Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9-12
confirmed 9-19
queued for production 9-19
VIN 108569 assigned 9-20

90D Midnight Silver Metallic
White Headliner
Grey next gen seats
Matte Obeche Decor
Premium Interior
Air Suspension
Pano Sunroof
UHF Sound
Autopilot
19" Wheels

SUPER excited for my Late October-November Delivery.. You could say I'm a bit of a Tesla fan (see right arm in photo)...
View attachment 95051
Great name, and tat.

New member! - been stalking the site for several weeks now and finally thought I would chime in. 85D ordered and confirmed. Never been more excited for something in my entire life! Just got some info from my DS and thought I would share.

Ordered 9/11
Confirmed 9/18
Queued for Production 9/19
VIN assigned 9/19 - 108419 (right there with a couple other recent posts!)

85D Midnight Silver Metallic
Black Headliner
Premium Interior
Grey Next Gen Seats
Piano Black
Pano Roof
Air Suspension
UHF Sound
Autopilot
Rear jump seats
19" Cyclone Wheels

Delivery estimate is late October. I just got an email from my DS saying that it would probably be a couple weeks before my Tesla entered production. That seems like a lot longer window of time compared to other recent posts, but does line up with my estimated delivery date. For what that's worth.

The anticipation is KILLING me!

New member! - been stalking the site for several weeks now and finally thought I would chime in. 85D ordered and confirmed. Never been more excited for something in my entire life! Just got some info from my DS and thought I would share.

Ordered 9/11
Confirmed 9/18
Queued for Production 9/19
VIN assigned 9/19 - 108419 (right there with a couple other recent posts!)

85D Midnight Silver Metallic
Black Headliner
Premium Interior
Grey Next Gen Seats
Piano Black
Pano Roof
Air Suspension
UHF Sound
Autopilot
Rear jump seats
19" Cyclone Wheels

Delivery estimate is late October. I just got an email from my DS saying that it would probably be a couple weeks before my Tesla entered production. That seems like a lot longer window of time compared to other recent posts, but does line up with my estimated delivery date. For what that's worth.

The anticipation is KILLING me!
Did you try and edit your preferred delivery time to say "First available"? I did and it took weeks off.

P90D

Ordered 8/18
Confirmed 8/23 #103731
In Production 9/1
Said goodbye to my P85 9/1
Production Complete 9/11
In transit (to Rockville, MD) 9/14
Arrives in Rockville 9/21 (seven days across country!)
Pick up "Nikki" and take him home to my garage! 9/24

Start to finish a little over 5 weeks....

I thought I chose that option when I first made my order, but I don't see that selection available anymore on My Tesla. Is there a way to check/edit that after confirmed?

I went and changed that at the moment I put down my deposit IIRC. I had a MyTesla account, and a previously designed Model S, but had not paid the deposit yet. So it was showing a late-October delivery, just like the main design studio.
But once I paid the deposit, I was able to go change that setting in the delivery address section.
Hope this helps clarify.

Mine just finished production yesterday and says in transit, I bet they'll arrive on the same truck. Haven't heard from DS yet.

Just got referred from the Chicago region DS to a 'local' DS yesterday, but haven't heard from him yet (Nathan). MyTesla now reflects with status "being prepared for pickup or delivery". Do you see the same, @sbradbury? Delighted they'll get us in for Q3.

Just got referred from the Chicago region DS to a 'local' DS yesterday, but haven't heard from him yet (Nathan). MyTesla now reflects with status "being prepared for pickup or delivery". Do you see the same, @sbradbury? Delighted they'll get us in for Q3.

Yes mine says being prepared for pickup now, and I heard from Nathan last night that it should arrive shortly. I'm expecting to schedule pickup for Friday possibly or early next week.

Delivered today! If you get the chance the factory tour was awesome. Got to see some X's being built!

Update: 9/10/15 Your model S is being prepared for Pickup or Delivery. Of course my DS is out till next Monday. How long does this step usually take? I'll be picking it up at the factory....

Thanks,
Eric

Latest: Tesla site showing

Estimated Delivery

September 12, 2015 - September 19, 2015

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 167
What's the next status message after "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California."? I find myself checking the MyTesla page about every 2 hours looking for an update. Does the above mean the vehicle is being built, or just in queue to BE built?

Now I remember what it was like at the age of 6 laying in bed Christmas Eve!

Last edited:
What's the next status message after "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California."? I find myself checking the MyTesla page about every 2 hours looking for an update. Does the above mean the vehicle is being built, or just in queue to BE built?

Now I remember what it was like at the age of 6 lying in bed Christmas Eve!

That!^^^^^

Yes mine says the same. I heard form Nathan last night that it should arrive any day (I assume it arrived today), and then they just need to go over it before I schedule a pickup. Probably Friday/Monday.

Now I remember what it was like at the age of 6 laying in bed Christmas Eve!
Next one is "In production"! Your current status means they are sourcing parts for production. You should see your VIN show up shortly. :)