Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for today at 3pm! :) I'm about to officially join the family!

I drove my their today and they had a ton of new cars dropped off.

- - - Updated - - -

Delivery was made today at 3pm. What an amazing day! She's absolutely beautiful...and I'm so happy with my options / colors. It's just gorgeous. For those that are concerned that 70D is not "fast enough" you are NUTS. Yes, I know, a P90DL would be, well, Ludicrous but I'm so happy with the 70D. I love that the acceleration from a stop is just as impressive as the acceleration from starting at 30 or 50. It's awesome.

So happy to be a part of the family.

Post some pics.

They didn't prep the exterior (at my request) because my paint correction guy asked them not to. He's coming on Monday to correct and opticoat, so I'm going to resist the temptation to drive her this weekend. It's going to be difficult.

Here are a few delivery shots. I think the rear end of this car is so aggressive. Really impressive.

IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG

Does anybody not get paint protection? I'm expecting delivery just before Christmas and planning a winter road trip just after. No time to get anything like that done.

I may at some point but not immediately. Once I get my car I'll shop around for the opti coat vs xpel in my area and maybe do it in batches over time. With xp xpel for example I'd do front bumper and hood, then fenders eventually etc working my way back. My car I have now in 20k miles and 2 years only has ever gotten a couple small chips because I keep my distance from other vehicles and will do the same with my 85d.

All you guys in NA are so lucky; for us in Europe, the wait is about 3 months from time of order even though cars for our market are mixed with yours on the prod line; mine, for example, was confirmed on Oct 19 but I shall not get it till about 20 Jan. Because of EU customs duty, which is higher for cars than for parts, our cars are dismantled after production and shipped in bits. They go in containers by rail to the east coast, then by sea to Holland where they are reassembled and sent on to the destination. I'm amazed that all the right parts get there and that the cars are good when we eventually get them. So count your blessings!

Just went into my 7th day into production... my Tesla page doesn't even give me a delivery estimate anymore.... :crying:
People talk about range anxiety, but I think it's the delivery anxiety that is killing me!

This is normal, I got the delivery estimate posted only when the production was complete, which took 8 or 9 days. Same day got a call from the DS to schedule pick up. So no worries, it will happen soon. Best to spend your time preparing other things, like the outlet, paint protection, garage, etc.

All you guys in NA are so lucky; for us in Europe, the wait is about 3 months from time of order even though cars for our market are mixed with yours on the prod line; mine, for example, was confirmed on Oct 19 but I shall not get it till about 20 Jan. Because of EU customs duty, which is higher for cars than for parts, our cars are dismantled after production and shipped in bits. They go in containers by rail to the east coast, then by sea to Holland where they are reassembled and sent on to the destination. I'm amazed that all the right parts get there and that the cars are good when we eventually get them. So count your blessings!

Wow, that is tough! We are very lucky, especially us in the Bay Area (I won't tell you how quick I was able to go pick up mine. At the factory...)
I guess we would have similar challenges in ordering a European car, if Tesla was a European maker with the same unique approach as they do now.

We took delivery on 11/25 from the factory. I did find one scratch but they were able to buff it out no problem. Loved the delivery experience and such as well.

Jeff

Nice dog in your member pic. A Golden? Looks like mine.
Just to keep it on topic, my 90D is in production now. It goes to nearest SC, in Vancouver, BC., then on to a truck for my place. My DS said that they would make every effort to get it on the last Alberta bound truck of the year, departing Vancouver Dec 21. I am counting the days.

Mike

as mentioned, my delivery isn't until this-coming Wednesday (~141hrs from now, but who's counting?), but was as the SC today for my trade-in inspection and to talk to my DS and service dept. Very impressed so far with the staff I spoke to there. Plus got to see my new MS which arrived by truck last night!

The SC parking lot probably had about 25+ new Model S waiting for delivery prep & detailing - not just for Vancouver but apparently all Western Canada. So any of you in BC/AB/SK/MB expecting delivery soon, maybe I saw your car today. A few quick photos of my Deep Blue 70D:
View attachment 102248View attachment 102249View attachment 102250

That is one crammed parking lot full of Teslas. Yhey definitely need to have a bigger lot and more customer parks ng because there is no parking allowed on Powell nor in the alley. I hope the new Vancouver store in Kitsilano will accomadate more cars and maybe have a SC too.

f-stop that is a nice colour...same as mine but on my Monroney sticker it says Ocean Blue Metallic even though it is still deep blue metallic on the configuator. Congrats on the soon to be new car and continuous smiles. Still waiting for our Multi Coat Red to finish production that started Nov 19th and possibly delivery in 2nd/3rd week of Dec just in time for Xmas.

That is one crammed parking lot full of Teslas. Yhey definitely need to have a bigger lot and more customer parks ng because there is no parking allowed on Powell nor in the alley. I hope the new Vancouver store in Kitsilano will accomadate more cars and maybe have a SC too.

f-stop that is a nice colour...same as mine but on my Monroney sticker it says Ocean Blue Metallic even though it is still deep blue metallic on the configuator. Congrats on the soon to be new car and continuous smiles. Still waiting for our Multi Coat Red to finish production that started Nov 19th and possibly delivery in 2nd/3rd week of Dec just in time for Xmas.

thanks! yeah, a sight to see - I'm use to spotting maybe 4 or 5 MS driving around town some days, but wasn't expecting to see so many at once.
the few photos I posted only show about half the parking lot! there were also a bunch of customer's cars there getting their seat belts checked so the lot was very busy.

The Vancouver Service Centre will move to the new building at 4th/Fir and it will also be the main store, I'm told (I've been by the building many times). They will also do some local deliveries there, but the Powell location will remain to handle most deliveries for all of Western Canada. Hard to park big transport trucks at the Kits location, though they do have underground parkade so maybe customer parking will be better there. I heard a rumour that a Supercharger might be located somewhere at/near the Kits store but I've seen no likely spot in the area nor any evidence of one being constructed (they wouldn't put one in the underground parkade, would they??)

anyhow, back on topic - these last few days waiting are painful, knowing my car is sitting there on the lot, nobody at the SC working the weekend - especially with the beautiful, crisp sunny days this weekend, perfect for driving!

They could. They've installed in parking garages before. e.g. Here's Las Vegas:
hmmm, that's interesting..... well, in addition to the normal looking underground parkade entrance at the new Kits store, there IS a suspicious looking separate parking/loading bay at the rear of the building that's fenced off. I will have to keep an eye on it to see if anything gets installed there...