Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m

You can’t drive car to check wind noise or vibrations before accepting delivery
We owned our S for 3 months and been having a wind noise issue at the passenger front since day 1. Tesla has offered to repurchase the vehicle after trying to fix the issue with multiple repairs that included the mirror, fixed glass on the mirror, door seal, bright work, and the windshield. I’m on the fence if I should get another one or the cybertruck 😬

We owned our S for 3 months and been having a wind noise issue at the passenger front since day 1. Tesla has offered to repurchase the vehicle after trying to fix the issue with multiple repairs that included the mirror, fixed glass on the mirror, door seal, bright work, and the windshield. I’m on the fence if I should get another one or the cybertruck 😬
Our S has exact same issue, wind noise in front passenger side.
Service agents refuse to even acknowledge this and dismiss it as totally normal "wind rattle"

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Ordered a MYP end of May w/.99% and cancelled this am. Ordered a MSP in LS, Yoke, blk/wh and 19’s.

Last Tesla was ‘18 S after coming from Porsche and thought then it was best car ever.

IMG_1218.jpeg

Est June delivery. Any idea what the actuals have been lately?

Another day into my delivery window with no updates. But went with a friend to pickup his Cybertruck. They say there’s no demand for Tesla and vehicles are piling up on lots, yet there’s a freaking line for pickup like iPhone launch day. No demand my arse!
View attachment 1056064
Could also just be reflective of there being much less staff to deal with customers (due to layoffs). The sales numbers and constant incentives do show the demand has in fact fallen.

Could also just be reflective of there being much less staff to deal with customers (due to layoffs). The sales numbers and constant incentives do show the demand has in fact fallen.

They use three large lots to process cars, like an assembly line. Model X vehicles are being used to shuttle customers to cars for delivery. The place is buzzing with activity, with Tesla employees shuttling cars from a remote lot to the delivery center.

While my friend was looking over his Cybertruck, at least three other families picked up cars from the small area we were in. I'd guess they are delivering more than 25 cars an hour across the center.

When I spoke with a Delivery Advisor on Sunday, he said they were impacted by layoffs but were keeping up. He did say that was not the case everywhere. Everyone I encountered Sunday and yesterday had a great attitude despite what I am sure were long hours.

It's not a lack of demand, a staff shortage, or the lying legacy media or activist Delaware judges being successful at taking Tesla and Elon down; it's Tesla thriving despite all that.

Last edited:
More Evidence from a follower on 𝕏.

“I stopped by one of the delivery centers in Montreal recently on a Tuesday evening at 6:30 and there was a line up out the door for people taking delivery. Massive parking lot full of new cars and at least 3 or 4 employees shuffling cars to their new owners. It was impressive”

Or don’t believe your lying eyes! 🤣

More Evidence from a follower on 𝕏.

“I stopped by one of the delivery centers in Montreal recently on a Tuesday evening at 6:30 and there was a line up out the door for people taking delivery. Massive parking lot full of new cars and at least 3 or 4 employees shuffling cars to their new owners. It was impressive”

Or don’t believe your lying eyes! 🤣
Man you fanboys are something else. A service center or two being busy does not trump data. We know sales have fallen, we know inventory is piling up, we know Tesla is constantly dishing out incentives in a failing attempt to move inventory. But nope, a delivery center has a line of 10 people, so Tesla must have no demand issues whatsoever.

Man you fanboys are something else. A service center or two being busy does not trump data. We know sales have fallen, we know inventory is piling up, we know Tesla is constantly dishing out incentives in a failing attempt to move inventory. But nope, a delivery center has a line of 10 people, so Tesla must have no demand issues whatsoever.
Auto sales and demand have slowed period, it’s not a Tesla thing. It’s a result of the poor economy and high interest rates. I’ll bookmark this, and we shall come back after Q2 delivery numbers for further discussion once we have the facts, TSLAQ.

Auto sales and demand have slowed period, it’s not a Tesla thing. It’s a result of the poor economy and high interest rates. I’ll bookmark this, and we shall come back after Q2 delivery numbers for further discussion once we have the facts, TSLAQ.
Car sales have actually grown overall year over year. Rate of growth has slowed tremendously, but they did grow. Including other EVs. Tesla is the the major one who saw sales fall.

painless pick up and experience!

Car was spotless clean, no noticeable gaps, everything in the car, and holy crap what an upgrade from my 2018 MS 100D. Can't wait to see at night.

Love the new seats, love the solid feel of the car, the power, the paint color. Love having sentry mode, turn cameras, homelink, such a faster computer compared to the MSU2 I had. and the speed the speed. Very happy!~

Already started taking aero's off. Will be ordering second set of wheels with winter tires come the fall.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 1

Car was spotless clean, no noticeable gaps, everything in the car, and holy crap what an upgrade from my 2018 MS 100D. Can't wait to see at night.

Love the new seats, love the solid feel of the car, the power, the paint color. Love having sentry mode, turn cameras, homelink, such a faster computer compared to the MSU2 I had. and the speed the speed. Very happy!~

Already started taking aero's off. Will be ordering second set of wheels with winter tires come the fall.

Congratulations, looking great! 👏
From what I’ve gathered that’s 2 MSP’s delivered, 1 MXP delivered, and 1 MS pending delivery as far as Lunar Silver goes.

Reactions: TBrownTX

Beautiful! I’m coming from an ‘18 S also. When was your order date and what options if I may ask.

Bye Bye Tempests...that didn't take long to snap those ugly covers off and put on the $14 amazon center hole and lug covers....

my only issue now is the seatback covers I got to protect from my kids dirty feet don't fit. Need someone to make for the new sport seats.

Attachments

• IMG_4230 copy.jpeg
    IMG_4230 copy.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4231 copy.jpeg
    IMG_4231 copy.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 1
Bye Bye Tempests...that didn't take long to snap those ugly covers off and put on the $14 amazon center hole and lug covers....

my only issue now is the seatback covers I got to protect from my kids dirty feet don't fit. Need someone to make for the new sport seats.

IMO looks way better with the black covers

• Funny
Reactions: teko and TBrownTX