Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that it matters to most, but it makes me feel a little better. I just sorted the spreadsheet on VIN Date and filtered for California and out of 18 cars destined for California, only one had entered production - and that one was early April. So I still think "local" delivery will take last place during this production cycle.

I agree. From my calculations I'm guessing mine will go into production on May 14th. HOPEFULLY

Added my 70D order to the Apr/May/June sheet. I'm keeping a very close eye on refresh progress and any other white cars that might also be entering production. So far I don't even have a VIN but I'm expecting that to change any day now.

Side note, I haven't been contacted regarding any upgrade upselling yet but (70->75 or high amperage charger) and even though I don't think I'll bite, I'll be slightly disappointed if I'm not at least asked :)

Added my 70D order to the Apr/May/June sheet. I'm keeping a very close eye on refresh progress and any other white cars that might also be entering production. So far I don't even have a VIN but I'm expecting that to change any day now.

Side note, I haven't been contacted regarding any upgrade upselling yet but (70->75 or high amperage charger) and even though I don't think I'll bite, I'll be slightly disappointed if I'm not at least asked :)

Are you expecting delivery by June? I believe you have to add to whichever tab you are expecting delivery.

Congrats on the switch.

Considering you just switched a couple weeks ago, you seem to be on track.

Although you had a Model X reservation, that wouldn't have any bearing on a new custom Model S order going into their system.

Unfortunately looks like you'll have to wait along with the rest of us.

What we're your reasons for changing from the X to the S?

In the back of my mind, I was hoping for a little preference since I had already been waiting since Jan. for the X, but that's ok, I will wait my turn.

Here's my story:
Yesterday I made the decision to make the switch to the Model S. I had reserved a black Model X 75d, 6 seater, in October, 2015 and confirmed in January. About 2 months ago, I visited Tesla dealership for a Model X Q&A session and saw a red Model S. I loved it! After reading several threads about the gull wing doors and being concerned about the battery capacity, and really liking the body of the Model S, I decided to make the switch to Model S 90d. Yes, I have 3 boys but they fit great in the backseat. Usually it is just the 4 of us in my car and if it's the 5 of us then we take my husband's SUV.

In the back of my mind, I was hoping for a little preference since I had already been waiting since Jan. for the X, but that's ok, I will wait my turn.

Here's my story:
Yesterday I made the decision to make the switch to the Model S. I had reserved a black Model X 75d, 6 seater, in October, 2015 and confirmed in January. About 2 months ago, I visited Tesla dealership for a Model X Q&A session and saw a red Model S. I loved it! After reading several threads about the gull wing doors and being concerned about the battery capacity, and really liking the body of the Model S, I decided to make the switch to Model S 90d. Yes, I have 3 boys but they fit great in the backseat. Usually it is just the 4 of us in my car and if it's the 5 of us then we take my husband's SUV.

Personally, I like the Model S more than the Model X. But that's just my preference. And since they are similarly priced, I'm glad I went with the S.

Keep us posted on when you go into production, etc.

I am thinking... are they batch producing the P90D and DL and that is why I seemed to be getting passed over?
The wait is unbearable yet fun.

I don't see why they would batch P90DLs separately from P90Ds, the only difference between the two is some firmware. I believe all 90 battery packs have the higher capacity fuse needed for Ludicrous mode, even the 90D.

Not that it matters to most, but it makes me feel a little better. I just sorted the spreadsheet on VIN Date and filtered for California and out of 18 cars destined for California, only one had entered production - and that one was early April. So I still think "local" delivery will take last place during this production cycle.

I agree with you. Last month my DS said my VIN 1393xxx was slated for May 30th production. When asked how he knew so far in advance, he indicated only that CA are 'reliable deliveries'. I didn't get it but reliable quarterly metrics might be more accurate.

Soooooooo what if us CA reliable deliveries suddenly became the reliable CA "I might be on vacation that week so can't take delivery" deliveries? Leather jackets for all!! LOL

So here is the deal, I need HELP! I ordered a 75 model S on 4/14 - confirmed on 4/21. I'm late may - June to Buena Park, California. VIN 1407XX My birthday is on June 2nd so I for sure want to get my car before then. My DS is telling me I'll get it at the beginning of June. I'm wondering if I should fly to Fremont and pick my car up on my birthday (June 2nd). Do you guys think I can pull it off? Or maybe it won't be done in time? Will it save a couple days off my Delievery date? My DS wants me to decide on 5/20. So Buena Park or Fremont?!?

Last edited:
So here is the deal, I need HELP! I order a 75 model S on 4/14 - confirmed on 4/21. I'm late may - June to Buena Park, California. VIN 1407XX My birthday is on June 2nd so I for sure want to get my car before then. My DS is telling me I'll get it at the beginning of June. I'm wondering if I should fly to Fremont and pick my car up on my birthday (June 2nd). Do you guys think I can pull it off? Or maybe it won't be done in time? Will it save a couple days off my Delievery date? My DS wants me to decide on 5/20. So Buena Park or Fremont?!?
My DS says Costs Mesa delivery vs Freemont pickup won't change the date.

How does it not change the date? The car had to travel 400 miles! Lol

My DS told me the same thing. I have to turn in my lease car on the 15th, and hoping I don't have to rent a car or split car time with my wife. I asked my DS if I could fly up to Fremont, catch a factory tour, pickup my car and have my first road trip back down to Orange County. He said that he would be glad to coordinate a tour, but it wouldn't shorten my delivery date. I can't see how picking up the at factory wouldn't take at least a couple of days off the delivery.

My DS told me the same thing. I have to turn in my lease car on the 15th, and hoping I don't have to rent a car or split car time with my wife. I asked my DS if I could fly up to Fremont, catch a factory tour, pickup my car and have my first road trip back down to Orange County. He said that he would be glad to coordinate a tour, but it wouldn't shorten my delivery date. I can't see how picking up the at factory wouldn't take at least a couple of days off the delivery.
Right?!? I think the same thing. I just checked past delieveries to LA and OC and on average it took 4 days. The average picking it up at the factory is about 3-4 days. Kind of funny and strange. But I guess so many people pick up from the factory I would guess it's backed up a little bit. Kind of disappointing...[/QUOTE]