Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks, great forum. I look forward to meeting owners in the Atlanta area. Let me add the following;

Ordered: February 14, 2016
Confirmed: February 21, 2016
In production: March 01 2016

90D | Obsidian Black | Pano | 19 Cyclone | Tan Next Gen | Matte Obeche | Black Headliner | AP | Premium Interior | Smart Air | UHFS | Sub Zero

The wait is hard...

2/14/16 - Order Date
2/21/16 - Confirmed
2/21/16 - VIN issued

DS is telling me to expect a late March delivery. Anyone know the average delivery time to the Tampa, FL location?

Best bet is to check the spreadsheet (see post #2) sort/filter by FL locations. Mine will come to West Palm Beach. When I did the sorting/filtering this is what I came up with:

From confirm to start production (2-26-2016): ~24, 25 days
Production: ~6, 7 days
Ship to East Coast/FL" ~10 to 12 days.

So I expect my S to be completed the 3rd or March, be in WPB around the 15th. Then it will be up to the SC to turn it around and schedule pick-up. Figure 2 days for that, so I am targeting the 17th.....

These are averages, not firm numbers. I have seen orders jump ahead, or be delayed for no apparent reason, and even when the config appeared to be the fairly similar. But play with the Google Doc spreadsheet and you will see what the factory is running recently as well as transit times. I do think though that the collective wisdom in this forum, coupled with the actual data from the Google Doc may very well exceed what the DS knows....or is willing to tell you.

S 85D, Deep Blue, Pano roof, Grey NextGen Seats, Matte Obeche, Smart Air suspension

1/22/16: ordered

1/30/16: confirmed, VIN assigned
2/18/16: production started
2/25/16: production ended
3/8/16: DS offers as first available time for pickup
3/11/16: Will be delivered (delay due to work obligations - I hate business travel sometimes!)

(Yes, it's all in the spreadsheet)

I'm so excited! Can hardly stand it knowing the car will be here soon...

Just see on MyTesla that my car is in final prep at the Delivery Center in Seattle. After this business trip I'm going to try to run by and see if I can at least take a peek at my new machine.

I'm almost there... Almost...

Just see on MyTesla that my car is in final prep at the Delivery Center in Seattle. After this business trip I'm going to try to run by and see if I can at least take a peek at my new machine.

I'm almost there... Almost...

Congrats! Looks like our journey is almost done (or is it just beginning? :)) I bet our cars were on the same transport. I'll be picking mine up on Thursday, taking the day off and then just driving for a few hours with my wife.

I'm picking up in Paramus, and the site now says March 6-16. I'm not sure how accurate that's going to be but I'll keep everyone posted!

ahh my car entered production on the 27th so if yours took 7 days, mine should be in transit on 3/4 therefore my delivery estimate should be between 3/8 - 3/18.

I emailed my DS last week wondering if I could pick it up between 3/11 and 3/14 and he said he feels optimistic regarding that time period so we'll see. We might pick up around the same time :D

Well Gang I picked up the P90D yesterday at 10AM in Milford, CT.
Very smooth delivery process even with the turn in of a vehicle.
The Milford SC crew provided just wonderful service during the delivery process.
As for the car, well I just cannot say enough about the P90D.
It is just so quiet. I do think that Tesla may have added more sound abatement insulation to the front motor area
as it sounds much quieter than all previous test drives I had taken in the P85D and early P90D.

The car is tight, quiet and has plentiful torque at all speeds I have tried.
At the end of the day, even with a few launches, I was at 344 Wh/m.

Here are a few pics... first is of me just prior to the Grand unveiling.
The second was taken at the Stevenson Hydro Electric Dam along the Housatonic River in Shelton Connecticut.
BTW, there is a road that we took to get to where we shot the photo above the dam's arches...
The noise there was loud as the fish ladder spillway was really running hard as you can see.
This is a wonderful place to fish (tag & release) for Striped Bass and Sea Run Brown Trout (like a salmon).

IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg

Last edited:
I just cannot say enough about the P90D.
It is just so quiet. I do think that Tesla may have added more sound abatement insulation to the front motor area
as it sounds much quieter than all previous test drives in the P85D and early P90D.

Here are a few pics... first is of me just prior to the unveiling.
The second was taken at the Stevenson Hydro Electric Dam along the Housatonic River in Shelton Connecticut.

Criminy, what a beautiful machine. Congratulations again.

Man... Sheesh

The Milford SC crew provided just wonderful service during the delivery process.
As for the car, well I just cannot say enough about the P90D.
as it sounds much quieter than all previous test drives I had taken in the P85D and early P90D.

At the end of the day, even with a few launches, I was at 344 Wh/m.

Here are a few pics... first is of me just prior to the Grand unveiling.
BTW, there is a road that we took to get to where we shot the photo above the dam's arches...
The noise there was loud as the fish ladder spillway was really running hard as you can see.
This is a wonderful place to fish (tag & release) for Striped Bass and Sea Run Brown Trout (like a salmon).

View attachment 113552View attachment 113553

congrats, looks great & very cool!! No word on mine or a peep from my ds's despite 3 emails!