Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from my DS that my car reached the Service Center this morning. We are planning on 2:00 pm Monday for pick up, provided that no issues are discovered during the PDI. He said that he's going to talk to the Service Manager this afternoon to get the PDI done this afternoon or tomorrow. He also said that he's going to follow up about the paperwork to get my finalized MVPA over to me & Alliant today or tomorrow.

Looks beautiful...How long did it take from production complete to delivery ?
I would like to tell you... but it looks like my name got deleted off the spreadsheet?

Anyways, I ordered on July 2nd, confirmed on the 9th, production on the 28th, in transit on the 4th, arrived in Dallas on the 7th(ish) and took delivery on th 10th. 90D, gray next gen, AP, premium. Hope this helps!!

I bought that tool that the one guy made the video on. The one you buy off Amazon. I tried and tried lastnight and could not get those two screws off at the bottom. I mean it was 11:30 at night but I'll try again today when it cools down.

I bought the same tool so I am interested in your (hopefully) successful update. Any chance you were trying to turn the screws the wrong way? From other people's stories that seemed fairly common since they are upside down which can make your normal instinct wrong.

Congrats, they said that the rear quarter panel was a different color, right? Let us know how it looks.
Yes, that is the story. However, there is no way that is true. If anyone has not seen the "how it's made" video, I highly recommend it. Based on the way it's painted and several rounds of inspection post paint, the story doesn't add up. I am sure my car had some kind of damage, most likely inflicted during transport. They most likely sent it to a body shop and had it fixed. I will poke and prod for the truth tomorrow. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad. . . as long as structural integrity is not compromised and they don't put it on my car fax report ;)

I'll post pics and updated info tomorrow!

So it looks like I moved from Production Queue to In Production. Does a delivery date usually immediately follow? Or, does it come later? Not sure if "In Production" truly means in production, or does it mean will be in production once a date is provided? So confused (and exhausted from hitting F5).

• Funny
Reactions: fallen888
So it looks like I moved from Production Queue to In Production. Does a delivery date usually immediately follow? Or, does it come later? Not sure if "In Production" truly means in production, or does it mean will be in production once a date is provided? So confused (and exhausted from hitting F5).

In production does indeed mean in production as far as I can tell. Going into production will not necessarily get you a refreshed date. I think I did get an updated date range after my car left production. That date range I got then seemed to be very conservative as I think I will get my car before even the earliest date they gave me in that first date range.

In production does indeed mean in production as far as I can tell. Going into production will not necessarily get you a refreshed date. I think I did get an updated date range after my car left production. That date range I got then seemed to be very conservative as I think I will get my car before even the earliest date they gave me in that first date range.

Yeah the only change is it says production vs production queue... my date range hasn't changed at the top but now says "First Available" under "Preferred Delivery" in the Pick Up section. It used to have the same date range as at the top in this section.

Doh! That actually makes sense. I assume it would update to a "Delivery Date" once the car is built. Ok back to F5. Thanks that makes me feel better :)

Reactions: javawolfpack