Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aero wheel covers.

These are real hubcaps:
1000032160.jpg

I don't know what you guys who like the cheap plastic hubcaps are smoking. The guy who took them off and put in the center caps, his wheels and breaks look 1000% better. So he loses 8 miles of range if he goes over 60 mph, who cares? You don't buy a $80K car to look like crap in order to save literally 1 cent per charge. Does anyone care if they get 398 miles instead of 402 miles per charge? The damn heater or AC uses way more miles.

I don't know what you guys who like the cheap plastic hubcaps are smoking. The guy who took them off and put in the center caps, his wheels and breaks look 1000% better. So he loses 8 miles of range if he goes over 60 mph, who cares? You don't buy a $80K car to look like crap in order to save literally 1 cent per charge. Does anyone care if they get 398 miles instead of 402 miles per charge? The damn heater or AC uses way more miles.
I'm not a fan of hubcaps, but the wheels underneath the hubcaps in question do not look like they belong to an "$80k car" IMO

I added some carbon fiber to my cheap plastic covers and I like them.

Attachments

• IMG_3361.jpeg
    IMG_3361.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 6
And here I sit like a chump on the sideline with my VIN sitting in the sun on the lot (post #102,805). Rockville MD refuses to deliver until seatbelt inspection and software update is done. Any ideas how to convince them otherwise? I think because the computer says so, it must be true, our hands are tied. Maybe they had to fire most of their deployment staff, but they're not saying that. Maybe it needs more repairs, but they're not saying that. When I visited mid-afternoon last week, there were zero deliveries happening. Weird.

I may be in the minority but i like the covers as they serve a purpose.
Yes, very much so. Remember, the top of wheel/tires are traveling at TWICE the road speed of your car, so at 70 mph the top is at 140 mph relative to the wind. And there are four tires/wheels, so it DOES have a drag impact.

Perhaps it's even more than suggested in this test (it was run on an oval and the impact of the wheel covers was partially muted by that variable):

Reactions: DBV1
And here I sit like a chump on the sideline with my VIN sitting in the sun on the lot (post #102,805). Rockville MD refuses to deliver until seatbelt inspection and software update is done. Any ideas how to convince them otherwise? I think because the computer says so, it must be true, our hands are tied. Maybe they had to fire most of their deployment staff, but they're not saying that. Maybe it needs more repairs, but they're not saying that. When I visited mid-afternoon last week, there were zero deliveries happening. Weird.

That is weird, but I feel you. My car arrived at the local train yard almost a week ago, yet no sign of it at the local SC as of yet. I did see a MSP prepped for delivery last evening, so some are getting out. My delivery dates have been pushed back about a week so far, and I have no idea what's going on. I'm hoping it's not some kind of transport related damage, but it's also possible there's just a lot of cars to move around and it's taking time.