Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here.

I'm an anomaly. I finalized my order June 11, but online told them that I wanted August delivery, that's when my current lease is up (end of July). I got my VIN almost immediately (148---) and got the "production cue" message. I also got August-Early September delivery on My Tesla. Just today my delivery date changed to "Late July-August" and I got the referral code, good for 90 days from today.

There's no way this car is coming in July, I'm in Chicago and it's the 18th. It would need to be on a truck this week to make it here. I haven't ever been notified that it's in production either. I'm optimistic I'm going to get it in August now, but even that could be dicey.

As I read through this thread and think about my own experience the bottom line seems to me to be that this company has no uniform process for delivering their product. It's a good thing for them that it's such a damn fine product or we would all be thinking "wtf??" and a siginificant percentage of us would tell them to stick their car up their tail pipes. Of course we're all giddy about getting this car so we hit refresh 1-100 times per day. Why isn't there even a standard way in which the messages about our cars are delivered?

This is such an interesting psychology experiment we're all a part of. I wish someone could explain the phenomenon to me in detail. I'm dying to get my car, so much so that I wish i had requested next available, screw the financial issue of owning 2 cars at the same time! OTOH the logical side of me says- "meh, big deal, it'll come when it comes". And yet, I check the My Tesla page at least 3 times each day.

No real point to this post, just some curious observations. :)

Help!!!
I need to cancel my MS order. I tied to cancel multiple times before it self-confirmed and now I have a VIN. How do I do this? How do I unwind.

(you don't need the details of why I MUST cease, but it is not anything except love I have for Tesla).

Was there a button somewhere on the Profile screen I missed - to say "confirm" or "not confirm"

Help!!!
I need to cancel my MS order. I tied to cancel multiple times before it self-confirmed and now I have a VIN. How do I do this? How do I unwind.

(you don't need the details of why I MUST cease, but it is not anything except love I have for Tesla).

Was there a button somewhere on the Profile screen I missed - to say "confirm" or "not confirm"
At this point you cannot get a refund. Did you call the Tesla 800 number?

Help!!!

Once confirmed, your deposit becomes non refundable. Might still want to call customer service.

Reactions: javawolfpack
I jumped up and down, sent emails, phone calls to every Tesla outlet I could find, starting 5 days before deadline, and yet the wheels moved on to "confirm". Did I miss a button somewhere?
Do you have records of the email and phone calls made before the deadline? If so, there is still a possibility that you can get your refund. Contact your OA or DS. You can also try calling Tesla directly.

My OS is the one who said he was processing the cancel order. My new DS is in the next office. I sent both the full email chain.
I really DO want the car, it is just that a very recent circumstance has me needing to (unhappily) go in new direction.

Edit= My OS just sent me an e-mail saying "no worries, it just takes awhile for MyTesla to reflect Cancel notice". Perhaps I panic too quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevek and Out4aDuck