Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is why the Yoke Steering Wheel is a must for me, as it blocks nothing. Don’t understand why people don’t get the Yoke. Absolutely love it and makes the Model S feel so much more modern and so easy to use after putting 49,000 miles on my Model S in all different driving conditions.

Love the dash display too, just wish Tesla would add Album Art and other options to it. One reason, why I would not get a Model 3 is that it has no dash/drivers infotainment system. Every other car in the Model S class does, just wish they had Yoke options too. Lol. 🙂
I had the yoke on my previous Plaid and it was fine. But, I wasn't about to pay $1000 more for it, especially with all the quality issues. I didn't notice the wheel blocks the speed limit sign when I test drove the car.

I had the yoke on my previous Plaid and it was fine. But, I wasn't about to pay $1000 more for it, especially with all the quality issues. I didn't notice the wheel blocks the speed limit sign when I test drove the car.

Agreed. The wheel doesn't block any of the screen for me. I don't notice that its any different than it was in my P85D.

Reactions: RyanC1384
I actually wish the S didn't have a dash display. You can't see it anyway, the wheel blocks a good portion of it. The 3 is much more open feeling and spacious with bigger glass. I had a model 3 for 3 years and S's for 5 years. It really isn't a big deal with the speed over on the main screen. Your eyes have to make a saccade anyway to look at the dash down, it takes the same amount of time to look down and right. I agree it is cost savings and being cheap...

Test drive the new highland 3, I think the suspension is as good as the model S suspension.
The suspension in 3 is harsh over bumps potholes, ect. S is way easier on my back. And I am only 5'6" and see 100% of the front dash screen through the wide open steering wheel. I guess if you are 7 feet tall and looking down and have the steering wheel adjusted wrong and too high, it might block your view.

The suspension in 3 is harsh over bumps potholes, ect. S is way easier on my back. And I am only 5'6" and see 100% of the front dash screen through the wide open steering wheel. I guess if you are 7 feet tall and looking down and have the steering wheel adjusted wrong and too high, it might block your view.

I'm 5'10" and could also see the dash display easily though the wheel on the Model S I test drove, but I'll be going yoke anyway.

Last edited:
I guess its very individual if the wheel blocks the display. I have no issue with it.

Its a real shame you can’t get wood in the plaid. I must be in a small minority that loves wood in the interior.

Anyone know ballpark what 22 plaid with 8k miles would be worth? I’m considering selling and ordering a new one. I always regretted getting white and want black. Even with all the issues with the model S the plaid is dominant on the street. Being in anything slower would be a downgrade.

I guess its very individual if the wheel blocks the display. I have no issue with it.

Its a real shame you can’t get wood in the plaid. I must be in a small minority that loves wood in the interior.

Anyone know ballpark what 22 plaid with 8k miles would be worth? I’m considering selling and ordering a new one. I always regretted getting white and want black. Even with all the issues with the model S the plaid is dominant on the street. Being in anything slower would be a downgrade.
Try givemethevin.com for a quick price offer.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Make sure you drive the highland model 3. The old model 3 suspension was harsh. The new highland model 3 suspension felt much better. Perhaps even smoother than my Plaid.

I'm only 5'9", but the display is blocked for me. I think because I want the steering wheel adjusted to point towards my chest so that my arms aren't reaching way up to the wheel. It wouldn't be blocked if I put the seat all the way down and the wheel all the way up. I have the seat almost all the way down.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Jason, the Sales Advisor that I have dealt with in Franklin, TN for my last three purchases since 2021, and who was consistently ranked by Tesla in the top 10 in the region, was one of those laid off.

They don't seem to be laying off only those of low productivity.
Perhaps, at Tesla, they let the "Cream Rise to the Top"....where it is skimmed off at the next downsizing.

And just like that, got an email right now confirming changes for my MSP that I didn't make - they updated the order to the sports seats automatically and my EDD range now changed from 4/19-5/24 ---> 4/25-5/16. So, like a lot of folks have experienced in the past, the EDD time window has shrunk getting closer towards delivery. No VIN!

Edit: The price also just dropped by $2K. PERFECT TIMING!

Last edited:
And just like that, got an email right now confirming changes for my MSP that I didn't make - they updated the order to the sports seats automatically and my EDD range now changed from 4/19-5/24 ---> 4/25-5/16. So, like a lot of folks have experienced in the past, the EDD time window has shrunk getting closer towards delivery. No VIN!

Edit: The price also just dropped by $2K. PERFECT TIMING!

And they started charging for colors again for those of us with earlier orders that used to have that included. UR cars are USD 500 more, in sum, for example.
Given that they are continuing to honor FSD transfer and negating the need for EAP, etc. no complaints from me as I’m still way ahead of what I would have been

Last edited:
And they started charging for colors again for those of us with earlier orders that used to have that included. UR cars are USD 500 more, in sum, for example.
Given that they are continuing to honor FSD transfer and negating the need for EAP, etc. no complaints from me as I’m still way ahead of what I would have been
That’s a good point. I don’t have any transfers, so I actually also dropped EAP from my order so I could just subscribe for $99. Hopefully that price sticks around for a while as right now it made no sense for me to pay $6k or $12k upfront.

A couple of questions
1. After I took delivery found that the gearshift icons in the center console does not work - it worked for some time after a reboot and went back to not working - the service tech is coming in and replacing it but in the meantime wanted to find out if there is something I should be doing

2. Any concerns on driving in rain as it relates to the battery damage

Reactions: zoomer0056
A couple of questions
1. After I took delivery found that the gearshift icons in the center console does not work - it worked for some time after a reboot and went back to not working - the service tech is coming in and replacing it but in the meantime wanted to find out if there is something I should be doing

As your asking about driving in the rain (never any issue) you might consider reading the manual. Very helpful for a technology car.

Last edited:
A couple of questions

The gearshift icons in the center console only work when the gearshift on the screen does not work. So when you reset and the main screen is black for a short time, the icons in the center console are on. As soon the main screen is on again, the center icons are off again.