Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After what feels like forever waiting, once in production it goes quick. Looks like mine finished today with pickup August 14-21.

I ordered 11 days before you and haven't begun production yet. :-( picking up in SoCal.

My DS initially told me early September delivery so he knew of this timeline. I assumed it was the same timelines as everyone else though but it seems somethings holding my order back.

One theory is that maybe my service center /delivery center is too busy and is slowing their intake of cars. Maybe requesting cars shipped to them get delayed? If that's not the reason I don't know what is.

I visited the Costa Mesa service center and was told by the person who greeted me that they are the second busiest service center next to freemont. She said the average wait time for a service appointment is 1.5-2 months! She said even longer for complex issues.

Yeah following the spreadsheet doesn't help too much as production logic doesn't make sense. Presumably scheduling transportation is factored in to the schedule which we can't see. Living in the area, I do see trucks with Tesla's loaded for delivery on the roads every day.

Irrespective...the wait is painful!

I ordered 11 days before you and haven't begun production yet. :-( picking up in SoCal.

My DS initially told me early September delivery so he knew of this timeline. I assumed it was the same timelines as everyone else though but it seems somethings holding my order back.

One theory is that maybe my service center /delivery center is too busy and is slowing their intake of cars. Maybe requesting cars shipped to them get delayed? If that's not the reason I don't know what is.

I visited the Costa Mesa service center and was told by the person who greeted me that they are the second busiest service center next to freemont. She said the average wait time for a service appointment is 1.5-2 months! She said even longer for complex issues.

I have been toying with the idea of Fremont Delivery - but got a ton of pushback. You guys seem to be ahead of the curve.
So my pushback came as following: 1) Fremont delivery means you pay California sales tax, plus home state sales tax. 2) Fremont pickup means you pay $1200 delivery fee, even though the delivery is just the width of the parking lot. 3) Fremont delivery does not guarantee a factory tour. If you want a tour, Owner or not, just schedule the tour and don't try to do both the same time.

So what am I missing? how are you justifying a Fremont pickup? Are my pushbacks just a myth?

It's been 42 days since I confirmed. Mytesla Page still has delivery window says 8/20-93. At first I thought it seemed long then I compared to others on spread sheet and only see 14 others who took longer (I assume there are some longer who haven't yet received their cars but I sorted by "days from confirm to delivery" column). Assuming it's the first day in the date range that's 56 days which would be 6th worst on the spreadsheet, WTF?. Now I won't have any guilty pestering DS,
Also, when I finalized the last of my financing with Alliance (also all my check marks are green and balance $0 on MyTesla page) the Alliant guy mentioned the 26th is my date I asked him if that was accurate and he kinda walked it back, saying he may have been confusing me with someone else??

He probably knows and is right I guess? I can't take the wait anymore!!!!!

It's been 42 days since I confirmed. Mytesla Page still has delivery window says 8/20-93. At first I thought it seemed long then I compared to others on spread sheet and only see 14 others who took longer (I assume there are some longer who haven't yet received their cars but I sorted by "days from confirm to delivery" column). Assuming it's the first day in the date range that's 56 days which would be 6th worst on the spreadsheet, WTF?. Now I won't have any guilty pestering DS,
Also, when I finalized the last of my financing with Alliance (also all my check marks are green and balance $0 on MyTesla page) the Alliant guy mentioned the 26th is my date I asked him if that was accurate and he kinda walked it back, saying he may have been confusing me with someone else??

He probably knows and is right I guess? I can't take the wait anymore!!!!!

Are you in production?

I know this is all roumor mill but does this have anything to with many orders being pushed out by several weeks ?
Tesla Autopilot 2.0: next gen Autopilot powered by more radar, new triple camera, some equipment already in production
Based on the spreadsheet most of the orders until June took 14 days or less to go into production from confirmation. Since mid July things got pushed out to 3 to 4 weeks for confirmation to production.
Could be and if I get better equipment that's cool, doesn't make the wait any less painful now though.

Day 2 of 10 on my vacation.

Delivery window on MyTesla states 8/13-8/19 expected delivery.

I hope this times perfectly for a nice way to end the vacation.
What are you doing on this forum while in vacation. That too with a car sitting in service center, you have nothing to worry but enjoy the vacation and come back to receive the planet saving automobile.

Reactions: javawolfpack
I live near Fremont. If I didn't I'd just pick up at a service center. The only pro to picking it up in Fremont is a road trip going home with the car :)

Will post more tomorrow, just made it home from picking up at Fremont, and definitely makes for a fun road trip home after picking up :) Also managed to get added to a tour last minute as some folks cancelled. So hurried didn't get photos w/ the car in the delivery bay... but still great experience overall!! Only bad thing today was discovering my home builder installed I think it's a NEMA 14-30 outlet and not at NEMA 14-50 outlet when the house was built... so I have no fast way to charge my Tesla at home now :( Nearby wall outlet but that only charges at 4mi/hr... Sent a very terse email to the builder & their realtor as really frustrating to discover... didn't realize I needed to double check all their wiring/electrical. And I knew a NEMA 14-50 outlet had 4 prongs but not the specific shapes so didn't take a closer look at the outlet before now either.

Reactions: Hazelwood
Woohoo! Jealous! That's s bummer about the wiring, though I'm sure that can be fixed. Not ideal but Sierra Nevada has chargers and check plugshare as I remember reading about one business that has a Tesla charger (you can call ahead if I remember right). So at least you have short term options.

Enjoy the car!

Will post more tomorrow, just made it home from picking up at Fremont, and definitely makes for a fun road trip home after picking up :) Also managed to get added to a tour last minute as some folks cancelled. So hurried didn't get photos w/ the car in the delivery bay... but still great experience overall!! Only bad thing today was discovering my home builder installed I think it's a NEMA 14-30 outlet and not at NEMA 14-50 outlet when the house was built... so I have no fast way to charge my Tesla at home now :( Nearby wall outlet but that only charges at 4mi/hr... Sent a very terse email to the builder & their realtor as really frustrating to discover... didn't realize I needed to double check all their wiring/electrical. And I knew a NEMA 14-50 outlet had 4 prongs but not the specific shapes so didn't take a closer look at the outlet before now either.

@Hazelwood thanks!! You'll be there soon!! And know the business you are talking about, might hit them up... but think I'll go see if the campus chargers work, as can park on campus for free tomorrow & I know if I could get one of their reserved EV spots the charging is apparently free. And can park in them tomorrow so possibly get some charge while I get brunch with a past student :)