.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dsm363
I purchased the kit in Jan... "Anticipation buying". I unboxed my mats about 2-3 weeks ago and they have been sitting in one of my empty rooms getting the bends out of them. A thought came across my mind... if I were to get a refreshed model with a front bumper camera and interior refresh to the point that the kit I bought didn't fit... honestly I would even be mad. I prefer the CF look over the ebony wood. I guess I'll find out when after I take delivery of my MSLR/SG/Ebony Interior/19" Wheels/Steering Wheel/FSD EDD: View attachment 1024151I'm past the point of return on the kit so I would be up to selling it at a discounted price to someone who wants. It was the second 'accessory purchase' next to the mats. This the larger the window of time... the more accessory shopping I've been doing... running out of stuff to buy but practicing patience.
Haha, we’re exactly the same. I’ve gotten all accessories and my mats have been in my office out of the box for weeks. Lol

I just got a text that if I don’t schedule delivery of my Model S by tomorrow, they are going to release my reservation.

I’m strongly considering letting it go and then reordering in a couple of days. Tesla website still says delivery in March for new custom orders. I would like the refreshed changes but want to make sure I don’t wait too long to void FSD transfer. If I release my car then reorder in a couple of days, will they just rematch me with the same car if it hasn’t been sold?

I’ve read on Reddit that Tesla plans to honor the FSD transfer even if it gets delivered after March 31 if the original estimated delivery date was in March.

I think it’s worth the risk. Any opinions/advice?

Last edited:
I purchased the kit in Jan... "Anticipation buying". I unboxed my mats about 2-3 weeks ago and they have been sitting in one of my empty rooms getting the bends out of them. A thought came across my mind... if I were to get a refreshed model with a front bumper camera and interior refresh to the point that the kit I bought didn't fit... honestly I would even be mad. I prefer the CF look over the ebony wood. I guess I'll find out when after I take delivery of my MSLR/SG/Ebony Interior/19" Wheels/Steering Wheel/FSD EDD: View attachment 1024151I'm past the point of return on the kit so I would be up to selling it at a discounted price to someone who wants. It was the second 'accessory purchase' next to the mats. The larger the window of time... the more accessory shopping I've been doing... running out of stuff to buy but practicing patience.
View attachment 1024153
Again... Ordered Dec. 8th, No VIN yet (meaning that VIN assigned, which is the date the car was manufactured)... which to me says that the vehicle is still in production but also begs the question of how those who ordered after Dec. 8th are getting their VIN earlier than me. How does their config differ from mine? Did they purchase FSD/Was it a transfer/or opt not to purchase FSD?... My patience is now rooted in the hope of 'the rumor' as there are other vehicles available with the same configuration that match my config ordered on Dec. 8th in my area... within 50 miles. I was not matched with these vehicles.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
I just got a text that if I don’t schedule delivery of my Model S by tomorrow, they are going to release my reservation.

I’m strongly considering letting it go and then reordering in a couple of days. Tesla website still says delivery in March for new custom orders. I would like the refreshed changes but want to make sure I don’t wait too long to void FSD transfer. If I release my car then reorder in a couple of days, will they just rematch me with the same car if it hasn’t been sold?

I’ve read on Reddit that Tesla plans to honor the FSD transfer even if it gets delivered after March 31 if the original estimated delivery date was in March.

I think it’s worth the risk. Any opinions/advice?
Yes, they will rematch you with the same car if it hasn’t been matched to another order. That said, there is a decent chance your VIN will match to someone else’s order placed within the last month or so. If you want to be sure, you could schedule delivery and then reject the car. That’s not something I personally would do, but it’s an option, no judgment. Alternatively, join the $250 club and reorder and roll the dice on the alleged new features.

I mean, I floored it pretty often. Every time I'd like up at a red light, first in line... I'd lift at the speed limit, though. Which would come before I'd even crossed the intersection.

• Love
Reactions: cwanja and Yelobird

Do not do it. The ‘cuts’ in the wood will make the vinyl wrap look like trash. Recall someone doing it in 2021 or 2022 and it came out awful.

To those that have their Plaids and floor it and enjoy it - beyond happy for you. That’s why you get that model. The last point I forgot to add was simply if cost is not a barrier for you, go for the Plaid. You likely won’t regret it.

Yes, they will rematch you with the same car if it hasn’t been matched to another order. That said, there is a decent chance your VIN will match to someone else’s order placed within the last month or so. If you want to be sure, you could schedule delivery and then reject the car. That’s not something I personally would do, but it’s an option, no judgment. Alternatively, join the $250 club and reorder and roll the dice on the alleged new features.
Another option is to ask for a 2 week hold
Do not do it. The ‘cuts’ in the wood will make the vinyl wrap look like trash. Recall someone doing it in 2021 or 2022 and it came out awful.

To those that have their Plaids and floor it and enjoy it - beyond happy for you. That’s why you get that model. The last point I forgot to add was simply if cost is not a barrier for you, go for the Plaid. You likely won’t regret it.
Dang, there goes that $100. Maybe I’ll just go with the Plaid or the RPM Tesla option.